Can you point me in the right direction.

MissMolly

Hello and good day. I'v not played much lately, and iv seen the game is being updated a lot. So here's my request,  I have a bunch of really old parts I'd like to keep using, there are no .dll in my parts just .pug, .dds, .tga,  and the .cfg.

if you need more info please let me know.

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, MissMolly said:

if you need more info please let me know.

Yes, more info would be helpful.  :)

Your title says "can you point me in the right direction", which sounds like you're asking for help... but your actual post doesn't actually ask any questions.  If you've got older parts, just use them, no?

What exactly is the problem, i.e. what is it that you're trying to do that's not working for you?

For old parts I'd compare the .cfg to a similar current part from Squad and see that all or most fields that Squad defines are present. I see this problem even in mods supposedly compatible with 1.6.1. If fields are missing you don't necessarily have to add them, but you should be aware of what the missing fields do. For example, bulkheadProfiles popped up as necessary in 1.6+ or you can break the VAB editor if you try to use the advanced filter to sort by cross section. Some mods updated to fix this, others refused and left it on the players to patch themselves.

Really it comes done to trying them and see if anything seems broken.

1 hour ago, Snark said:

Yes, more info would be helpful.  :)

Your title says "can you point me in the right direction", which sounds like you're asking for help... but your actual post doesn't actually ask any questions.  If you've got older parts, just use them, no?

What exactly is the problem, i.e. what is it that you're trying to do that's not working for you?

@Snark sorry I'm a bit sick, brain not working :) .  Some of the parts I want to keep using will not show up in game, I'v had to put all my old parts in to the part folder in the ksp folder, to keep using them. as an example would be this one of many others.

For old parts I'd compare the .cfg to a similar current part from Squad and see that all or most fields that Squad defines are present. I see this problem even in mods supposedly compatible with 1.6.1. If fields are missing you don't necessarily have to add them, but you should be aware of what the missing fields do. For example, bulkheadProfiles popped up as necessary in 1.6+ or you can break the VAB editor if you try to use the advanced filter to sort by cross section. Some mods updated to fix this, others refused and left it on the players to patch themselves.

Really it comes done to trying them and see if anything seems broken.

@Tonka Crash Thank you, I have compared some of my parts and have edit them as you suggested; some of what I'v done has worked and some not so well.

So when I'm compare my part.cfg to Squad,  I have made changes to have the same format. Not sure if this is necessary or as long as I have the parameters in place the format is not as important?

FYI when I talk about the "format" I'm referring to how they look when i compare them, so they look same, if that makes any sense. you will see in the pic the left is my old part and the right is that of Squad.

P.s  Sorry guys I have dyslexia, so I'v tried to make this as clear as I can. and not worries this is not the first time.

Edited by MissMolly

That's not just a parts pack. That only works with KAS & Infernal Robotics. The parts match up to this mod:

The tail end of that thread indicate players had it working in 1.4.3, so it might work in 1.6.1, but you'll need to research what was done to get it working.

31 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

That's not just a parts pack. That only works with KAS & Infernal Robotics. The parts match up to this mod:

The tail end of that thread indicate players had it working in 1.4.3, so it might work in 1.6.1, but you'll need to research what was done to get it working.

I do have both of them mods as well the big problem is the parts are just not showing up. I'll look in to your link as well thank you for you time.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Tonka Crash said:

I can confirm this mod works perfectly in 1.6.1, I have been using it for several months without issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.