[1.8.x] Red Stapler's Music Melomania Mod v3.0 (2020-02-12)

Red Stapler

2 hours ago, Red Stapler said:

Yeah, I had placed pizza's .dll in a backup folder in the same folder path, that was the issue.  

Your files works as intended, you are good to go! 

Tnx again man, great work.  If you take up pizza's stuff, I can help test between work crap.  Cheers. :)

Try this (still for 1.7.3 only):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn5cxxkjdn4cbv2/SoundtrackEditor.dll?dl=0

Has the following changes:

• Fixed node value being saved in Persisor.cs, line 457, was saving the vesselState as a vesselSituation
  • Fixed a nullref when entering the editor, nullref was because constructionPlaylist was empty, and it appears that the game code is assuming there is always a playlist
  • Replaced toolbar code with ToolbarController
  • Made left click open/close the player, right-click open the main gui
  • Added ClickThroughBlocker

This now requires the following:

• ClickThroughBlocker
  • Toolbarcontroller
  • SpacetuxLibraries

On 11/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Try this (still for 1.7.3 only):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn5cxxkjdn4cbv2/SoundtrackEditor.dll?dl=0

Has the following changes:

• Fixed node value being saved in Persisor.cs, line 457, was saving the vesselState as a vesselSituation
  • Fixed a nullref when entering the editor, nullref was because constructionPlaylist was empty, and it appears that the game code is assuming there is always a playlist
  • Replaced toolbar code with ToolbarController
  • Made left click open/close the player, right-click open the main gui
  • Added ClickThroughBlocker

This now requires the following:

• ClickThroughBlocker
  • Toolbarcontroller
  • SpacetuxLibraries

Awesome, just dnlded and will try out tomorrow/this weekend. :cool:

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just heard from @pizzaoverhead, he is still interested in continuing the SoundtrackEditor.  So I'm going to be sending him my changes and will not be adopting this mod

Cool....please know your work is appreciated!  Thanks again for patching it up, especially the vesselState changing to vesselSituation issue. :)

Edited by Red Stapler

• 2 months later...

This may be a little obvious, but:

Does adding this music mod and soundtrack editor increase the game's ram and cpu usage? If so, any indication by how much? 

I am definitely interested in using this, however my installs are already near the limits of what my pc can handle, at 140-ish mods installed.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:09 AM, Morphisor said:

This may be a little obvious, but:

Does adding this music mod and soundtrack editor increase the game's ram and cpu usage? If so, any indication by how much? 

I am definitely interested in using this, however my installs are already near the limits of what my pc can handle, at 140-ish mods installed.

Yes, Soundtrack Editor (STE) does a little bit on the ram, but fortunately all of the music files for this mod and STE are outside of the GameData folder so they all don't all get loaded at game startup which would eat up a lot of ram for large playlists (used to be the case on much older versions of STE). 

So what happens is if you load into a scene (say the VAB for example), it will load the music tracks into memory 1 at a time (if you have a large playlist or very long songs this will impact your ram usage more as songs get loaded and play).  If you are close to max on your ram usage, this could be an issue for you if you have many songs, etc.  

Fortunately, I went thru every track for my mod and converted them into .ogg files so as to have the smallest ram footprint as they load (other formats eat up more ram).

Hope this helps!

RS

Edited by Red Stapler

14 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

Thanks! Trying it out :cool:

If you have STE, you might want to update to STEF (Forked) recently put out by linuxgurugamer which fixes some issues STE had (as mentioned on the OP for this thread and STEF here: 

FYI - I am in the process of updating my downloads as well right now....no changes to my v3.0 mod, just text and link updates to Forked (for Github/Spacedock/CurseForge) so peeps dnld the latest dependency (STEF instead of STE) going forward. :)

Edited by Red Stapler

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.