Air Superiority Fighter Competition Unlimited [ON HOLD]

14 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Thanks. Looking foward to blowing kerbals out of the sky.

Did you find the surprise function?

I figured it out as soon as I inspected the craft. 

It was interesting, I guess. 

52 minutes ago, ZLM-Master said:

qsDNRs2.jpg

This one is heavier than usual . Some kind of flying tank . May annoy some of your craft but not all ;)

13 tons & good among of weapon and fuel . Radar . Heat . Gun & RD .

Tee-Bird - Battlecruiser

That's more like what I expected from you. 

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming of S I D E W I N D E R S P A M.

Spoiler

@dundun92's Du-15-20 faces off against @panzerknoef's UT-7-B4:

After Action Report:

Spoiler

Battle Report:

3s294mr.png

Aircraft Statistical Comparison:

Aircraft

Flt. Dyn.

Propls.

End.

Size

Damage Mtgtn.

Offnsv. Capblts.

Flt. Ctrl.

Du-15-20

Zircon UT-7-B4

Analysis:

Yeah, everyone on the Discord knows what I'm talking about.

After almost a week of building around other competitions' rules, I forgot what it was like to have a no-holds-barred brawl where aircraft (at this stage of ASC) have little room for error. Also, I forgot what ludicrous Sidewinder spam was like. Maybe all those other guys do have a bit of a point...

Well, there's still Missilebrick, so we've yet to max out true missile spam. But look, a year ago, 4 Sidewinders was considered a lot (but in the context, that made sense). Then I went to trying 6, which I thought was probably just right. Then I went to 8, which I thought was definitely enough. Then I experimentally loaded 10 more than six months ago, which already felt spammy. Then when the competition restarted and development picked up from where it left off, you guys started packing 12 (which is... a lot), and now 14. Now that might be a bit much... if not for the fact that 28 is next in the queue. Anyways...

There's not really much to say about this battle other than what I've already said. Ludicrous missile spam and aircraft cannot make any mistakes. At this stage of ASC, to have a chance of surviving this kind of battle, the Pilot AI must be programmed to the extent of nearly always succeeding in carrying out its intended maneuvers; a mistake may mean a botched flight path, which may mean a missed shot or death. As well, the aircraft must be able to throw back equivalent amounts of damage, and finally, if need be, take a hit or two.

That said, the Du-15 is still quite lacking in that first category, as can be seen from its excessive roll; it can't control it. Its Flight Dynamics score gets docked for that. Its Damage Mitigation went untested in this battle as it didn't appear that the UT-7s were able to land a single missile hit.

The UT-7s are showing their age in this rapidly evolving competition, with not much damage mitigation and an armament that is barely sufficient, but then also not able to utilize optimally, which greatly hurt its ability to fight back... at all.

The Du-15-20 continues on to fight the X-Fighter Hunter V1 next, which I suspect will not be much of a battle either.

So yeah, the Maneuverability stat has been changed to Flight Dynamics, which encompasses maneuverability and stability and control surface setup. It's the physical aspect to how the plane flies as a whole. It's influenced by Flight Control, but still its own distinct category as it does still cover its own specific attributes.

Edited by Box of Stardust

10 hours ago, ZLM-Master said:

qsDNRs2.jpg

This one is heavier than usual . Some kind of flying tank . May annoy some of your craft but not all ;)

13 tons & good among of weapon and fuel . Radar . Heat . Gun & RD .

Tee-Bird - Battlecruiser

Oh yeah, BDA has a better Panther engine now, by the way. It's called the Saturn, also under engines, looks like the Panther. Might want to swap the Panthers with that.

5 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming of S I D E W I N D E R S P A M

Haha ! Back in 2K17 ;)

12 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

That's more like what I expected from you

I know , but i really really want to build a super lightweight drone , but most of them was a fail . Tee-Phoon is maybe the better i've build but it's outperform in actual meta .

11 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

What's with the rear-facing intakes?

Yep both styling &/ armouring . By fine offset you can gain on your radar cross section , especially on his face view . minor on the side & close to nothing on the Top view .

... i just hate the sound of the Saturn engine XD . this is the regular Panther !! Haha !!

but yep , half the mass , more thrust , less fuel flow & less heat generation  ( about 35% ) But it's sound , AggGGrRR ! no i cannot !

6 hours ago, ZLM-Master said:

Haha ! Back in 2K17 ;)

I know , but i really really want to build a super lightweight drone , but most of them was a fail . Tee-Phoon is maybe the better i've build but it's outperform in actual meta .

Yep both styling &/ armouring . By fine offset you can gain on your radar cross section , especially on his face view . minor on the side & close to nothing on the Top view .

... i just hate the sound of the Saturn engine XD . this is the regular Panther !! Haha !!

but yep , half the mass , more thrust , less fuel flow & less heat generation  ( about 35% ) But it's sound , AggGGrRR ! no i cannot !

Lol, okay, if the sound gets to you then. Just making sure you know what you're trading. :P

24 minutes ago, Tsar_bomba said:

I have a suggestion. you should build a multi-directional jet

For now , we limited by how BDAc AI allow us to build something & it not allowed us to group engines for multi flight purpose , ( VTol to Horizontal or other flight mode )

But if you find a tricky build or tune , then ;)

EDIT : absolutly , there's a way to toggle engines and bind them to function key , ( brakes , gear , ... ) but it's pretty hazardous method !

Edited by ZLM-Master
Edit

4 hours ago, Tsar_bomba said:

im gonna find some time and make an epic jet to DESTROY YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

but that will be awhile

I recommend studying all the current designs, and maybe last season's too. I wouldn't go too far back though, due to BDA changes. Good luck! You're gonna need it...

15 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

I recommend studying all the current designs, and maybe last season's too. I wouldn't go too far back though, due to BDA changes. Good luck! You're gonna need it...

naw I already have a test design in my head^_^

Heh.

So it turns out Eidahlil was still also already ahead of the curve. I guess we just forgot.

He was trying to teach modern ASC lessons, but he was too ahead of his time. Hedgedrone, the missile spammer, and Cookie, the gun jouster. And he was even the one that voted to nuke the Hedgedrone out of the leaderboard when it won.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.