• 0
Sign in to follow this  
max17

Mods don't show up?!?

Question

Why can't I see any of the mods in ksp 1.5? I downloaded stage recovery, the button doesn't show. Downloaded (mechjeb for all) again no button. Nothing's working. I have module manager 3.1.1.dll installed.  Please help. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/6jcObDM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

MechjebForAll is only a config to bring MJ-Modul to all Pods/Probecores. So if MechjebForAll is installed you don`t need the MJ-Computer anymore.

So you need Mechjeb + MechjebForAll both. Or only MJ. MechjebForAll without MJ does nothing.

Edited by Cheesecake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, max17 said:

Why can't I see any of the mods in ksp 1.5? I downloaded stage recovery, the button doesn't show. Downloaded (mechjeb for all) again no button. Nothing's working. I have module manager 3.1.1.dll installed.  Please help. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/6jcObDM

that imgur link is from july, please include an updated imgur link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
29 minutes ago, max17 said:

Why can't I see any of the mods in ksp 1.5? I downloaded stage recovery, the button doesn't show. Downloaded (mechjeb for all) again no button. Nothing's working. I have module manager 3.1.1.dll installed.  Please help. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/6jcObDM

mm3.1.2 [for v1.5] can be used. if the mods don't show it is usually that they are not installed under the "gamedata" folder properly

mm.dll belongs in that folder as well.

please posts logs for more support

hope this helps

Jammer-TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It works for me. Those posts were posted today.

jammer I did post logs. check the Imgur link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Have you downloaded the correct version of the mod and installed it correctly? An improper install can cause the mod to not work at all, or have some features disabled, or even in extreme cases. break the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

MechJeb for all doesn't provide an ingame button, it is just a MM patch to add some partmodules to parts ;)

In case of Stage Revocery, you forgot to install the dependencies (always check the OP of a mod thread, the dependencies are usually listed there, if there are any):

 

33 minutes ago, max17 said:

jammer I did post logs. check the Imgur link.

Screenshots of the debug console doesn't qualify as a log ;) The actual log file contains way more informations and and we can look for everything that might cause the issue. In this cause, we would fine some entries about the missing dependencies, which are definitly not the lines which are shown in your screenshots.

There is a thread pinned at the top of this subforum which describes where you can find the log file, depending on your operating system:

In order to fix mod issues, it is usually required to upload the log file to a cloud or filehoster and share a download link here in the forum. Well, in this case it is already pretty obvious but keep it in mind for the future :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

MechJeb for all doesn't provide an ingame button, it is just a MM patch to add some partmodules to parts ;)

In case of Stage Revocery, you forgot to install the dependencies (always check the OP of a mod thread, the dependencies are usually listed there, if there are any):

 

Screenshots of the debug console doesn't qualify as a log ;) The actual log file contains way more informations and and we can look for everything that might cause the issue. In this cause, we would fine some entries about the missing dependencies, which are definitly not the lines which are shown in your screenshots.

There is a thread pinned at the top of this subforum which describes where you can find the log file, depending on your operating system:

In order to fix mod issues, it is usually required to upload the log file to a cloud or filehoster and share a download link here in the forum. Well, in this case it is already pretty obvious but keep it in mind for the future :)

lmao sorry. I though thats what people always talked about when they said post a log file.:lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

well I got stage recovery working. But mechjeb still doesn't work, I downloaded it off of curse forge after you told me that mechjeb for all isn't the one. Im only trying to make a propulsive landing as KER's suicide burn readouts are incorrect. Why is everything so hard to get to work? I dropped the mechjeb folder into gamete btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, max17 said:

well I got stage recovery working

Very good :)

1 hour ago, max17 said:

But mechjeb still doesn't work, I downloaded it off of curse forge after you told me that mechjeb for all isn't the one. Im only trying to make a propulsive landing as KER's suicide burn readouts are incorrect. Why is everything so hard to get to work? I dropped the mechjeb folder into gamete btw.

Uhm...did you actually install MechJeb? When I look at your previous screenshot of your GameData folder, I can only see 'MechJebForAll', which is indeed just a simple MM patch to add the functionallity of MechJeb, KER and kOS to every command pod.

If you didn't know, MechJeb, KER and kOS need a special part on your vessel to work. These parts are included in these mods, and if you don't add them to your ship, you cannot use the mod, even when it is installed properly. KER doesn't require the part anymore since it got it's own setting for this but that's just on a side note ;)
MechJebForAll changes this behaviour and puts the functionallity of the special parts, to every command module (pods and probe cores) but you still need to install the actual mod. MechJebForAll does not provide the functionally of MechJeb, it makes it just easier to use.

So, if you haven't done it already, here's the link to MechJeb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Very good :)

Uhm...did you actually install MechJeb? When I look at your previous screenshot of your GameData folder, I can only see 'MechJebForAll', which is indeed just a simple MM patch to add the functionallity of MechJeb, KER and kOS to every command pod.

If you didn't know, MechJeb, KER and kOS need a special part on your vessel to work. These parts are included in these mods, and if you don't add them to your ship, you cannot use the mod, even when it is installed properly. KER doesn't require the part anymore since it got it's own setting for this but that's just on a side note ;)
MechJebForAll changes this behaviour and puts the functionallity of the special parts, to every command module (pods and probe cores) but you still need to install the actual mod. MechJebForAll does not provide the functionally of MechJeb, it makes it just easier to use.

So, if you haven't done it already, here's the link to MechJeb:

 

Yes, I downloaded the actual mechjeb. I've had it before on ksp 1.2.2 so im not a noob to the game, it's just that I couldn't find mechjeb for 1.5 on space dock and I thought mechjeb for all was a continued mod. But I now found the correct one on curseforge, downloaded it but it still doesn't work.

Edited by max17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this