I need some suggestions

TheKorbinjer

For those of who do not know who I am, I build scale replica aircraft (stock and modded) all of the time, and lately, I've run out of ideas.

The purpose of this post is that maybe someone browsing the forums will throw me a suggestion to build because I've really run low on things to build.

Things I have built

C5 Galaxy, Q400, BF109G, Piaggio P-180 Avanti, F18, F35, F22, F16, F15, C-17, 747, B2, SR-71, F4U Corsair, XP-55 Ascender, Do-335, B52 Superfortress, Bell X-1, X-15, Cessna Caravan, Cessna Citation X, Piper Cherokee, F82 Twin Mustang, Wright Flyer, 787 Dreamliner, A-10 Warthog, Avro Canada CF-105, Avro Vulcan,  F5 Tiger, F86 Sabre, Eurofighter Typhoon, Embraer ERJ 145,  F104 Starfighter, Vampire FB5,  YF-12A, SU-47, SU-25, SU-27, SU-34, ME-262, Concorde. etc...

Please, whoever reads this, suggest something.

As always

Take care!

- TheKorbinjer

Edited by TheKorbinjer
Google drive had all my saves, I added those because I don't want to build them again.

@TheKorbinjer

When I run low on ideas, I do look at a few websites I am more than happy to share with you.

If you need other sources, I can list those, too. I hope they help provide some inspiration.

19 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Same with the USAF museum at Wright Pat in Dayton.

I was just thinking the same.  Also, the Seattle Museum of Flight.

They have this, which might not look like much, but would be an interesting challenge to build.

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

b-17, b-29, Sopwith Camel, AeroCar, Spruce Goose, Spirit of St louis. 

Just go to the Smithsonian Air & Space museum website and look at the exhibits they have.   Same with the USAF museum at Wright Pat in Dayton. 

I just built the B29 a few hours ago, the spruce goose i built in RSS, i forgot to add it. Behemoth, it was. I'll try the Sopwith Camel.

2 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

AN-225 Mriya? 

I'd like to not murder my computer lol

24 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I didn't see a F-14 Tomcat on that list; the swing wings might be challenging..

Maybe an X-29?

x-29-EC87-0182.jpg

I touched up on the F14, but I wasn't able to create wings that could sweep and go straight again. I'll try the X-29 though!

Edited by TheKorbinjer

17 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

@TheKorbinjer since you don't want your computer murdered, try doing a Hawker Typhoon

I remember that thing from War Thunder! I like the fat intake below the engine. I'm def' trying this one.

7 hours ago, bigcalm said:

BV 141 - https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=781 .  I tried to build this.  I did get it off the ground.  The pilot survived, the plane didn't.

Y E S I LOVE WEIRD LOOKING PLANES!

What about the hated BV-238? Maybe i'll touch that thing some other day, I feel like the part count would be too high for that beast.

5 hours ago, Schwarz said:

I don't see a J-35 Draken, could be an interesting little plane to build.

It looks like something from KSP that accidentally got built in the real world. The air intakes are almost separated from the aircraft. 

11 hours ago, HeliosPh0enix said:

Maybe try the P-39 Airacobra or P-63 Kingcobra.  Interesting WWII fighters with a tricycle landing gear design and a unique nose shape.

Another funky thing with them was the mid-engine (like a supercar) construction.

Engine behind the pilot and a long shaft to a tractor propeller, leaving room (and weight) for heavy guns in the nose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.