AbacusOnKSP

Early pre-release versions 0.7-0.13 were free demos and may be traded. Anything after that falls under Squad's copyrights and cannot be legally traded. I'm told that there is a method to get the older versions through Steam if you have bought the game through Steam, but I'm sorry, I do not know the details. 

If you have legally purchased Kerbal Space Program through Steam, simply right click on the game name and select properties. From here:

1. Click the BETA tab. Once on the BETA tab, there's a drop box that offers you several options.
  2. By default, it is set on NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.
  3. From that drop-down menu, select any version listed. The one closest to 1.0 will be 1.0.5, select that.
  4. Steam will begin to automatically install your preferred version of KSP.

PLEASE NOTE: Mods which were designed to work on later editions of Kerbal Space Program WILL NOT WORK on 1.0.5

If you got the game via Steam, you can use the Beta channels function of Steam to go back to KSP v1.0.5, without requiring any kind of Beta key. If you bought via GOG, the earliest available version through the Galaxy client's beta branches is 1.2.

(also: Ninja'd by adsii, heh).

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Also, i have to ask why anyone would ever want to willingly install a KSP version that lasted 4 whole days before being fixed.  I do note that KSP 1.0 became the demo, which seems a bit odd considering how nasty it was, I'd have thought 1.0.5 would have been a better choice.

I just wanted to try a glitch I saw in a video.

Hi all

I still have Version 1.0 on my laptop, as well as the demo. I don't run it very often because

(a) I don't use the laptop nearly as much as I used to and

(b) KSP doesn't run very well on the laptop limited resources. About 5 to 10 minutes between crashes, much less if I try to launch a 600 part mega-dreadnought SSTO. This is better than the desktop system I was using at the time, which crashed after almost every mission. 

The demo was LOTS of FUN, it completely sold me on the idea of spending real money on getting the full game, something that hasn't really happened since... maybe the late 90s. As I didn't have disposable income at the time I had to wait six months and ask family not to give me Christmas and birthday presents, to give me the cash instead. 

Anyway, 

Regards

Orc

23 minutes ago, Orc said:

Hi all

I still have Version 1.0 on my laptop, as well as the demo. I don't run it very often because

(a) I don't use the laptop nearly as much as I used to and

(b) KSP doesn't run very well on the laptop limited resources. About 5 to 10 minutes between crashes, much less if I try to launch a 600 part mega-dreadnought SSTO. This is better than the desktop system I was using at the time, which crashed after almost every mission. 

The demo was LOTS of FUN, it completely sold me on the idea of spending real money on getting the full game, something that hasn't really happened since... maybe the late 90s. As I didn't have disposable income at the time I had to wait six months and ask family not to give me Christmas and birthday presents, to give me the cash instead. 

Anyway, 

Regards

Orc

Would you be able to send the file?

14 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Am I the only person who still has their KSP on 1.0.0? I'll update it, I swear! (someday...)

I was on 1.0.4 until 1.3.1.

I look forward to the day when KSP1 is finally finished.  I just like having finished things.

8 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Unfortunately this would be a violation of take 2's intellectual property as mentioned above by @Vanamonde.

Exactly.  I still have versions and mod collections dating back to 0.24.2, but I won't be sharing because I try to not do illegal things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.