1 hour ago, FoxTrotGaming76 said:

They should add a hydraulics system for elevators or something like that

Definitely ! It would lead to a lot of cooler builds and more possibilities. I think some type of real parts for ships and boats would be cool

I think they should add a more diverse array of parts, but nothing to advanced. I, personally, like how the Kerbals aren't a very advanced species and simply throw together rockets out of scrap metals. I don't want anything futuristic, and pistons and elevators are starting to border on beyond the capabilities of Kerbals. 

I definitely want to see some kind of part articulation. Hinges, pistons, and turning parts would allow for a whole slew of designs that aren't possible in the stock game. I haven't messed with Infernal Robotics in a while, maybe I'll take a look at it again.

If no specialized parts for articulation, then allow attachment to the parts that move and have them move appropriately. For instance, attaching instruments to the underside of a cargo bay door; or attachment of parts to control surfaces. If that could be done, you wouldn't even need to make a new "hinge" part. I understand there is some physics issue with having a section of the craft that moves separately, though I'm not clear on why.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:08 AM, Duck McFuddle said:

I think they should add a more diverse array of parts, but nothing to advanced. I, personally, like how the Kerbals aren't a very advanced species and simply throw together rockets out of scrap metals. I don't want anything futuristic, and pistons and elevators are starting to border on beyond the capabilities of Kerbals. 

I'm fine with some simple parts of this sort.  We know from the extendable landing legs that the Kerbals have some experience making things that move.  Just wish they could adapt the technology a little more broadly.

Of course, this is the same species that invented like 6 different kinds of rocket engines before the rung ladder...

2 hours ago, Aegolius13 said:

I'm fine with some simple parts of this sort.  We know from the extendable landing legs that the Kerbals have some experience making things that move. 

Of course... Kerbals can make things that move. I completely forgot about those. I think a happy medium could be found - a few rotating hinges with maybe a small piston. Nothing crazy, but enough to open up a bigger variety of possible missions.

1 hour ago, Duck McFuddle said:

a few rotating hinges with maybe a small piston

We can't trust kerbals with such things. You know where this will lead. Minmus-flavoured icecream-ball catapults and cannons, that's what. There will be war, kerbals will deplete Minmus, there'll be dead fat kerbals lying helpless everywhere groaning with indigestion, and it will all be your fault for suggesting such parts in the first place.

Are you happy now?

Are you?

14 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

We can't trust kerbals with such things. You know where this will lead. Minmus-flavoured icecream-ball catapults and cannons, that's what. There will be war, kerbals will deplete Minmus, there'll be dead fat kerbals lying helpless everywhere groaning with indigestion, and it will all be your fault for suggesting such parts in the first place.

I don't see what's wrong with this at all! I like the idea of tossing Kermen around using catapults and the like...

12 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I'm 90% sure the KW pack has that. 

Several mods have them (FASA RCS, Mandatory RCS, etc.).  But I want them stock.  It's such a little thing to improve KSP significantly.  While doing a redesign of the existing RCS blocks would be appropriate.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:42 PM, adsii1970 said:

If I were to ask for any part I'd like to see, I'd like a bigger selection of antennae. Here's what I'd love to see:

AV-10L.jpg  cessna_antenna_5.jpg  Choice-1024x1024.jpg

SKU111743b.jpg

is it just me, or is that white one with the black background actually just a foot off of a tv.

16 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Looks great! You did, however, forget the worthy blade antenna. :)

Image result for comant CI-108 gps blade antenna

Oh, yeah... I did think about putting it in the post but most folks wouldn't recognize it... 

But then again, most didn't recognize the other aircraft antenna either. :/

On 2/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, doggonemess said:

If no specialized parts for articulation, then allow attachment to the parts that move and have them move appropriately. For instance, attaching instruments to the underside of a cargo bay door; or attachment of parts to control surfaces.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.