I think stock hinges and spinny gizmos would be a great idea. People make stock hinges all the time so it really wouldn't change much gameplay wise - other than lowering part count and making things less tedious.

On that note I'd love to see stock electric propellors for Eve + Duna planes.

2 hours ago, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

I think stock hinges and spinny gizmos would be a great idea. People make stock hinges all the time so it really wouldn't change much gameplay wise - other than lowering part count and making things less tedious.

You and me both! I don't know how much they would really help on Duna, but on Eve they would make it a whole new ballgame.

21 hours ago, herbal space program said:

You and me both! I don't know how much they would really help on Duna, but on Eve they would make it a whole new ballgame.

I was thinking something along these lines for Duna:

260px-ARES_soaring_over_Mars.jpgPIA22460-Mars2020Mission-Helicopter-20180525.jpg

Duna's thin atmosphere would mean you couldn't bring much payload, but you could certainly cram in some science equipment.

7 minutes ago, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

I was thinking something along these lines for Duna:

260px-ARES_soaring_over_Mars.jpgPIA22460-Mars2020Mission-Helicopter-20180525.jpg

Duna's thin atmosphere would mean you couldn't bring much payload, but you could certainly cram in some science equipment.

Yes, for that sort of application I think they'd be great there. I remember the days when one used to be able to use Ions for that to essentially the same effect, but I think maybe those have been nerfed now to the point that they don't work so well anymore.

3 hours ago, Aeroboi said:

What are you saying. The Ant has 2Kn of Thrust, the Dawn ION engine has 2Kn thrust also :sticktongue: What is it you want exactly?

An electrical device to increase rocket thrust.  But it only works on small scale, and or pulses.  Xenon has a low ionization energy.  But in a flame the valence electrons are already liberated as a plasma.  So the positive ions can be accelerated by an electric field. 

If it were a KSP part it might have an ISP of 700, and weigh less than the xenon kit, and also perhaps use electricity more than the xenon kit.

There currently exist such engines and they are used for super high altitude airships.  Possibly the best way to push lighter than air ships to orbital velocity on Earth and Venus.  

http://www.jpaerospace.com/

2 hours ago, Rover 6428 said:

A large 4 seat crew capsule

A small, heavy capsule with high crew capacity would be useful as escape pod. It would have to have some limitations though, like low battery, no RCS thrusters, no monopropellant and a weak R̖̫͍͉͎͋͛̀͐̾̽̇e̝͉̥̼̱͔̾͑̊͘̕͟͟͝a̶̧͉͎̟͙̗̒̎̉͊̽͠ͅͅc̶̣̤̼̰̾̿͛̊͜͝͠t̡̫͖̠̫̙͎̮͔͑̇̋̊̋̆̕i̴̛̖̬͔̝͇̖͐̒͊̏͝ͅó̴̢̧̹͓̯̠͓͍͒̔͊͘͢n̷̨̡̙͙̜̪͒̈̀̏̒̇̀̕͟ h̜͉̮̗̓͌̓̓̔̇̕͝͝ͅw̛̝̙̘̣͙͖̰͖̐̐̈́͒̽̅̄ͅe̵̛͔̰͔͕͍̺̘̣͈̗̒̓͛̋̿͠͞ė̡̻̪̪̭̑͒̂͝͠l̷̛̹͕̹̝͈͌͗̄̅́̆͠s̡̫̞͙̹̯̞̬̫̞̑͛͋̀͂͡, since that would otherwise be overpowered.

Moar boosters would be good, I would like to see some accurately-sized space shuttle ones soon.

Edited by Salmon
Adding in "MOAR BOOSTERS".

14 hours ago, Rover 6428 said:

A large 4 seat crew capsule

A 4 seater is what we need. Sometimes you take a rover to a destination that consists of a mobile processing lab (requires 2 scientists), a pilot module (requires pilot) and a engineer to fix wheels and other stuff. That's 4 Kerbals on a mission.

Preferably you want to take those 4 Kerbals back to Kerbin in a dedicated pod.

Previously I just mounted a MK1 to a MK2 command pod but that looks "off"
So stock wise a dedicated 4 seater is really a logical puzzle piece to have.

Edited by Aeroboi

• 6 months later...

Breaking Ground Expansion  (pretend there's a smiley face with shades)

On 3/20/2019 at 2:48 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Maybe a new, 8 Kerbal part for large space stations and planetary bases? Or Mk2 decouplers? 

or mk3 decoplers?

On 3/9/2019 at 3:56 AM, Ol’ Musky Boi said:

See previous comment

Something that came to my mind today after reading post after post about 1.8's heating issues.

Radial heatshield specifically intended to be attached to the underside of spaceplanes.

Something like the existing non-edge radiator panel models that conforms to the hull's curvature but larger, possibly procedural, and with ablator instead of active cooling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.