Sigma Dimensions help

This should go in the SD thread, but unfortunately Sigma88 has quit KSP forums and locked and blanked all his threads. I want to rescale the system to 2.5x stock scale, but the GitHub page for SD is lacking in information and I haven't got a clue how to do it. I also can't seem to find any information on whether SD is compatable with other planet packs (specifically the most recent  version of KSS stock and extended). Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

You can find infos at github:

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions

Base Settings Definitions

• Resize, <double>, default value = 1, Can be set to any positive number.

Planetary Radius is multiplied by this value.

The mass of each body is changed to maintain the same surface gravity.

• Rescale, <double>, default value = 1, Can be set to any positive number.

Orbit size (SemiMajor Axis) is multiplied by this value.

• Atmosphere, <double>, default value = 1, Can be set to any positive number.

Atmosphere height is multiplied by this value.

• dayLengthMultiplier, <double>, default value = 1, Can be set to any positive number.

Rotation period is multiplied by this value.

Does not affect tidally locked bodies.

Thats the base settings. You can find more on github.
And yes, it should work with every planetpack.

Description is on github. You need to change the settings in the config which is delivered with Sigma.

If your System should be 2.5x you must change Resize to Resize = 2.5.
1 is stock.

So for a 100km Atmosphere heigt (stock is 70km) you must change to Atmosphere = 1.4286 because 70km x 1.4286 =~100km

Note: change the settings in the config effects the entire kerbol-system. If you only want to change te parameter you must write a new config.
I`m at work so I have no access to my configs but can send you later.

3 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Description is on github. You need to change the settings in the config which is delivered with Sigma.

If your System should be 2.5x you must change Resize to Resize = 2.5.
1 is stock.

So for a 100km Atmosphere heigt (stock is 70km) you must change to Atmosphere = 1.4286 because 70km x 1.4286 =~100km

Note: change the settings in the config effects the entire kerbol-system. If you only want to change te parameter you must write a new config.
I`m at work so I have no access to my configs but can send you later.

Mkay, thanks again for the info. I'll have a tinker with it tomorrow, I'm quite tired.

@Cheesecake Sorry to bother you again, but I still don't know what to do. I edited Settings.cfg, dragged it into Gamedata as specified, installed the latest ModuleManager, but for some reason it just doesn't work.

EDIT: Installed KSS extended (very large planet mod) and Kopernicus, MM now spews out errors while loading and then crashes.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

You need to copy the entiere Sigma-Folder into GameData. There is no need to put the settings.cfg into GameData because it is in GameData/Sigma/SigmaDimensions. You must only chnage the parameters inside this config.

Download SigmaDimensions and put in your GameData (as you do with any other mods in ksp). Also you need Kopernicus and Modular Flight integrator and MooduleManager. Next you go into the settings.cfg and change your required parameters. Start the game. Ready.

I suggest for the first time you change only one parameter and look how it works.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

You need to copy the entiere Sigma-Folder into GameData. There is no need to put the settings.cfg into GameData because it is in GameData/Sigma/SigmaDimensions. You must only chnage the parameters inside this config.

Download SigmaDimensions and put in your GameData (as you do with any other mods in ksp). Also you need Kopernicus and Modular Flight integrator and MooduleManager. Next you go into the settings.cfg and change your required parameters. Start the game. Ready.

I suggest for the first time you change only one parameter and look how it works.

Thanks again for the info, after some tinkering I've found that KSS isn't compatible with SD, so I'm not going to use that. I've also found that editing settings.cfg and leaving it where it is does absolutely nothing, and that I have to edit every single parameter in Dimensions\Configs\Bodies, which obviously won't work if I'm going to be using a planet pack like OPM. Man, this stuff is frustrating. Any idea what I'm doing wrong, and if possible please could you just link me to a preset 2.5x scaled system?

Do you have Kopernicus and Modular Flight integrator (bundled with Kopernicus)? With this 2 mods ist works. I have a working Savegame in 1.6 with Sigma Dimensions.

Edit: You can post in the Sigma-Dimensions-Thread too. It isn`t closed and Sigma is still active.

Edited by Cheesecake

Just now, Cheesecake said:

Do you have Kopernicus and Modular Flight integrator (bundled with Kopernicus)? With this 2 mods ist works. I have a working Savegame in 1.6 with Sigma Dimensions.

Yep, I have Kopernicus and MFI, both updated for 1.5 (I don't play in 1.6). Perhaps if it's of any interest, I'm using the latest dev branch of SD, updated a month ago.

9 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Then you should use a version for 1.5.x because the newest SD is for 1.6.x

Ahahah, the mod now works perfectly, and I have absolutely no idea why I didn't think of doing this in the first place - thank you very much for all your help, and I apollogise for wasting your time with my lack of common sense.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.