NASA Human Landing System

tater

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Thanks - this explains the reference.  I am unfamiliar with the controversy.  Why would Boeing object to a depot?  Shared resource?  Profit motivation? 

I'm clearly missing something 

Probably because an orbital propellant depot would likely completely obviate things like SLS, and without that they wouldn't be able to harvest that sweet, sweet government pork.

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Thanks - this explains the reference.  I am unfamiliar with the controversy.  Why would Boeing object to a depot?  Shared resource?  Profit motivation? 

I'm clearly missing something 

Orbital depot = SLS is completely useless

12 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Their slow pace is probably more of a factor in obsoleting them than that. 

They should have launched the 'off the shelf' 'existing infrastructure' project in 2017 (leaving SX to play catch up).

From further up the tweet chain:

Edited by Rakaydos

Either that or they’ll seek leave to amend their pleadings way after any applicable deadline and then complain that the court is being arbitrary, capricious, and abusing their discretion by not letting them do it.

Not actual lawyer so the above faux legal terminology might be complete guff but hopefully you get the idea.

Edited by KSK

On 9/22/2021 at 12:26 PM, KSK said:

Either that or they’ll seek leave to amend their pleadings way after any applicable deadline and then complain that the court is being arbitrary, capricious, and abusing their discretion by not letting them do it.

Not actual lawyer so the above faux legal terminology might be complete guff but hopefully you get the idea.

No, you're absolutely right.

This lawsuit is complete nonsense. Like the whole Kraken.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.