KSP Loading...KSP Enhanced Edition is getting some love

SQUAD

2 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Objection Your Honour!

Most P4s are smoking compared to the Atom N2600 in my HP Mini 110 Netbook ...

(Which, to be fair, can't run KSP)

haha..no offense but I think my rice cooker outperforms most Atom machines...  :P    (which also won't run KSP)

Edited by Tyko

9 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

HP Mini 110 Netbook ...

I have one of those. I think mine has the N450 CPU, though it's not here to check.
And yes, it's slower than a P4, but likely only because of it's low clock speed. If I had a 1.6Ghz prescott to compare it to, I suspect it would be pretty close.

2 hours ago, LandoNOTcalrisian said:

I really hope they do some sort of delta V totals in the enhanced edition like kerbal engineer mod on PC. Definitely a nessecity. 

Hi, welcome on board!

Delta V calculations have just been added to stock on the PC/Mac/Linux version, so there's a hope that it could come to consoles in some future version. I don't have any inside information on that, though.

They've said no to the burn time indicator additions from 1.5 being included, so the good money is no deltaV calculator in the upcoming update. 

That's certainly just a guess from me, to be sure.

Edited by klesh
spelling

11 hours ago, Deddly said:

Hi, welcome on board!

Delta V calculations have just been added to stock on the PC/Mac/Linux version, so there's a hope that it could come to consoles in some future version. I don't have any inside information on that, though.

Any news on a release date for the console update? And/or DLC.?  I really hope its soon, i freaking love this game. I wish they updated it more often. 

1 hour ago, LandoNOTcalrisian said:

Any news on a release date for the console update? And/or DLC.?  I really hope its soon, i freaking love this game. I wish they updated it more often. 

Not yet

13 hours ago, Deddly said:

Hi, welcome on board!

Do you know when the newsletter will be coming out I messaged one of the devs and they said there will be a lot of info in the newsletter coming out. I'm not on here too much so I don't know about too much about what happens. Thanks

3 hours ago, sicko kerman said:

Do you know when the newsletter will be coming out I messaged one of the devs and they said there will be a lot of info in the newsletter coming out. I'm not on here too much so I don't know about too much about what happens. Thanks

They come out sporadically every couple of weeks, so the only thing we can do is wait, sorry! 

About a Launchsite on the Mun, Squad could start by revamping the tech tree so you begin with unmanned crafts only, at least in career mode. The untra ending goal of the stock tech tree would be to install a permanent base on the Mun with a launch site of limited capability. That would requite some revamping of the contract system as well as it could become available by both fullfilling a contract and unlocking a tech node. That would make things more interesting than just unlocking tech nodes with science. Science is good but real actions are as well.

Having a suite of mission contracts to set up a base of your design at a certain designated place on the Mun could enable the tech tree to unlock a launchsite.  So for enabling a launch site you'd have to do several missions to fullfill and hadfull of contracts from the Krbin scientific society or something like that.

For Science mode, make it a cheat menu option.

For Sand box, well this is sand box, the mode where you can already do what you want, test things so that's fine.

1 hour ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

About a Launchsite on the Mun, Squad could start by revamping the tech tree so you begin with unmanned crafts only, at least in career mode. The untra ending goal of the stock tech tree would be to install a permanent base on the Mun with a launch site of limited capability. That would requite some revamping of the contract system as well as it could become available by both fullfilling a contract and unlocking a tech node. That would make things more interesting than just unlocking tech nodes with science. Science is good but real actions are as well.

Having a suite of mission contracts to set up a base of your design at a certain designated place on the Mun could enable the tech tree to unlock a launchsite.  So for enabling a launch site you'd have to do several missions to fullfill and hadfull of contracts from the Krbin scientific society or something like that.

For Science mode, make it a cheat menu option.

For Sand box, well this is sand box, the mode where you can already do what you want, test things so that's fine.

I'd love to see that. In order to accomplish this Squad would need to make quite a number of changes. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

• Rebuild the tech tree
  • Add in new parts for colonization and launch site construction
  • All the parts will either have to be landed or built on site, which would require in situ manufacturing and assembly. You could probably hand-wave this by having a 3D printer part and assume colonists assemble it. Time to build and assemble could be limited by availability of resources and number of colonists present.
  • Fix once and for all the bugs for landed vehicles so your hab doesn't bounce or shimmy or vibrate around on the surface :)

If they're able to accomplish all that I'd be really excited. This is far cooler than just having a launch pad magically appear on the mun on which craft are magically transported.

1 hour ago, ThazZ189 said:

OH look, March 21st and no update for my so called KSP "enhanced edition" on ps4, Shocking....  and yet you want me to pay money for the dlc too? good job guys. good job...

The developers are delaying it to fix some issues to release a better update. Would you complain about bugs in the update if it got it's 21st release too?

How about actually communicating that and let people who have a completely BROKEN product know instead of leaving us with nothing after paying for an entirely broken first release anyways. *clap clap clap*  If i could get a refund i would.

13 minutes ago, ThazZ189 said:

How about actually communicating that and let people who have a completely BROKEN product know

They did let us know ^_^

On 3/21/2019 at 8:55 AM, UomoCapra said:

We have experienced some technical issues with the release of the History and Parts Pack DLC for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition and the free content update for both PS4 and Xbox One. These issues would have hindered our players’ experience, so we have decided to hold back this release until they can be addressed.

• 10 months later...