Any mods for Opportunity Rover models?

ZooNamedGames

The easter egg is Curiosity's ChemCam instrument. If that is the rover you are referring to ("late Oppy"), there is this one that you find quite easily on google :

If you seek a bit of fun beyond accurate recreation, there is a really well made and fun to play ChemCam within in Tarsier Space Technology. It adds experiment and you get to actually aim the cam. (And there also are decently awesome telescopes, btw)

1 hour ago, PunkyFickle said:

The easter egg is Curiosity's ChemCam instrument. If that is the rover you are referring to ("late Oppy"), there is this one that you find quite easily on google :

If you seek a bit of fun beyond accurate recreation, there is a really well made and fun to play ChemCam within in Tarsier Space Technology. It adds experiment and you get to actually aim the cam. (And there also are decently awesome telescopes, btw)

Oppy is referring to the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity which has just ceased functioning, hence why it's now the late rover Opportunity.

I am aware of the chem cam easter egg but I'm more interested in a complete model that can rove and whatnot.

6 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Oppy is referring to the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity which has just ceased functioning, hence why it's now the late rover Opportunity.

I am aware of the chem cam easter egg but I'm more interested in a complete model that can rove and whatnot.

The Easter egg definitely belongs to Curiosity (the distinctly shaped "ChemCam", see below) and I didn't know that "late" could refer to someone no longer alive and thus interpreted it as "the latest rover" or something like that. So my bad on this end. Regarding a precisely recreated model mod, I am afraid I don't have anything up my sleeve for you, but there are a couple of what looks like a really decent stock recreations on KerbalX : https://kerbalx.com/CoyoteFoxtrot/SpiritOpportunity-Rover-+-Delta-II.

Spoiler

Opportunity :

Opportunity-rover-FEA.jpg

Curiosity :

mars-rover_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyL

Easter egg :

Jon1R.png

10 hours ago, PunkyFickle said:

The Easter egg definitely belongs to Curiosity (the distinctly shaped "ChemCam", see below) and I didn't know that "late" could refer to someone no longer alive and thus interpreted it as "the latest rover" or something like that. So my bad on this end. Regarding a precisely recreated model mod, I am afraid I don't have anything up my sleeve for you, but there are a couple of what looks like a really decent stock recreations on KerbalX : https://kerbalx.com/CoyoteFoxtrot/SpiritOpportunity-Rover-+-Delta-II.

Hide contents

Opportunity :

Opportunity-rover-FEA.jpg

Curiosity :

mars-rover_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyL

Easter egg :

Jon1R.png

Disappointing. Maybe I can find a mod maker who'd be interested in helping, or find an existing model and port it into KSP.

19 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Disappointing. Maybe I can find a mod maker who'd be interested in helping, or find an existing model and port it into KSP.

@akron has mentioned eventually getting to MER and MSL in his pack Probes Plus!, but it's a long way down the line by all accounts. The most difficult bit seems to be the rocker-bogie suspension, which is difficult to achieve in KSP

220px-Rocker_bogie.gif

1 minute ago, TheRedTom said:

@akron has mentioned eventually getting to MER and MSL in his pack Probes Plus!, but it's a long way down the line by all accounts. The most difficult bit seems to be the rocker-bogie suspension, which is difficult to achieve in KSP

220px-Rocker_bogie.gif

Thankfully MER doesn't have that. It's a problem with Curiosity, not Opportunity.

8 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

Unfortunately, all American rovers since Sojourner have the same system

ick. Well I'm not too horribly concerned about it myself. I'd rather have a HQ model, than one that operates the same.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.