[1.9.x] LightsOut Relit

linuxgurugamer

Great mod for working with lighting.  Originally written by @nodrog6 (original thread here), was maintained by @RealGecko for a while.

Adopted by Linuxgurugamer.  

Thanks to github user @kujuman, who had updated it (but it still had a problem with the lighting), I have been able to restore full functionality to it.

Add day and night modes to the VAB and SPH! Turn off the lights in the editors! Works at all upgrade levels!

LightsOut takes the existing VAB and SPH assets and modifies them to emulate a day and night mode in the VAB and SPH. It's designed to help with testing your craft's lighting without having to launch and then time warp to night

cIYWFXZ.png

NOTE: This mod is an early beta. I'm still working out all of the kinks. Any feedback is extremely helpful and welcome. Enjoy!

Hotkeys:

• L - Toggle day/night mode and all part lights
  • U - Toggle all part lights

Dependency

• Requires ToolbarController

Availability

Now available in CKAN

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 9/27/2018 at 4:56 PM, Fraktal said:

I just wish I knew how to disable the damn hotkey

I agree.

A previous version was toggling day/night when I wrote a vessel's name or searched parts
Could your ClickThrouthBlocker fix that? Or just an option for disabling hotkey. Or disable hotkeys by default.  

Edited by flart

[ Hi! ]

You forgot to setup the dependency for Toolbar control on the AssemblyInfo file.

Anyone having problems to run this , try installing ToobarControl to see if it fixes it.

Edited by Lisias
Being a bit less sas-mohole, now that I'm not in a hurry due working-time. =P

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.2.3.2

• Fixed check for input fields, so that the keys aren't active if any of the input fields (search, ship name, ship description) are active

Hi LGG,

I don't know if this belongs here or Click Through Blocker, but I am posting it here as this is where I noticed it. When in the VAB and typing in the "Configure Vessel Naming" dialog, pressing "P" activates and deactivates "Lights Out". 

Stock install with no mods except this one and its dependencies.

Logs here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zLsSkI1W-EtZfymGAw

2 minutes ago, eightiesboi said:

Hi LGG,

I don't know if this belongs here or Click Through Blocker, but I am posting it here as this is where I noticed it. When in the VAB and typing in the "Configure Vessel Naming" dialog, pressing "P" activates and deactivates "Lights Out". 

Stock install with no mods except this one and its dependencies.

Logs here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zLsSkI1W-EtZfymGAw

Nothing can be done.  That's because it's a stock dialog, the ClickThroughblocker only works with mods

I'll keep it in mind when 1.7 drops

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file, please

[ERR 10:27:51.240] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ToolbarControl, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:27:51.240] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: ToolbarControl, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:27:51.250] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'LightsOut': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'LightsOut.LightsOut' from assembly 'LightsOut, Version=0.2.3.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[LOG 10:27:57.806] KSP-AVC -> D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\LightsOut\LightsOut.version
    NAME: Lights Out
    URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/LightsOut/master/GameData/LightsOut/LightsOut.version
    DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LightsOut/releases
    GITHUB: linuxgurugamer/LightsOut
        LatestRelease: NULL
        AllowPreRelease: False
    DISALLOW_VERSION_OVERRIDE: False
    VERSION: 0.2.3.3
    KSP_VERSION: 1.3.1
    KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.4.5
    KSP_VERSION_MAX: NULL
    CompatibleKspVersion: False
    CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
    CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
    CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

[ERR 10:29:44.982] [ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading LightsOut, Version=0.2.3.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:30:04.935] MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading LightsOut, Version=0.2.3.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 10:32:28.373] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator+<GetAllTypes>d__31`1[ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory].MoveNext ()
    Rethrow as Exception: Error loading types from assembly LightsOut, Version=0.2.3.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
    ContractConfigurator.<GetAllTypes>d__31`1:MoveNext()
    System.Linq.<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1:MoveNext()
    ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:RegisterParameterFactories()
    ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:PSystemReady()
    EventVoid:Fire()
    <Start>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

hmm maybe it's ToolBar Controller?

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, I asked for the log file, not a snippit.  Posting a snippit is fine, but there is other information in the log file which is useful.

Second, in this specific case, i can say that you are missing a dependency, the unBlur mod

Yeah, was looking for a good text file sharing site when you posted that ...

but ... 

Dependency

May want to add that Toolbar requires it :P

Didn't reaize ToolbarController now had dependencies hehe ... I just downloaded it willy nilly from my list of old mods when I started playing again

Edited by Mordrehl

3 minutes ago, Mordrehl said:

Yeah, was looking for a good text file sharing site when you posted that ...

but ... 

Dependency

May want to add that Toolbar requires it :P

Didn't reaize ToolbarController now had dependencies hehe ... I just downloaded it willy nilly from my list of old mods when I started playing again

The dependency is actually going to be removed in a few days when I release an update.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The dependency is actually going to be removed in a few days when I release an update.

Always an adventure coming back from a 6 month hiatus and figuring out old mods ... sadly, there's a small handful that don't seem to be supported anymore

1 hour ago, Mordrehl said:

a few by NecroBones ... Colorful Fuel Lines, Tanks and the Spacey one ... Spacey still seems to be working fine though.

The fuel line was changed recently, no wonder it doesn't work.

SpaceY works fine, except for the vernior, I posted a fix in the forum for that.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The fuel line was changed recently, no wonder it doesn't work.

SpaceY works fine, except for the vernior, I posted a fix in the forum for that.

Yeah, saw that ... haven't patched it yet as I didn't use the Vernior 

6 hours ago, Mordrehl said:

Yeah, saw that ... haven't patched it yet as I didn't use the Vernior 

Regarding the Colorful Fuel Lines, replace the contents of the file:

ColorFuelLines-MM.cfg with the following:

@PART[fuelLine]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch] = FStextureSwitch2
		name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = InterstellarTextureSwitch2
		textureNames = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/fuelLine/FTX-2 External Fuel Duct;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineWhite;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGrey;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlack;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGreen;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlue;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLinePurple;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineRed;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineOrange
		textureDisplayNames = Yellow;White;Grey;Black;Green;Blue;Purple;Red;Orange
		//objectNames = model;fuelLine;anchor;obj_line;obj_anchorCap;obj_targetCap;obj_targetAnchor
		objectNames = obj_line_pivot;obj_anchorCap_pivot;anchor-Pivot;obj_targetAnchor-Pivot;obj_targetCap-Pivot
		nextButtonText = Next Color
		prevButtonText = Previous Color
		statusText = Current Color
	}

}

Just tested it and it work.

• 1 month later...

I think I may have encountered some sort of bug/issue. When loading into the VAB my game hangs on the loading screen. This does not happen with the SPH and I am able to go to the SPH and hit the switch editor button to get to the VAB. However if I try to exit the VAB the subsequent loading screen again hangs and will not proceed.

I removed this mod and have not had any similar recurances. I think I recently updated it via a prompt in CKAN and it was fine before.

Hope this helps! Hoping to get the mod back up and running soon!

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Is there any way to Remove Hot Key, I use Precise Editor and "P" is used for opening that and there is no way to change it in precise editor. I figured that would also solve typing"P" in description issue in which I read a couple post up. I'm not opposed to just clicking Icon.

Thanks for all your hard work on keeping these mods alive.

Edited by Rocket88

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.