fontsize in 4k

Morning, I use a 40" 4k screen.

but the Font size in map view is very small I have to use a magnifying glass to read it.

I no there is a ui change option but that does not effect map text details.

I am willing to use mods if necessary!

As a side note I did try to search the forum but it found no results other than referring to SIZE of objects. Then started crashing the Browser!!!!

Cheers for any help.

Oh dear this looks like a bad topic Sorry.

Having done more research NOT via this forum, But Google. It pointed me towards Redit.

Ok I have Spent A Lot of money on this system I.e. Over 2000 Quid on the monitor alone. So I would like to use it in it's Primary Resolution i.e. 4k. That is 3840 x 2160.

Now Since the release of these very High Resolution Monitors It appears that Developers have been struggling with Rendering Font and there sizes. So Squad are not the only one's.

One suggestion was to goto the next Resolution down. Indeed that does work sort of but to be honest there are other issues with that.

Another Suggestion was to turn AA (anti aliasing) Off. This does make the Font slightly Easier to read but still it is too small.

Now from a programming point of view this must be a problem or they, that is all these developers would have fixed it by NOW?

So my modified question is have Squad got a problem with this or indeed is a fix on way ?

I am only asking <HUGE GRIN>

@Lankspace

The only workaround I can think of is installing Kerbal Engineer Redux (or mechjeb apparently - but I have no experience with it) as the information windows on KER can be rescaled by opening a parameter (Orbit {ORBT} is the default for Ap Pe info), clicking edit, select category: miscellaneous, scroll to GUI size adjuster and click install.  You should see some left/right arrows at the bottom of the data box that will rescale the KER UI.  Using the same edit function you can add Ap and Pe data to any of the presets (I add them to vessel {VSL} so I get Dv and orbital parameters in the same window).

The problem with this is you either need an engineer on board or a fully upgraded tracking station to get the KER data.

Edited by James Kerman
grammar and more information

Now having gone even deeper in to this. What I can do with is a means of pulling up an information box on anything in the Map.

So the detail:

Map display of say a a target ship and the Player ship. I require to look at the target ship data while in my ship. So I can see How far away it is it current Orbit status say!

So move mouse over object in the map other than it give a Yellow bit of text which is VERY SMALL. Is there a mod that would bring a box on screen Like the info boxes say Like Mechjeb does.

In fact does this already exist?  blimey it years since i did any programming maybe I need to do it myself. I am used to Assembler / machine code, Forth, Basic, and some High level database stuff, But I am 20 years behind the times.

Sorry Mr. Moderator this now should be in a request MOD section. <Grin>

3 hours ago, Lankspace said:

What I can do with is a means of pulling up an information box on anything in the Map.

Kerbal Engineer Redux does and mechjeb should have all the information you need.

Using KER, select your target, either a vessel or planet/moon and click on the RDZV (rendezvous) tab.  You should see all the parameters including distance, target Ap/Pe, time to An/Dn, best time for transfer and relative inclination.  It's a really useful tool that lets you stay in the flight screen but still have all the data displayed.

Other functions I use include Surface data to give me the ground angle and accurate altitude when landing and heat data when I'm aerobraking or mining.  You should be able to get just about anything you need on the flight screen with either of these mods.

Edited by James Kerman
Added more info

6 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Kerbal Engineer Redux does and mechjeb should have all the information you need.

Using KER, select your target, either a vessel or planet/moon and click on the RDZV (rendezvous) tab.  You should see all the parameters including distance, target Ap/Pe, time to An/Dn, best time for transfer and relative inclination.  It's a really useful tool that lets you stay in the flight screen but still have all the data displayed.

Ok that is Do I have to have an Engineer of a set grade on board ?

Sorry if I sound thick these 64 yr old brain cells get screwed up:wacko:

Tried KER when 1st loaded KSP but it would not work. I got Mecjeb and that is great.

Edited by Lankspace

2 minutes ago, Lankspace said:

Ok that is Do I have to have an Engineer of a set grade on board ?

Any level of engineer will do, upgrading the tracking station to level 3 will give you the KER data on any vessel, including probes and even without an engineer on manned missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.