Do you know what Advanced Tweakables are?

klesh

Advanced Tweakables in KSP  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know what Advanced Tweakables are in Kerbal Space Program?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care / banana option

Hello,

Tweakables were added to the game on December 17th, 2013 and are on by default. Advanced tweakables were added on October 11, 2016 and are off by default.

To this day, I consistently read posts by KSP players that do not know that Advanced Tweakables exist let alone the benefits of having them on.  I wonder, do you know what they are?

Oui.

You're probably going to see veteran players over-represented in this poll, though, so your statistics will be off.

Unfortunately, like many games this complicated, things will slip through the cracks for new players as the game attempts to gently feed them with a fire hose, instead of the entire city's water output at once.

3 minutes ago, Starman4308 said:

You're probably going to see veteran players over-represented in this poll, though, so your statistics will be off.

The statistics will be off on any poll on a forum like this.  We represent a TINY fraction of the KSP playerbase.  Fortunately, statistical significance is out the door because I am merely curious and do not plan to use this data in a scientific way.  ;)

11 minutes ago, Starman4308 said:

like many games this complicated, things will slip through the cracks for veteran players

FYP for ya....  :D       I'm always reading about new techniques or controls that I had no idea existed.   Quiet a few "Huh, that's what that does" moments.   So for AT's slipping though, I know I've read some threads that vets had no idea what they did.  

1 hour ago, RizzoTheRat said:

but I'm not sure what else is included as I always have it turned on these days. 

RCS tweaks - disabling RCS for rotation and leaving it on for translation. Great for docking small craft. Although the massive tankers I've been building need full RCS if you don't want to measure rotation acceleration rate with a calendar

Edited by StrandedonEarth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.