Steam Transfer and DLC?

Burnsy5

I haven't played in forever but I bought the game a very long time ago, in beta if I recall.  Anyway I logged into the site and saw there is an option to transfer to steam.  I did that successfully but on the DLC on the site, it shows I own it and and download it but there is no transfer to steam button for the DLC.  How do I transfer the DLC?  Do I have to buy it from steam if I want it on steam, even if I already have access to it?

If you purchased the game from the KSP website, there was a window within which you could have transferred it to Steam, but that window has long closed.

By “DLC” do you mean the main game you purchased at the time, or that you recently also purchased the “Making History” expansion?

By the way, you’re missing absolutely nothing not having it on Steam. Just a different launcher, if you use a launcher at all.

1 hour ago, pincushionman said:

If you purchased the game from the KSP website, there was a window within which you could have transferred it to Steam, but that window has long closed.

By “DLC” do you mean the main game you purchased at the time, or that you recently also purchased the “Making History” expansion?

By the way, you’re missing absolutely nothing not having it on Steam. Just a different launcher, if you use a launcher at all.

I logged into the website tonight and went to my account.  Next to the main game were two buttons.  Download, and transfer.  I clicked transfer, it told me this was a one time, one way street deal to transfer the game to steam, I agreed.  It gave me a steam key, which I activated in steam and I now have KSP in my steam library.  The download button and the transfer button on the website for the game are now gone.  So that went fine.

On the same page, on the website, below where I had download or transfer for the main game, there is the "Making history" DLC, which I also own.  Apparently because I bought KSP back in the day, I got it for free.  Next to it, it has a download button, no transfer button though.  So now I have my copy of KSP in steam, but cannot transfer my DLC to steam.  The DLC is available on steam for $15 but I already own it via the website.

So I need to do that same thing I did for the game, to the DLC.  Transfer it to steam but there is no button to do so.

Edited by Burnsy5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.