Can my laptop run ksp?

I have checked various websites which supposedly tell you what games you can run, but I was just wondering if I would be able to run ksp with these specs on my laptop

- Intel core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.8GHz

- Intel UHD Graphics 620 

- 8GB Ram

- Windows 10

- 256GB SSD

I am using a 1920x1080 resolution but I am happy to change it to 720x1200 if it increases performance. I am happy to play on low graphics as well.

Would I be able to run ksp with these specs? and what kind of frame rates could I expect. Im also wondering how big complex ships would effect performance.

Im not a computer expert so if I have forgotten some important specs please let me know

Thanks everyone.

It can run the game. Those newer CPUs now all have more cores and have to run at a lower base clock speed so they can still keep the same heat target as the older dual core chips. So like with all notebooks the real question is if the cooling system of your particular machine is able to dissipate the additional heat that is generated when running at higher speeds than the base level.

20 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

It can run the game. Those newer CPUs now all have more cores and have to run at a lower base clock speed so they can still keep the same heat target as the older dual core chips. So like with all notebooks the real question is if the cooling system of your particular machine is able to dissipate the additional heat that is generated when running at higher speeds than the base level.

Thanks for that. I bought the laptop about two months ago brand new. It’s called a modern pc I believe. 

What kinds of frame rates do you think I could expect? Would I be able to make bigger ships with somewhat decent frames?

Edited by Janosey

6 hours ago, Janosey said:

I bought the laptop about two months ago brand new. It’s called a modern pc I believe.

If you want to find useful information about your system you really have to look up the brand and model number. And "new" doesn't mean it's good. Especially Lenovo churns out new cheap half-baked consumer hardware every couple of months.

With heavily reduced graphics on 1280x720 I get about 30-40 fps on my old office laptop from early 2014. But they all suffered from anemic CPUs and even more anemic cooling systems back then.

I have a glorified word-processor I bought 2 years ago for $400 new out of the box.  It has a 2 gig AMD A8 processor and only 2 gig of ram, and no dedicated graphics card.  A large complex rocket can give me 2-3 fps at launch and it can take over an hour to get to orbit, and i STILL have fun.  The fun of this game is in the engineering and deployment-to-use, so lower frame rates become (I believe) more tolerable.  Though mind you I am NOT saying I wouldn't enjoy it much more at 30 fprs.

I wrote a long-term mission report for a while and have many mods installed, including EVE (though trimmed), and it was useful for all of that.  I do have to unload the game and re-start after 4-6 hours, as once it loads more than a handful of screens or vessels it slows down in loading new screens a lot.

Edited by GarrisonChisholm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.