Requesting Craft For YT Combat Series

I am interested in starting up a YouTube Series and I’d like to utilize as many and as a wide of a verity of vehicles as possible. 

It’s likely going to be based off of an Ace Combat feel. So there’s that for context.

Anything from radar stations, mobile Missile platforms. Buildings, anything is acceptable.

The only requirements is that it’s stock/MH, and only uses BDAc as far as mods go. 

Thanks! Also I’ll try to give credit for craft where possible.

I've made a Discord server for this!

https://discord.gg/9NWn3g6

Edited by ZooNamedGames

Introduction
This is a fighter built for HB Stratos and servo's competition, and I submit it here too!

VJcchZu.png

This is meant to be a carrier-based 4th gen fighter, with a lot of inspiration from actual aircraft.
link:https://kerbalx.com/Coca992/SkyFox

Description
This well maneuverable fat ass plane uses two overpowered afterburner turbofans to carry the following weapons:
- 1 cluster bomb (from me)
- 4 unguided missiles (from HB Stratos)
- 6 guided missiles (from IMLL1)
It can overpass the speed of sound when you're starting to gain altitude, max speed: 850m/s

I think it fits well as a heavy interceptor for both attack and defense, don't forget that you can change its weapons for all missions needs
personal notes 
During the building phase, I had a lot of fun messing around fairings using some magic to fit all my needs, increasing my skills with fairings. Oh, and I build it without plans, the best way to build things in ksp ;)

Action groups:

ag1: toggle engines
ag2: toggle afterburners
ag9: toggle tail hook
ag10: toggle spoilers

K0R5aNG.pngt

(also a craft of the competition :) )

Arrowhead

link: https://kerbalx.com/Coca992/Arrowhead

Introduction
This plane is a STOL 4.5 gen fighter, equipped with 6 missiles, 2 drop tanks, and even 2 drogue chutes!

ntIgJGX.jpg

Description

Developed at the end of the cold war by 4 countries from Europe, this versatile fighter was meant to be flown in a formation of 5 in a V shape, the goal is to focus the main objectives and destroy them as fast as possible. Sadly, due to the small budget allowed for this aircraft, it doesn't include thrust vectoring at all, relying entirely on its tail fins for its maneuverability. Because of the same reason, it is single-engined. The way the air is collected is completely new: the sidelines are collecting passively the air through really small holes, allowing the craft to be much lighter and a bit more stealthy without those pesky intakes.

Characteristics
This ultra maneuverable delta wing configuration plane uses a single overpowered afterburner turbofan to carry the following weapons:
- 4 HVAR unguided missiles (from HB Stratos)
- 2 Mavericks unguided missiles (from HB Stratos)
It can overpass the speed of sound when you're starting to gain altitude, max speed: 800m/s
     Personal notes
It was pretty fun to build, and ultra fun to fly! If you're afraid of the lag, you can unarm it, dropping to the part count to ~110 parts, making it more maneuverable at the same time!

Personal notes

AG 1: toggle engine

AG 2: toggle afterburner

AG 10: toggle spoilers

Q0SnSNa.jpg

euIxGVN.jpg

Edited by Coca992

2 hours ago, Coca992 said:

Introduction
This is a fighter built for HB Stratos and servo's competition, and I submit it here too!

VJcchZu.png

This is meant to be a carrier-based 4th gen fighter, with a lot of inspiration from actual aircraft.
link:https://kerbalx.com/Coca992/SkyFox

Description
This well maneuverable fat ass plane uses two overpowered afterburner turbofans to carry the following weapons:
- 1 cluster bomb (from me)
- 4 unguided missiles (from HB Stratos)
- 6 guided missiles (from IMLL1)
It can overpass the speed of sound when you're starting to gain altitude, max speed: 850m/s

I think it fits well as a heavy interceptor for both attack and defense, don't forget that you can change its weapons for all missions needs
personal notes 
During the building phase, I had a lot of fun messing around fairings using some magic to fit all my needs, increasing my skills with fairings. Oh, and I build it without plans, the best way to build things in ksp ;)

Action groups:

ag1: toggle engines
ag2: toggle afterburners
ag9: toggle tail hook
ag10: toggle spoilers

K0R5aNG.pngt

(also a craft of the competition :) )

Arrowhead

link: https://kerbalx.com/Coca992/Arrowhead

Introduction
This plane is a STOL 4.5 gen fighter, equipped with 6 missiles, 2 drop tanks, and even 2 drogue chutes!

ntIgJGX.jpg

Description

Developed at the end of the cold war by 4 countries from Europe, this versatile fighter was meant to be flown in a formation of 5 in a V shape, the goal is to focus the main objectives and destroy them as fast as possible. Sadly, due to the small budget allowed for this aircraft, it doesn't include thrust vectoring at all, relying entirely on its tail fins for its maneuverability. Because of the same reason, it is single-engined. The way the air is collected is completely new: the sidelines are collecting passively the air through really small holes, allowing the craft to be much lighter and a bit more stealthy without those pesky intakes.

Characteristics
This ultra maneuverable delta wing configuration plane uses a single overpowered afterburner turbofan to carry the following weapons:
- 4 HVAR unguided missiles (from HB Stratos)
- 2 Mavericks unguided missiles (from HB Stratos)
It can overpass the speed of sound when you're starting to gain altitude, max speed: 800m/s
     Personal notes
It was pretty fun to build, and ultra fun to fly! If you're afraid of the lag, you can unarm it, dropping to the part count to ~110 parts, making it more maneuverable at the same time!

Personal notes

AG 1: toggle engine

AG 2: toggle afterburner

AG 10: toggle spoilers

Q0SnSNa.jpg

euIxGVN.jpg

I'll test them out. I saw your builds in another thread and they are quite good in appearances :) , but let's see how that works when dogfighting! I'll have to drop the stock armament as the combat is run with BDAc, so unless you happen to have a pre-made craft with BDAc weaponry, I'll swap that out.

7 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'll test them out. I saw your builds in another thread and they are quite good in appearances :) , but let's see how that works when dogfighting! I'll have to drop the stock armament as the combat is run with BDAc, so unless you happen to have a pre-made craft with BDAc weaponry, I'll swap that out.

Yeah, drop the weapons, don't worry, you can arm them with bda! 

I've got a truck to show you:

Not armed, but has a comm device

:rolleyes:

https://kerbalx.com/themodefierkerbal/W-Space-Innovations-Combat-Jeep

Action groups:

1: Rear doors

2: Driver and Passenger doors

3: Comm device

4: Imaginary cannon (you can replace that with a BDA gun)SSG3QG0.png

mycraft_sph_full.png

Edited by W-Space-Innovations

I've got two versions of the same plane (KerbalX pending, but if you have interest, I'll oblige).

Meet the Grumman F-28A Alleycat.

xIpk4WC.png

In the mid-1990s, in a series of black conflicts over the Bengal Sea, a hole in the U.S. Navy's fleet defense was discovered. The new and highly maneuverable MiG-28s were superior to the Navy's Front-line Fleet Air Defense Tomcats in the hands of all but the most elite pilots. In response to this threat, the Navy issued an emergency request for proposal for an updated 4.5 generation fighter built upon the existing F-14 Tomcat.

2xHgiEc.png

The result of the competition, Grumman's F-28 is a heavily modified F-14 airframe, swapping the swing wing of the Tomcat for a swept delta configuration. It features innovative leading-edge canards, one-dimensional thrust vectoring, and highly advanced fly-by-wire systems to allow it to take on the new Soviet threat. 

a9LMoCp.png

The wide thrust base and low wing loading allows the Alleycat to be a superb dogfighter, and the armament of 5 AIM-54 Phoenix plus 4 AIM-7 Sparrow means that it doesn't need to be. Additionally, the Alleycat's wings fold inboard of the ailerons, allowing it to stack cleaner than the F-14 could on decks, increasing the number of fleet-defense aircraft in a squadron by two. 

U4CV5Jb.png

The Marine Corps is looking to adapt the YF-28's superb high-alpha and low-speed handling characteristics to allow it to operate from smaller carriers than any before. Test squadrons of three aircraft are currently undergoing sea trials aboard the USS America in the Gulf of Mexico to explore this possibility. YF-28s in this configuration would trade range for engine power, and could be operated as fast ELINT aircraft or to provide air cover much faster than aircraft based on conventional carriers could.

18 minutes ago, Servo said:

I've got two versions of the same plane (KerbalX pending, but if you have interest, I'll oblige).

Meet the Grumman F-28A Alleycat.

xIpk4WC.png

In the mid-1990s, in a series of black conflicts over the Bengal Sea, a hole in the U.S. Navy's fleet defense was discovered. The new and highly maneuverable MiG-28s were superior to the Navy's Front-line Fleet Air Defense Tomcats in the hands of all but the most elite pilots. In response to this threat, the Navy issued an emergency request for proposal for an updated 4.5 generation fighter built upon the existing F-14 Tomcat.

2xHgiEc.png

The result of the competition, Grumman's F-28 is a heavily modified F-14 airframe, swapping the swing wing of the Tomcat for a swept delta configuration. It features innovative leading-edge canards, one-dimensional thrust vectoring, and highly advanced fly-by-wire systems to allow it to take on the new Soviet threat. 

a9LMoCp.png

The wide thrust base and low wing loading allows the Alleycat to be a superb dogfighter, and the armament of 5 AIM-54 Phoenix plus 4 AIM-7 Sparrow means that it doesn't need to be. Additionally, the Alleycat's wings fold inboard of the ailerons, allowing it to stack cleaner than the F-14 could on decks, increasing the number of fleet-defense aircraft in a squadron by two. 

U4CV5Jb.png

The Marine Corps is looking to adapt the YF-28's superb high-alpha and low-speed handling characteristics to allow it to operate from smaller carriers than any before. Test squadrons of three aircraft are currently undergoing sea trials aboard the USS America in the Gulf of Mexico to explore this possibility. YF-28s in this configuration would trade range for engine power, and could be operated as fast ELINT aircraft or to provide air cover much faster than aircraft based on conventional carriers could.

I’m noticing a recurring trait where people use landing gear for aesthetics.

Got a couple of craft to show you

IbHGDFl.jpg

These are a pair of Avro Vulcan replicas, all stock. The one on the left has a single bomb attached underneath it and is the baseline model. The one to the right is the supersonic model, awful fuel efficiency but has been clocked at Mach 3 (990 m/s). Both craft fly like a dream and are super stable in the air. The Vulcan would be a great asset to the fleet of aircraft in a combat series. Ask if you want to see more!

On 2/21/2019 at 8:11 AM, 4472TJ said:

Got a couple of craft to show you

IbHGDFl.jpg

These are a pair of Avro Vulcan replicas, all stock. The one on the left has a single bomb attached underneath it and is the baseline model. The one to the right is the supersonic model, awful fuel efficiency but has been clocked at Mach 3 (990 m/s). Both craft fly like a dream and are super stable in the air. The Vulcan would be a great asset to the fleet of aircraft in a combat series. Ask if you want to see more!

Looks great!

I plan on testing all of these out over the course of the weekend. Thanks!

I’m also accepting ground craft, structures, support aircraft (E-4s, F-117, etc). Wider range of crafts allows me to create a better series.

I'm afraid you'll have to have a bit of a wait for the Vulcans because my computer is dead and I'm waiting for a part for it. It should be there Sunday but I don't think I'll have my computer going by then. 

I do believe that I put the craft on the Steam workshop so you might be able to access it there. Username on Steam is still 4472TJ.

12 hours ago, ShadowGoat said:

Will you accept stock based weaponry? I have quite a few space warships from the old naval battle league.

I can slap on BDAc. BDAc is preferred but stock does make slapping BD on possible (though if you could unarm it or arm it with BDAc yourself, that’d be the best).

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:41 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

anything is acceptable

*Maniacal laughter*
No, seriously... You don't wanna be in the way when my creativity goes off.:P

Part count cap for submitted designs?
Is there some storyline to entice us with, Ace Combat-ish? (I won't judge if it's worse than an AC storyline, but a political war is not a private war is not a skirmish between opposed factions. Each would have very different tools.)

I'm pretty exclusive with my BDA creations, but I welcome you to take a gander at my available KerbalX crafts.
https://kerbalx.com/DarkLion/craft

I see a trend of incoming planes already, so I insist you have a look at my personal favorite ground-pounders, the "Boose" series and modify them to your apparently more malevolent preference. They were not intended for battle, but will be easily retrofit. Remove science, add bludgeon, done.

If you're looking into staging some orbital/interplanetary action, I'd encourage the mounting of torpedoes and killer cannonry upon my "Crazy Eight," and maybe  "LeoComm" could pose as a functional military/spy satellite (and legitimate, over-powered relay.) There's a perfect little spot on back of the LeoComm relays for a tracking/targeting system and dV to get it just about anywhere.

You might enjoy modifying the planes there for your purposes, but TBH, they too, were not designed for combat. Should you use any of them, I'd love to see what you change to improve their versatility. Most have only one job that they do very well. 

There's a few strange ones in there too... but you might use them for something anyway. "Bo" is fun (just try it and see.) The Kustom Krazer is incomplete, but lookin great. I have no idea what sort of series we're talkin about. For all I know, you'll make use of the "Slappy Surfer." :sticktongue: Maybe you could give us a teaser vid or mission statement or cause or something to define the nature of the conflict? 

3 hours ago, ShadowGoat said:

Hey there spartwo! It’s been a while. Also if op wants I can slap some weapons on a few old civilian aircraft I have that would fit this purpose well.

That could work.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:33 AM, Dark Lion said:

*Maniacal laughter*
No, seriously... You don't wanna be in the way when my creativity goes off.:P

Part count cap for submitted designs?
Is there some storyline to entice us with, Ace Combat-ish? (I won't judge if it's worse than an AC storyline, but a political war is not a private war is not a skirmish between opposed factions. Each would have very different tools.)

I'm pretty exclusive with my BDA creations, but I welcome you to take a gander at my available KerbalX crafts.
https://kerbalx.com/DarkLion/craft

I see a trend of incoming planes already, so I insist you have a look at my personal favorite ground-pounders, the "Boose" series and modify them to your apparently more malevolent preference. They were not intended for battle, but will be easily retrofit. Remove science, add bludgeon, done.

If you're looking into staging some orbital/interplanetary action, I'd encourage the mounting of torpedoes and killer cannonry upon my "Crazy Eight," and maybe  "LeoComm" could pose as a functional military/spy satellite (and legitimate, over-powered relay.) There's a perfect little spot on back of the LeoComm relays for a tracking/targeting system and dV to get it just about anywhere.

You might enjoy modifying the planes there for your purposes, but TBH, they too, were not designed for combat. Should you use any of them, I'd love to see what you change to improve their versatility. Most have only one job that they do very well. 

There's a few strange ones in there too... but you might use them for something anyway. "Bo" is fun (just try it and see.) The Kustom Krazer is incomplete, but lookin great. I have no idea what sort of series we're talkin about. For all I know, you'll make use of the "Slappy Surfer." :sticktongue: Maybe you could give us a teaser vid or mission statement or cause or something to define the nature of the conflict? 

Sure shoot me everything you have. Part cap is hoping it'll be lower rather than higher.

20 hours ago, Spartwo said:

I have a fairly wide variety of stuff from a roleplay.

Would need to know what you're looking for though.

I know and I have some of your builds already for that previous reasoning.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:59 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

I’m noticing a recurring trait where people use landing gear for aesthetics.

You can't beat them for looks. They do a number on your crafts CoM and mass, unfortunately.

U5CVcwn.png

The final version of the YF-28 Mini. It's kerbal-scaled, so it should play nicely with the other craft people are submitting: https://kerbalx.com/servo/YF-28

r3ygkLV.png

But if you're not the kind of person who balks at part count and lack of relative performance, here's a 1:1 scale one: https://kerbalx.com/servo/Grumman-YF-28-Alleycat

1 hour ago, Servo said:

You can't beat them for looks. They do a number on your crafts CoM and mass, unfortunately.

U5CVcwn.png

The final version of the YF-28 Mini. It's kerbal-scaled, so it should play nicely with the other craft people are submitting: https://kerbalx.com/servo/YF-28

r3ygkLV.png

But if you're not the kind of person who balks at part count and lack of relative performance, here's a 1:1 scale one: https://kerbalx.com/servo/Grumman-YF-28-Alleycat

I mostly want lower part count crafts so that the frame rate isn’t terrible. I certainly appreciate the detail work builders like you put in, but it just isn’t practical for a video to have 8+ 300-400+ part count craft flying around fighting. If it had no effect no on game performance, I might just use your higher part count craft but sadly that is not the world we live in.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Sure shoot me everything you have. Part cap is hoping it'll be lower rather than higher.

Yeah, I dropped my KerbalX link for ya. Also worth mentioning that all the crafts on my KerbalX were built on a lower-quality laptop, so they're all low part counts (as I could possibly make them.) I did just get a much better system though, so I'm more inclined to work with you on weapon placement and/or testing, but I'm not inclined to upload those iterations to KerbalX. You're free to use whatever you find fitting and modify them to your preference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.