Requesting Craft For YT Combat Series

Ask and you shall receive. I decided to spend 5 full days building a pack of 22 crafts for this project of yours, and boy was it fun.

Most of the stuff in this pack comes fresh out of the factory as most of the older stuff i tested either didn't work well anymore, or used A+, but there are still some old designs thrown in, tough with some improvements and testing of-course.

So, i hope there will be at-least something worth using in there.

Now, the description for the project your doing gives a lot of room for options, a little too much perhaps, but since you said you where doing something based on the AC series, i was able to narrow the field down and find something to focus on.

I taught that this will likely be mostly air to air combat, so my main focus was creating two similarly equipped air-forces with all the essentials. Basically an Allied air-force, and a Russian one.

I was gonna focus on the bigger stuff (bombers, AWACS and Tanker aircraft's), but, i couldn't help myself, so i threw in some fighters and strike-aircraft as-well.

I also created mobile SAM systems for both sides with all the component needed to make them work.

My aesthetics can be best summarized by "alternate history". A lot of the crafts are pretty closely based on real-life design. I tried to add a bit of my own flair to them to try and make them feel a little more original. Unfortunately that didn't always work, so some of the designs are pretty much straight up replicas.

IMPORTANT STUFF:

1. Yes, the screenshots show paint and decals, but you don't need to worry about them as i have removed every decal before release, and the paint reverts back to stock if DCK is not present.

2. you can do whatever mods/changes you see fit. They maby my creations, but it's your project, so go mad.

3. Missiles, rockets nor bombs have been bound to any action groups, nor have any of the settings on any of the BD-armory stuff changed (other than movement of turrets), as i figured it'd be best to leave that to you.

4. If there's any specific crafts, or craft types you have in mind, be sure to let me know, as i would love to build more of this stuff.

picks of all the crafts in this pack

Spoiler

Allied forces

KTP-740 Jumbo

Spoiler

5EuBfZr.png

kEQwe6W.png

Let's start of with an aircraft you mentioned you'd want (or something like it).

I was originally supposed to leave the mobile command side to the AWACS aircraft's,  but since you mentioned it, and since i have built so many Jumbos in the past, why not.

Fouglas FC-80 (AWACS and Tanker)

Spoiler

QEqZe95.png

ycrgPal.png

1TaxXVO.png

To make this one a little more video friendly, i removed all the fancy detailing to significantly lower the part/count.

The, tanker version is there just for detail, and doesn't really work as refueller.

KHB-70 Valkyrie

Spoiler

08Ph03A.png

ULCEiu6.png

5qAt9HI.png

I was thinking of making another B-52'ish aircraft, but decided to go with the Valkyrie instead as i taught it would be a more interesting and original choice.

Unfortunately the aircraft isn't as nimble nor hyper-sonic as i wanted, but it can still get to a pretty high altitude, and can reach pretty high speeds with some careful flying.

KLB-4050 Vautour

Spoiler

C1ABKWK.png

suNWuLg.png

Decided to add some french aircraft in the mix to add to the variety and because i remember flying a french Mirage fighter in AC-Assault Horizon for PS3.

Decided to also vary the armaments and add some 30mm chain-guns (zero movement of-cource) on the nose instead of the usual 50.cal or Vulcan, and because i felt it would be a little closer to the weapons used in Europian fighters.

KF-2000 Mirage

Spoiler

7B2Zlma.png

Small, nimble and really fun to fly, tough not as heavily armed nor sophisticated as it's US counterparts.

On this one i had to do quite bit of work to get it to be as nimble as it is.

KF-54 LongBow

Spoiler

WUIyRMg.png

AduCgOH.png

The first fighter i made for this pack, and propably still my favorite from this pack.

It's supposed to be a mix of the F-14, F-15 and F-18, but ended up really only having F-14'ish elements in it's design.

KF-10 Thunderbolt

Spoiler

UR6uwBu.png

frCAFbi.png

The Thunderbolt is unfortunately a bit sluggish when it comes to maneuverability, but since it's a ground attack aircraft i taught it's not that big of a problem.

Patriot SAM system

Spoiler

Launcher

Spoiler

80Yp7Jb.png

4bkwpro.png

Built on top of a slightly modded version of the tried and tested KEMMT, so mobility should be pretty good.

Radar/command

Spoiler

27zTWiJ.png

(This pick gives me such a rush of nostalgia)

RfbzHeP.png

(it can handle very tight turn really well...)

XdLX7a4.png

(...but as usual, don't turn too sharp too fast)

These trailer based mobile bases come equipped with a large built in generator to run all the components of the system, a small command center and a radar for locating enemy aircraft to shoot at and for staying in touch with HQ.

To make the trailer follow the truck properly, just press spacebar.

Command/control

Spoiler

Forgot to take any screenshots, sorry.

A small command and control box built on top of a standard KEMMT, that is used for operating the Partiot launcher itself.

Russian forces

Spoiler

KTP-2202 ThunderStreak and KTP-3303 Typhoon

Spoiler

34uWHTJ.png

dBJdC6A.png

m6iN30G.png

The AWACS and tanker aircrafts of the Russian side.

The Typhoon is basically just a modified version of the ThunderStreak with an extended wingspan and more traditional engine layout.

KHB-50-B Vulture

Spoiler

r3XSgJl.png

ZhYuoVr.png

One of my old favorites is back with a few mods and improvements. Basically i tried to improve performance and lower the part-count.

The armament's are a bit odd i know, but my idea when i originally created this way back, was that this one would be a sort of heavy-bomber/gunship hybrid, with a good sized bomb-load and some turrets in the belly.

For a bomber, this one is very nimble, but be careful when pulling up at high speeds.

qwwNxfG.png

KHB-22 Thunderbird

Spoiler

B2rWFsw.png

pv5zva1.png

aPOB4bU.png

A very nimble hyper-sonic high altitude cruise-missile carrying heavy bomber, what more can you ask for.

The missiles can be launched one by one and carry a payload of 6 BD-armory warheads. Weather or not these massive missiles are more destructive that the ones BD-armory provides, i dunno.

KF-29 Falcon

Spoiler

DArh6w5.png

0l13pGy.png

The LongBow's direct counterpart. A pretty bog-standard jet based mainly on the Mig-29.

KF-31 Wolfhound

Spoiler

Again, forgot to take any screenshots, sorry

A bit of a high part-count beast, designed as a more faster and more higher altitude interceptor as the Falcon.

Based (as you might have guessed) on the Mig-31 Foxhound

KF-24 Arrow

Spoiler

v4d49sV.png

CMgV25i.png

A smaller more nimble counterpart to the Thunderbolt.

Russian SAM system

Spoiler

Launcher

Spoiler

AYeD7kR.png

HiT7k5s.png

These Russian counterparts don't have the same mobility as the US ones.

Radar

Spoiler

u4NmRwB.png

A bit of a huge beast with poor mobility. You can drive around the KSC grounds all you like, but i don't think it will get very far off-road, so i suggest you find a good spot and hyper edit it there, or park it next to whatever runway you spawn in.

There is also a version of this with the radar stowed, so you can get some footage of it being on the move as-well.

And like with the command trailer, just press spacebar to detach the trailer so that it can follow the truck properly.

Command/control

Spoiler

NY6Gbld.png

rmqrx4j.png

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2n365p2vpz6qka/KDI stuff.zip?dl=0

Some ideas for improving quality.

Im not the creator of this series, nor do i really know your planning, but i taught id drop these ideas here anyways. I hope they will be useful in some way and will maby spark something.

I was thinking of creating some buildings C&C style, but id much rather suggest you get Kerbal Konstruct and create you bases with that, if it even still works that is.

For example (KNS main naval/air-base that i built myself)

Spoiler

hpW7P8q.png

The naval base section with the huge ship-ramp that would allow a smooth launch of any and all ship-types.

owcrCTN.png

The huge air-base with it's airship-hangars at the back.

UxJc3Pv.png

One of the defense platforms protecting the base.

The big problem would be the fact that KK bases can not be sheared.

Anyways, that's just my suggestion, but i think it would add to the quality of the series quite a bit if there where some proper bases and other military facilities.

Another small addition that i think would add to the quality of the series, would be some separate interior spaces for the kerbals to panic inside in.

This is something i had as an idea for my WWII naval-battle series im planning, where basically with the addition of building like a Fletcher class destroyer, i would also build some rooms from it (Bridge, engine-room, maby some cabins...) as separate crafts and would have them sit on the runway on a special mount that would allow me to rotate them in all directions (needs IR for that). So, for instance if the destroyer got torpedoed and started listing, i could go to one of these rooms and have like a piece of the wall blow up simulating the torpedo hit on the ship, and then i could swap into another room and start tiling it to simulate listing of the ship while also probably pushing it down with some pistons to have the water-level rise (would need to be mounted on some floating platform for that).

For this project i was maby thinking of some separate interiors for the AWACS/Command aircraft, so they could have a staff meeting while the aircraft is "in the air" (no widows on the E-4, so just add some engine noise, and it's pretty perfect).

And also i was planning that i could create some wrecked/sunken ships for my series. And even for a series like this, i think a few plane wrecks could add some bit of extra to the story.

Just a couple of things that could add some little extra trough the magic of editing.

Sorry if this ended up being a bit long, but this project ended up being right up my alley and really got my ides going :D.

Edited by kapteenipirk
Insert Picard facepalm

On 3/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, kapteenipirk said:

Ask and you shall receive. I decided to spend 5 full days building a pack of 22 crafts for this project of yours, and boy was it fun.

Most of the stuff in this pack comes fresh out of the factory as most of the older stuff i tested either didn't work well anymore, or used A+, but there are still some old designs thrown in, tough with some improvements and testing of-course.

So, i hope there will be at-least something worth using in there.

Now, the description for the project your doing gives a lot of room for options, a little too much perhaps, but since you said you where doing something based on the AC series, i was able to narrow the field down and find something to focus on.

I taught that this will likely be mostly air to air combat, so my main focus was creating two similarly equipped air-forces with all the essentials. Basically an Allied air-force, and a Russian one.

I was gonna focus on the bigger stuff (bombers, AWACS and Tanker aircraft's), but, i couldn't help myself, so i threw in some fighters and strike-aircraft as-well.

I also created mobile SAM systems for both sides with all the component needed to make them work.

My aesthetics can be best summarized by "alternate history". A lot of the crafts are pretty closely based on real-life design. I tried to add a bit of my own flair to them to try and make them feel a little more original. Unfortunately that didn't always work, so some of the designs are pretty much straight up replicas.

IMPORTANT STUFF:

1. Yes, the screenshots show paint and decals, but you don't need to worry about them as i have removed every decal before release, and the paint reverts back to stock if DCK is not present.

2. you can do whatever mods/changes you see fit. They maby my creations, but it's your project, so go mad.

3. Missiles, rockets nor bombs have been bound to any action groups, nor have any of the settings on any of the BD-armory stuff changed (other than movement of turrets), as i figured it'd be best to leave that to you.

4. If there's any specific crafts, or craft types you have in mind, be sure to let me know, as i would love to build more of this stuff.

picks of all the crafts in this pack

Reveal hidden contents

Allied forces

KTP-740 Jumbo

Reveal hidden contents

5EuBfZr.png

kEQwe6W.png

Let's start of with an aircraft you mentioned you'd want (or something like it).

I was originally supposed to leave the mobile command side to the AWACS aircraft's,  but since you mentioned it, and since i have built so many Jumbos in the past, why not.

Fouglas FC-80 (AWACS and Tanker)

Reveal hidden contents

QEqZe95.png

ycrgPal.png

1TaxXVO.png

To make this one a little more video friendly, i removed all the fancy detailing to significantly lower the part/count.

The, tanker version is there just for detail, and doesn't really work as refueller.

KHB-70 Valkyrie

Reveal hidden contents

08Ph03A.png

ULCEiu6.png

5qAt9HI.png

I was thinking of making another B-52'ish aircraft, but decided to go with the Valkyrie instead as i taught it would be a more interesting and original choice.

Unfortunately the aircraft isn't as nimble nor hyper-sonic as i wanted, but it can still get to a pretty high altitude, and can reach pretty high speeds with some careful flying.

KLB-4050 Vautour

Reveal hidden contents

C1ABKWK.png

suNWuLg.png

Decided to add some french aircraft in the mix to add to the variety and because i remember flying a french Mirage fighter in AC-Assault Horizon for PS3.

Decided to also vary the armaments and add some 30mm chain-guns (zero movement of-cource) on the nose instead of the usual 50.cal or Vulcan, and because i felt it would be a little closer to the weapons used in Europian fighters.

KF-2000 Mirage

Reveal hidden contents

7B2Zlma.png

Small, nimble and really fun to fly, tough not as heavily armed nor sophisticated as it's US counterparts.

On this one i had to do quite bit of work to get it to be as nimble as it is.

KF-54 LongBow

Reveal hidden contents

WUIyRMg.png

AduCgOH.png

The first fighter i made for this pack, and propably still my favorite from this pack.

It's supposed to be a mix of the F-14, F-15 and F-18, but ended up really only having F-14'ish elements in it's design.

KF-10 Thunderbolt

Reveal hidden contents

UR6uwBu.png

frCAFbi.png

The Thunderbolt is unfortunately a bit sluggish when it comes to maneuverability, but since it's a ground attack aircraft i taught it's not that big of a problem.

Patriot SAM system

Reveal hidden contents

Launcher

Reveal hidden contents

80Yp7Jb.png

4bkwpro.png

Built on top of a slightly modded version of the tried and tested KEMMT, so mobility should be pretty good.

Radar/command

Reveal hidden contents

27zTWiJ.png

(This pick gives me such a rush of nostalgia)

RfbzHeP.png

(it can handle very tight turn really well...)

XdLX7a4.png

(...but as usual, don't turn too sharp too fast)

These trailer based mobile bases come equipped with a large built in generator to run all the components of the system, a small command center and a radar for locating enemy aircraft to shoot at and for staying in touch with HQ.

To make the trailer follow the truck properly, just press spacebar.

Command/control

Reveal hidden contents

Forgot to take any screenshots, sorry.

A small command and control box built on top of a standard KEMMT, that is used for operating the Partiot launcher itself.

Russian forces

Reveal hidden contents

KTP-2202 ThunderStreak and KTP-3303 Typhoon

Reveal hidden contents

34uWHTJ.png

dBJdC6A.png

m6iN30G.png

The AWACS and tanker aircrafts of the Russian side.

The Typhoon is basically just a modified version of the ThunderStreak with an extended wingspan and more traditional engine layout.

KHB-50-B Vulture

Reveal hidden contents

r3XSgJl.png

ZhYuoVr.png

One of my old favorites is back with a few mods and improvements. Basically i tried to improve performance and lower the part-count.

The armament's are a bit odd i know, but my idea when i originally created this way back, was that this one would be a sort of heavy-bomber/gunship hybrid, with a good sized bomb-load and some turrets in the belly.

For a bomber, this one is very nimble, but be careful when pulling up at high speeds.

qwwNxfG.png

KHB-22 Thunderbird

Reveal hidden contents

B2rWFsw.png

pv5zva1.png

aPOB4bU.png

A very nimble hyper-sonic high altitude cruise-missile carrying heavy bomber, what more can you ask for.

The missiles can be launched one by one and carry a payload of 6 BD-armory warheads. Weather or not these massive missiles are more destructive that the ones BD-armory provides, i dunno.

KF-29 Falcon

Reveal hidden contents

DArh6w5.png

0l13pGy.png

The LongBow's direct counterpart. A pretty bog-standard jet based mainly on the Mig-29.

KF-31 Wolfhound

Reveal hidden contents

Again, forgot to take any screenshots, sorry

A bit of a high part-count beast, designed as a more faster and more higher altitude interceptor as the Falcon.

Based (as you might have guessed) on the Mig-31 Foxhound

KF-24 Arrow

Reveal hidden contents

v4d49sV.png

CMgV25i.png

A smaller more nimble counterpart to the Thunderbolt.

Russian SAM system

Reveal hidden contents

Launcher

Reveal hidden contents

AYeD7kR.png

HiT7k5s.png

These Russian counterparts don't have the same mobility as the US ones.

Radar

Reveal hidden contents

u4NmRwB.png

A bit of a huge beast with poor mobility. You can drive around the KSC grounds all you like, but i don't think it will get very far off-road, so i suggest you find a good spot and hyper edit it there, or park it next to whatever runway you spawn in.

There is also a version of this with the radar stowed, so you can get some footage of it being on the move as-well.

And like with the command trailer, just press spacebar to detach the trailer so that it can follow the truck properly.

Command/control

Reveal hidden contents

NY6Gbld.png

rmqrx4j.png

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2n365p2vpz6qka/KDI stuff.zip?dl=0

Some ideas for improving quality.

Im not the creator of this series, nor do i really know your planning, but i taught id drop these ideas here anyways. I hope they will be useful in some way and will maby spark something.

I was thinking of creating some buildings C&C style, but id much rather suggest you get Kerbal Konstruct and create you bases with that, if it even still works that is.

For example (KNS main naval/air-base that i built myself)

Reveal hidden contents

hpW7P8q.png

The naval base section with the huge ship-ramp that would allow a smooth launch of any and all ship-types.

owcrCTN.png

The huge air-base with it's airship-hangars at the back.

UxJc3Pv.png

One of the defense platforms protecting the base.

The big problem would be the fact that KK bases can not be sheared.

Anyways, that's just my suggestion, but i think it would add to the quality of the series quite a bit if there where some proper bases and other military facilities.

Another small addition that i think would add to the quality of the series, would be some separate interior spaces for the kerbals to panic inside in.

This is something i had as an idea for my WWII naval-battle series im planning, where basically with the addition of building like a Fletcher class destroyer, i would also build some rooms from it (Bridge, engine-room, maby some cabins...) as separate crafts and would have them sit on the runway on a special mount that would allow me to rotate them in all directions (needs IR for that). So, for instance if the destroyer got torpedoed and started listing, i could go to one of these rooms and have like a piece of the wall blow up simulating the torpedo hit on the ship, and then i could swap into another room and start tiling it to simulate listing of the ship while also probably pushing it down with some pistons to have the water-level rise (would need to be mounted on some floating platform for that).

For this project i was maby thinking of some separate interiors for the AWACS/Command aircraft, so they could have a staff meeting while the aircraft is "in the air" (no widows on the E-4, so just add some engine noise, and it's pretty perfect).

And also i was planning that i could create some wrecked/sunken ships for my series. And even for a series like this, i think a few plane wrecks could add some bit of extra to the story.

Just a couple of things that could add some little extra trough the magic of editing.

Sorry if this ended up being a bit long, but this project ended up being right up my alley and really got my ides going :D.

tenor.gif?itemid=4517387

Well all of this is certainly above and beyond the call and will leave me with plenty to test out of the next few days! I'll need the craft files though.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

12 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Well all of this is certainly above and beyond the call and will leave me with plenty to test out of the next few days! I'll need the craft files though.

Yeah, i was dumb dumb and forgot to add them the first time around, but there there now, below the spoiler with all the picks in one neat package.

Ok. If anyone has any structures built as craft, that would be great (bunkers, guard towers, radar stations, fuel silos, etc) as combat will include them too.

Right now for those of you curious; I am working on the plot line, establishing nations, their identities, etc along with the story line. Which is made slightly more complicated as I’m allowing the story to shift depending on the outcome of each battle. Obviously I hope it’ll work for the heroes but being BDAc, the AI sometimes doesn’t know any better. 

I’m also taking accepting voice actors who want to voice some of the characters. The requirements are that you need a decent mic and can speak clear English (although accents are acceptable as it gives distinct character traits but not too thick that the sentence spoken is incoherent). I’ll try to write out the script today for what you’ll say if you do apply.

That all said and done, thanks everyone for the submissions! I am so thankful and am eager to get this underway and apologize I’m slow to the punch, school is kicking my butt right now and leaving me with little personal time but I am committed and will see this through. 

3 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Ok. If anyone has any structures built as craft, that would be great (bunkers, guard towers, radar stations, fuel silos, etc) as combat will include them too.

Im sure i could whip those together in no time.

Also I could use boats and submarines. Thanks!

What kind off boats are we talking about, small gunboats/torpedo-boats, frigates, destroyers, or aircraft carriers, as i have been meaning to do some more modern ships (Oliver Hazard Perry, Ticonderoga...that sort of stuff), and this would be a perfect opportunity for that.

As for voice acting, a part of me want's to give it a go as i do now have a more proper microphone.

2 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Im sure i could whip those together in no time.

What kind off boats are we talking about, small gunboats/torpedo-boats, frigates, destroyers, or aircraft carriers, as i have been meaning to do some more modern ships (Oliver Hazard Perry, Ticonderoga...that sort of stuff), and this would be a perfect opportunity for that.

As for voice acting, a part of me want's to give it a go as i do now have a more proper microphone.

All boats are acceptable. From patrol boats/gunboats to full size battleships. All are acceptable. Mind the part count but other than that feel free to experiment.

Once I get the test script I’ll send it to you. Likely through discord once I link the server I’ve been working on.

All boats are acceptable. From patrol boats/gunboats to full size battleships. All are acceptable. Mind the part count but other than that feel free to experiment.

Once I get the test script I’ll send it to you. Likely through discord once I link the server I’ve been working on.

Oh. I have a couple boats on my kerbalX (really only 2), but the one linked is quite part heavy. I'm not sure how many parts is too many parts.... Curious if the one linked is good enough though.

9 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Oh. I have a couple boats on my kerbalX (really only 2), but the one linked is quite part heavy. I'm not sure how many parts is too many parts.... Curious if the one linked is good enough though.

It definitely looks amazing but certainly falls into the waaaay too many parts camp at 1.6k parts. If you make anything new or trim that one down significantly then I'll take a look at it.

28 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

It definitely looks amazing but certainly falls into the waaaay too many parts camp at 1.6k parts. If you make anything new or trim that one down significantly then I'll take a look at it.

Yeah I suspected that. I can see if I can reduce the part count, but it will still be quite high I suspect.

5 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Part-counts for frigates/destroyers will probably be in the 300-400 range, battleships will be in the 600-700 range, and as for aircraft-carriers, somewhere around a 1000 parts and up.

Base building pack

Spoiler

Vertical and horizontal fuel-tanks

SjcfFLp.png

fnhehF4.png

modeled after the lovely explodey fuel-tanks from JC3.

Radar station

CxfUHQn.png

This time inspired by the radar stations in C&C Tiberian dawn/C&C Renegade.

War-factory/repair workshop

C8RFwHA.png

F8NOVZV.png

Perhaps a little too RTS'ish, but maby it might still prove useful.

Barracks

kd6hJfJ.png

Same as the above

ADV guardtower

SLtHbKF.png

A bit like the ADV guardtower in Tiberian dawn, minus the missiles.

AT/AA turrets.

ntm4YeV.png

rXBvkz0.png

Bunker

kWvuvRc.png

Comms-mast

tVKTsMg.png

Cause there has to be at-least one really tall thing that comes crashing down.

Mobile generator

9Sm8GXM.png

I taught that a small power-plant would definitely be way too RTS for this project, so i made a JC3/JC4 style generator instead

Shipping-container

pdr6fJc.png

Cause what would be a game without tons of containers laying around.

I know, some of the stuff may not be entirely relevant to this project, but im a big RTS fan, so i couldn't help myself.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmqw5656w0lmrll/Base building pack.zip?dl=0

As with the other stuff, if there's any other buildings you need, just send me the list and i'll build them for you.

K.S.S Spruance

V09c0CN.png

Before i continue and start making the other ships, there was something i wanted to ask/was wondering.

The ships i make for the KNS project and this one, use bow-thrusters for steering (jet-engines), meaning you need to use action-groups to control the ship, also meaning that the AI (if it even can control ships to begin with), would not be able to control the ship.

So, should i go back and switch the bow-thrusters for some rudders instead. Reason why i don't use rudders in big ships like this, is that it would need TONS of them to match the turn-rate that the engines give...plus, they also stick out quite a bit and have risk of colliding with terrain when driving to the water.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:46 AM, kapteenipirk said:

K.S.S Spruance

V09c0CN.png

Before i continue and start making the other ships, there was something i wanted to ask/was wondering.

The ships i make for the KNS project and this one, use bow-thrusters for steering (jet-engines), meaning you need to use action-groups to control the ship, also meaning that the AI (if it even can control ships to begin with), would not be able to control the ship.

So, should i go back and switch the bow-thrusters for some rudders instead. Reason why i don't use rudders in big ships like this, is that it would need TONS of them to match the turn-rate that the engines give...plus, they also stick out quite a bit and have risk of colliding with terrain when driving to the water.

Amazing ship!!

As to your question, I’d prefer something the AI could handle, but within reason. Enough that it doesn’t risk hitting the sea floor and not too little that it can’t turn.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

Amazing ship!!

As to your question, I’d prefer something the AI could handle, but within reason. Enough that it doesn’t risk hitting the sea floor and not too little that it can’t turn.

So, rudder's it is then. Let's hope a dozen of the biggest elevons (that's how many parts the bow-thrusters eat) will be enough.

Aircraft expansion

Spoiler

KF-11 Tornado

Spoiler

GBB0kVz.png

Ej6joum.png

Not as maneuverable as it's counterparts, but more heavily armed with 8 hardpoints for weapons.

KF-200 Buccaneer

Spoiler

md1RVED.png

xi6AFdI.png

Desided the Buccaneer would look/work a little better with a more custom wing design.

KLB-57 Canberra

Spoiler

sdmvfxU.png

Britains own hyper-sonic highly-maneuverable super-plane.

With a few mods, you can turn it into the low altitude attacker version with cannons underneath the belly and rocket-pods under the wings.

KHB-823 Valiant

Spoiler

joFbCuR.png

Pretty-much your bog-standard heavy-bomber. Perhaps not as amazing as it's Russian counterparts, but it should get the job done.

KTP-11 Guardian Angel

Spoiler

tcXEfCz.png

The air-fleets "Tactical Missile Defence Plane". Equipped with an AWACS radar, chaffs and flares, and a laser on the nose for shooting down missiles.

It should effectively be able to draw and disrupt/shoot down enemy SAM's/AAM's, making an area more safe for other aircraft to arrive and destroy whoever was firing said missiles.

I got the idea for this aircraft from the Rise of the Reds mod for Generals Zero Hour. In that game the the Guardian Angel is an unlockable generals power that allows you to send the plane to circle over an area and confuse/disrupt AA fire/missiles for a short while before it flies away and you have to wait for 4.00-5.00 minutes before you can use it again.

KF-24 Fencer

Spoiler

gM0yiYl.png

yen8kVP.png

KTP- 62 Classic

Spoiler

vJh02jj.png

UuL863f.png

You are probably wonder "hey wait a second...", and you would be correct, i made the Guardian Angel by just lazily modifying the KTP-62 a bit.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/446dgc8q1lk5k5u/KDI stuff II.zip?dl=0

As if there weren't enough planes already.

I felt bad for leaving the Royal Airforce from the original pack, so i made some RAF aircraft for this one. The Fencer was another plane that i wanted to make for the original pack. As for the KTP-62, im making a 1/144 scale German airforce version of the IL-62, so why not make it in KSP as-well...plus, i think there are far too many traditional quad-jets on the pack. The Guardian Angel follows the same lines, i really love using it in Rise of the Reds, so why not.

The same rules apply with this pack, no need to worry about decals and paint, you can do whatever mods/alterations...etc etc.

9 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Aircraft expansion

Reveal hidden contents

KF-11 Tornado

Reveal hidden contents

GBB0kVz.png

Ej6joum.png

Not as maneuverable as it's counterparts, but more heavily armed with 8 hardpoints for weapons.

KF-200 Buccaneer

Reveal hidden contents

md1RVED.png

xi6AFdI.png

Desided the Buccaneer would look/work a little better with a more custom wing design.

KLB-57 Canberra

Reveal hidden contents

sdmvfxU.png

Britains own hyper-sonic highly-maneuverable super-plane.

With a few mods, you can turn it into the low altitude attacker version with cannons underneath the belly and rocket-pods under the wings.

KHB-823 Valiant

Reveal hidden contents

joFbCuR.png

Pretty-much your bog-standard heavy-bomber. Perhaps not as amazing as it's Russian counterparts, but it should get the job done.

KTP-11 Guardian Angel

Reveal hidden contents

tcXEfCz.png

The air-fleets "Tactical Missile Defence Plane". Equipped with an AWACS radar, chaffs and flares, and a laser on the nose for shooting down missiles.

It should effectively be able to draw and disrupt/shoot down enemy SAM's/AAM's, making an area more safe for other aircraft to arrive and destroy whoever was firing said missiles.

I got the idea for this aircraft from the Rise of the Reds mod for Generals Zero Hour. In that game the the Guardian Angel is an unlockable generals power that allows you to send the plane to circle over an area and confuse/disrupt AA fire/missiles for a short while before it flies away and you have to wait for 4.00-5.00 minutes before you can use it again.

KF-24 Fencer

Reveal hidden contents

gM0yiYl.png

yen8kVP.png

KTP- 62 Classic

Reveal hidden contents

vJh02jj.png

UuL863f.png

You are probably wonder "hey wait a second...", and you would be correct, i made the Guardian Angel by just lazily modifying the KTP-62 a bit.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/446dgc8q1lk5k5u/KDI stuff II.zip?dl=0

As if there weren't enough planes already.

I felt bad for leaving the Royal Airforce from the original pack, so i made some RAF aircraft for this one. The Fencer was another plane that i wanted to make for the original pack. As for the KTP-62, im making a 1/144 scale German airforce version of the IL-62, so why not make it in KSP as-well...plus, i think there are far too many traditional quad-jets on the pack. The Guardian Angel follows the same lines, i really love using it in Rise of the Reds, so why not.

The same rules apply with this pack, no need to worry about decals and paint, you can do whatever mods/alterations...etc etc.

Forewarning I am paying more attention to the discord as it’s easiest to monitor but I will check this out. So if you can post to the discord from now on that would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

Allied fleet

Spoiler

K.S.S Nimitz

Spoiler

wNwrBET.png

I had a pretty big roulette inside my head on weather i should make a carrier or not as it would be pretty small (compared to the real thing) and pretty crude in detail.

The size is a bigger problem this time as i didn't have carrier capability in mind when i created the aircraft.

tFWy9Dl.png

tkcMPZN.png

I tried to land on the carrier with the LongBow, but wasn't successful. I have a feeling it can be done, but it's very difficult and precise (it might help to bind the inner flaps as "landing-flaps" and set the brakes to max).

Oh, and btw, land from the rear as the deck on the nose is so fragile it explodes when you touch down.

21aS7TC.png

Trying to save some part's by making the carrier hollow inside. It works pretty well, but it does compromise structural integrity tough.

K.S.S Fissouri

Spoiler

ZIAnCDw.png

Block-II upgrade in this case. I took the old K.S.S Fissouri and gave it better funnels and upgraded comms/targeting systems (and the new AI friendly steering system of-course).

To make a turn in this one, you will need a cup of coffee and some patience as the turn-radius on this one is quite massive.

The last battleship and the last WWII ship still in active service. Armed with all the latest toys the fleet can offer, it will wipe-out everything and anything.

Designed to be very multipurpose.

K.S.S Spruance

Spoiler

V09c0CN.png

(Old pick)

A pretty bog-standard Guided Missile Cruiser cruiser with well balanced armament's with good all-around coverage.

K.S.S Long Beach

Spoiler

B5r1m7y.png

Better armed/equipped alternative to the Spruance. Added more for variety sake.

K.S.S Oliver Hazard Perry

Spoiler

NU0m3ci.png

Designed to have similar weapons/systems as the bigger cruisers.

K.S.S Broadsword

Spoiler

jzEOoj2.png

A small addition from the Royal Navy. Has pretty much the same armaments/systems as the Hazard Perry.

K.S.S Defender II

Spoiler

218TeeV.png

A small patrol-boat designed to be used for AA-defence.

No, i didn't forget to include the Russian fleet, it is still in the making and this is basically just to show progress is being made. And no, i didn't for get the download link either, that will be added once all the ships are done.

I decided not to include any submarines, as those eat a TON of part's and aren't very capable, especially bigger ones. Basically they have very slow speed and minimal fuel.

At first i wanted to focus on just USN ships, but as with the aircraft, i wanted to add a bit of variety by adding ships from other countries, sadly only one this time. I did have ships like the HMS Ark Royal (R 09), the French La Fayette and some JMSDF ships in mind as-well, but considering the allied fleet has 7 ships in already, i taught that let's not get too carried away.

As with the aircraft, you can do any mods you want, the AI/weapon manager stuff hasn't been edited...etc.

Edited by kapteenipirk

12 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Allied fleet

Hide contents

K.S.S Nimitz

Reveal hidden contents

wNwrBET.png

I had a pretty big roulette inside my head on weather i should make a carrier or not as it would be pretty small (compared to the real thing) and pretty crude in detail.

The size is a bigger problem this time as i didn't have carrier capability in mind when i created the aircraft.

tFWy9Dl.png

tkcMPZN.png

I tried to land on the carrier with the LongBow, but wasn't successful. I have a feeling it can be done, but it's very difficult and precise (it might help to bind the inner flaps as "landing-flaps" and set the brakes to max).

Oh, and btw, land from the rear as the deck on the nose is so fragile it explodes when you touch down.

21aS7TC.png

Trying to save some part's by making the carrier hollow inside. It works pretty well, but it does compromise structural integrity tough.

K.S.S Fissouri

Reveal hidden contents

ZIAnCDw.png

Block-II upgrade in this case. I took the old K.S.S Fissouri and gave it better funnels and upgraded comms/targeting systems (and the new AI friendly steering system of-course).

To make a turn in this one, you will need a cup of coffee and some patience as the turn-radius on this one is quite massive.

The last battleship and the last WWII ship still in active service. Armed with all the latest toys the fleet can offer, it will wipe-out everything and anything.

K.S.S Spruance

Reveal hidden contents

V09c0CN.png

(Old pick)

A pretty bog-standard Guided Missile Cruiser cruiser with well balanced armament's with good all-around coverage.

K.S.S Long Beach

Reveal hidden contents

B5r1m7y.png

Better armed/equipped alternative to the Spruance. Added more for variety sake.

K.S.S Oliver Hazard Perry

Reveal hidden contents

NU0m3ci.png

Designed to have similar weapons/systems as the bigger cruisers.

K.S.S Broadsword

Reveal hidden contents

jzEOoj2.png

A small addition from the Royal Navy. Has pretty much the same armaments/systems as the Hazard Perry.

K.S.S Defender II

Reveal hidden contents

218TeeV.png

A small patrol-boat designed to be used for AA-defence.

No, i didn't forget to include the Russian fleet, it is still in the making and this is basically just to show progress is being made. And no, i didn't for get the download link either, that will be added once all the ships are done.

I decided not to include any submarines, as those eat a TON of part's and aren't very capable, especially bigger ones. Basically they have very slow speed and minimal fuel.

At first i wanted to focus on just USN ships, but as with the aircraft, i wanted to add a bit of variety by adding ships from other countries, sadly only one this time. I did have ships like the HMS Ark Royal (R 09), the French La Fayette and some JMSDF ships in mind as-well, but considering the allied fleet has 7 ships in already, i taught that let's not get too carried away.

As with the aircraft, you can do any mods you want, the AI/weapon manager stuff hasn't been edited...etc.

Awesome work, and I'm so glad this hasn't been forgotten. I can't wait to see your Russian fleet. Part counts would be great for all these ships though.

Subs are hard, but if you'll make an aesthetic frame (that can work with BDAc weaponry such as silos and torpedo pods) I'll use mods like Sink Em or whatever it's called and allow it to be a sub that way, if a sub is needed at all.

Ok, remaining things I need-

• Ground Vehicles (MBTs, SAM vehicles, AA gun vehicles)
  • Structures/Buildings (as crafts)- examples;
    • Radar Stations
    • Fuel Silos
    • Oil Rigs
    • Pillbox
    • etc etc

Once I have that, I should be ready to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.