Only 1 Konstruction port per ship/vassel?

buhochileno

Hi guys, 

I playing around with the construction ports that came with USI and I only able to dock one per ship and do the welding, I trying with a design of a space station ring where I need to dock 2 sides in each section using this ports that I want to weld together...

Also notice that if I have more of this docking ports perfectly aligned when the physics start only 1 is "connected" and allow the "welding", the others can show "undock" but they are really not connected, if I undock the only one connected the others are not holding anything...Not like normal docking ports where you know that only 1 will be connected during desing on the VAB but latter when physics start all other correctly aligned docking ports will get dock,...I try the same design with regular ports and that's the behaviour. 

I using KSP 1.5.1 with USI Konstruction that came with Constellation 2018.11.22.01 for KSP 1.5.x

So is that a behaviour of the konstuction ports or an issue?

thanks

Mauricio

This  might be an effect of how Unity "builds" crafts, as a tree structure. In the VAB, you can't connect anything at two points, i.e. a tank attached to two radial decouplers. The only exception is with struts or fuel lines. Once in flight, the other workaround is with multiple docking ports. It's entirely possible the Konstruction ports revert the .craft (definition? structure?) file into that tree structure, not allowing multiple hard connections.

Since the  mod is written by @RoverDude, perhaps he has a better idea of what's going on.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Konstruction port behavior is consistent with stock docking port behavior - i.e. multi-node docking is a super tricky thing.  

I can connect several regular ports of one ship into other ship, can't connect several construction ports of one ship into another...

1 hour ago, buhochileno said:

I can connect several regular ports of one ship into other ship, can't connect several construction ports of one ship into another...

They work and dock exactly the same way, as it is the same part module.  The only difference is Konstruction ports can also go poof.  Also, the forum thread for Konstruction is probably a much better place to get questions answered.

12 hours ago, buhochileno said:

Hi guys, 

I playing around with the construction ports that came with USI and I only able to dock one per ship and do the welding, I trying with a design of a space station ring where I need to dock 2 sides in each section using this ports that I want to weld together...

Also notice that if I have more of this docking ports perfectly aligned when the physics start only 1 is "connected" and allow the "welding", the others can show "undock" but they are really not connected, if I undock the only one connected the others are not holding anything...Not like normal docking ports where you know that only 1 will be connected during desing on the VAB but latter when physics start all other correctly aligned docking ports will get dock,...I try the same design with regular ports and that's the behaviour. 

I using KSP 1.5.1 with USI Konstruction that came with Constellation 2018.11.22.01 for KSP 1.5.x

So is that a behaviour of the konstuction ports or an issue?

thanks

Mauricio

maybe this vid. done using 1.6.1 will help

Jammer_TD

9 hours ago, Starhawk said:

This topic has been moved from Gameplay Questions.

23 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Moved to add-on discussion.

And the identical, cross posted threads have been merged.   Please don't cross post.  It causes confusion, and makes us use the merge command, which is a sketchy proposition at best.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.