Skippy The Munar Kangaroo

Hey Guys!  I haven't been playing KSP very much, but last weekend I got the urge to give this 1.6 a go.  I added Kerbal Alarm Clock and Probes Before Crew (a great mod BTW), and started a career.

I've read all the things that's good about 1.6, and yes I do agree it's a big improvement with the new readouts and the much more accurate burn times, etc.  But unfortunately I must say how bitterly disappointed I am that we still have landers bouncing about on the Mun when I switch to them from the Tracking Station.  Here, say hello to Skippy:

9kuDIMo.pngThis is a simple little lander I cobbled together and sent to the Mun to fulfil a contract to return or transmit science from the surface.  Everything went without any drama, the science was returned and I got my reward for completing the contract.  However when I later tried to switch back to this lander, it immediately jumped several meters above the surface, and promptly fell back down to land on its side.

When I first started playing KSP a very few weeks after 1.2 was released, this was an issue even then, yet here we are, now in 2019 and the developers have yet to resolve what is a danged annoying bug.  I realise they are hammering out new version at a very fast rate, and 1.6 is a big improvement on what has gone before, but surely they could set aside some time to iron out bugs as old as this one which really is most frustrating?

It's seldom I rant about much on the internet, but to see a bug as ancient as this one still present in the game is very disappointing and disheartening. 

4 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

It's seldom I rant about much on the internet, but to see a bug as ancient as this one still present in the game is very disappointing and disheartening. 

Yeah, I would like that to be fixed too.

V 1.6 added some new functions to furthur fine tune the legs. Did you try those?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.