What parts produce these experiments?

Loren Pechtel

[x] Science! is showing "Plant Growth Study" and "Radio Astronomy" and I can't figure out how to do them.

I thought the "K&K Planetary Laboratory" did plant growth and it has a research button, but [x] Science! doesn't think the Plant Growth Study is on the rover.  Likewise, I've tried everything I can find antennaish in the science section and it doesn't think Radio Astronomy is on board.

16 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I agree, but that doesn't change the fact I can't figure out how to do them.

Are you using Nertea's stuff?  There's a plant growth experiment on the greenhouse of the Station Parts Expansion.

The Triple-Z Radio Telescope has a radio astronomy experiment that's actually called 'Radio Astronomy'.

My only other guess on the source is that there may be something in DMagic's Orbital Science, but I'm not familiar enough with it to commit.

Also, depending on how you arrange your install, it's possible that the experiment exists but the parts to perform it do not:  science experiments, their applicable situations, and other bits are stored in a science definitions file that is separate from the part configuration file which tells a science part which experiments to perform.  [x]Science! looks at both, so if you have a vestigial science definitions file somewhere, then it will see that the experiment is possible but will never see the means to perform it on the vessel.

Edited by Zhetaan

21 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I thought the "K&K Planetary Laboratory" did plant growth and it has a research button,

Close - the K&K planetary greenhouse (either automated or manned version) does the plant growth study.  IIRC, it doesn't show up in your parts list unless you have a life support mod installed.

40 minutes ago, Cavscout74 said:

Close - the K&K planetary greenhouse (either automated or manned version) does the plant growth study.  IIRC, it doesn't show up in your parts list unless you have a life support mod installed.

Ok, that explains that.  I do have life support installed, I'll hunt down the right part.

Confirmed, replacing the laboratory with the greenhouse solved that one.

5 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

My only other guess on the source is that there may be something in DMagic's Orbital Science, but I'm not familiar enough with it to commit.

I do have Orbital Science installed, I figured that was probably where it came from but I don't know what part.

Edited by Loren Pechtel

Plant Growth Study

I think you likely have USI life support installed - the Nom-o-matic 5000 is probably the lightest part to produce this science, but there is a few options.  You can (depending on install) find it in the life support tab.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.