It's been 5 years.. What's new?

CDK

Wow. I thought I may never play KSP ever again. But I came across the first ever vid I saw on it by kurtjmac. Those feelings came back to me. I almost completely forget about what "EFC" even was lol. My new mature-er self is getting back into this game ;)
I learned so much from KSP and I also had fun. I was hooked on it for quite a while haha
I'm a freelance graphic designer now and my train of thought has shifted from researching about space to staying up til 2 a.m. doing graphic design for Twitch streamers. My love for space will never be forgotten. I'm coming back, KSP! :) I think what killed it for me (which was my own fault), was getting so many mods and it made it to where I didn't have the thrill of exploring space and getting into orbit anymore. I'm not gonna overwhelm myself with mods this time.

It may be better to check out the version history here: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Version_history

Though the biggies, since early 2014  (in roughly time order)

• Asteroids
  • Career mode with money and contracts.
  • Many many tweaks to the Navball.
  • Kerbals level up and have professions.
  • So do your buildings.
  • Totally new aerodynamics model. Think "FAR lite." Also shock heating and fairings.
  • ISRU. Think "Kethane lite." Radiators because ISRU gets hot. As does the Sun.
  • Lady Kerbals.
  • Communications network. Think "RemoteTech lite."
  • Kerbnet. Think "ScanSat lite."
  • Part variants. Mostly textures but make sure you try the engine variants.
  • Making History DLC. Some hate it. Some love it. I love it.
  • Delta-V information in the VAB and flight.

There, those are the biggies, that I could see.

12 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

• Kerbals level up and have professions.

Does anyone actually pay attention to Kerbal levels? I sure as hell don't. I'll be playing like hardmode career and Jeb will be mastery 5 and I'll kill him off on accident and my friend will be like, "DUDE????"

1 hour ago, PewPewTrash said:

Does anyone actually pay attention to Kerbal levels? I sure as hell don't. I'll be playing like hardmode career and Jeb will be mastery 5 and I'll kill him off on accident and my friend will be like, "DUDE????"

4, and 5? Nope. They're the same as 3.

1, 2, and 3? Yup.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.