I need help here...

Ok, so... I launched a space station core into orbit, then i realized that i forgot to add a crew hatch, and i had by mistake put two kerbals on board. So i would like to ask Matt Lowne to help.

I would like to:
* Have my kerbals back
* Have the station core back for scientific purposes (Use a shuttle for this)

The station VV

I64hXjs.png

I hope @Matt Lowne would help :)

Spoiler

If anyone else would want to help you are allowed as well :)

Edited by B00st3r

Mods list:

Animated decouplers, B9 part switch, CollisonFX updated, Commnet antennas + Extension, Community category kit, Community delta V maps, Community resource pack, Comunity tech tree, contract configurator, Cryoengines and cryotanks,  decalc'o'mania, deployable engines, Distant object enhancement, dynamic battery storage, Easy vessel switch, Stock visual enhancements (Requires EVE to work) Fill it up, IDflags, Janitorscloset, Kerbal atomics, kerbal engineer redux, Kerbal GPS, Kerbaltek, Kopernicus, KSP-AVC, Mechjeb, ModularFlightIntegrator, Nearfutureprops, Reentry particle effect, RemotetechREDEV, Scatterer, smokescreen, Stagerecovery, Stockalike stationparts redux, Trajectories, triggertech and tweakscale. I know i have a load of mods, but i dont care. Also they are REQUIRED for the save to work. Also the game is in 1.6.1

12 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

That thing has a docking port. I assume Matt would suggest you launch a ship with a docking port on it, dock, and transfer the crew that way.

I know, but i would like the whole station back if possible, but i haven't successfully launched a space shuttle yet :/ 

1 hour ago, B00st3r said:

I know, but i would like the whole station back if possible, but i haven't successfully launched a space shuttle yet :/ 

So send up something with a docking port and a bunch of parachutes. I don't know all those parts but if they're anything like most stock parts, they'll re-enter just fine.

And if they won't, send up something heavy with a docking port and a heat shield.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

That thing has a docking port. I assume Matt would suggest you launch a ship with a docking port on it, dock, and transfer the crew that way.

I think Matt Lowne would launch a giant SSTO powered only by Thuds, put the entire station inside a cargo bay, and fly it to Eeloo and back for good measure.  But your way is good too. 

I'd say forget the shuttle. They are extremely difficult to make and fly. Especially if you make their thrust asymmetric.

Fly up a rocket with a docking port on the nose and a lot of parachutes, then deorbit the whole thing. Or a rocket with two docking ports and a detachable section with RCS and the parachutes on it.  Decouple the two pieces and dock the parachutes on the front end of the station, and the rocket on the back end of the station, and deorbit it that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.