Mission and Launch Index

Gargamel

This thread is an attempt to organize all our Space Program Launch and Mission Threads into a single, easily searchable, index.  If you find a thread about a mission or launch, please post a link to the thread here.  I will append it to the list.   This is intended to keep all our pertinent discussions about launches and missions in one thread per topic, to prevent cross posting and discussions being lost to time. 

Launch Threads (Public and Private):

Individual Missions:

Edited by Gargamel
Multiple threads added

Some notes about the Index.

There are two types of threads listed here:

1. General catch all discussion.  These threads, like the SpaceX thread, are mega-threads that are intended for general discussions on a variety of topics.  If they exist, they will be the main header for that topic. 
  2. Topic specific Threads.  These are threads that are about a specific aspect of a mission/launch.  These will be listed under the topic as a subcategory.

I have listed Curiosity right now without any links, proposals for threads would be appreciated.  Since we won't be getting anything new from Opportunity, I've only linked the Eulogy thread, but I can link specific threads as subs if there is a desire from the community. 

If a topic has a couple/few threads on it, and the threads are relatively simple, we can consider merging them into one and listing that one. 

I am also considering adding a "Programs" category to the list.  Stuff like land based Observatories, or upcoming possible projects.  If I get a few nominations, I'll add it. 

One other side note, this is not an official list at all.  It is a community curated and maintained index.  Threads will be added or removed by general consensus of the community.   The initial seed list was just me going back through the last dozen pages of the forum to get some starter links. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 4:19 AM, SRB said:

Very nice list and it should be pinned, however I find it a bit stupid to list payload an launcher on one list as it can be a bit confusing. 
Have payloads one one folder below and have another page for them as some will focus on specific payloads even if secondary 

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, Spaceception said:

I skimmed it over twice to be sure, but ULA isn't here. I noticed when I came here while watching the Smarter Every Day video.

Thanks!   Updated.  And those were some good videos he did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Um, Curiosity is very much alive. Are you thinking Spirit/Opportunity?

Probably.    IIRC there was a reason it was left blank.   Maybe we just didn’t have a thread yet.    I’ll add it soon*.