[STOCK] Arcana Aero-and-Astro Engineering

Fox Arcana

The future of AAAE  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see more of in the future?

• Oddball Wing Designs
    • Long Range Endurance Craft
    • Versatility-based Spaceplanes
    • Combat-Oriented Spaceplanes
    • Land Vehicles
    • Rockets?
    • Other (Please Specify)

2 hours ago, Salmon said:

Something I would like to see more of is EXTREME heavy lift rockets, such as one to get my craft here to Kerbol orbit.

I will put that into consideration.

Meanwhile, I shall apologize for the recent lack of new craft by announcing the release of two rovers (Integrity (left) and Virtue (right), each previously bundled with a separate SSTO from AAAE) and one oddball SSTO (SSTO-11 Twintails, Private spaceplane in the center), all distributed by the Mystic Laboratories division. It's not much, but it's something.

KOjVedm.png

The engineers at Mystic Labs are proud to announce the release of the roving base Expeditioner Duna!

5pQRD4r.png

This behemoth clocks in at 98 parts, houses up to 42 kerbals (excluding cans and cabins repurposed as airlocks), and comes equipped with almost every single piece of science equipment available! Launch and transfer vehicles sold separately.

Edited by Fox Arcana

After the success of Ferrybots Sr. and Jr. and the failures of various Duna SSTOs, AAAE felt like they needed more practice, and, furthermore, an additional means of staying afloat.

iGYXyjx.png

And so Iris, codename Minmus Rex, was built with one mission in mind: Ferry a substantial amount of kerbals to Minmus and back. Luckily, she can easily do just that, though a round trip to the Mun might require slight refueling, if not only excessive aerobraking on the trip home.

Apologies for the content drought in recent days. AAAE was the victim of repossession and were forced to start from the ground up, holding off on the SSTOs until they can catch their tech up to their previous near-sandbox levels of advancement before SSTO development can continue.

In layman's terms, I've been distracted by career mode.

2MxKHLN.png

• 2 weeks later...

JDx2zdy.png

IWXTuc6.png

Tonight sees another release from Mystic Labs - the LV-1R Mustang, an SSTO rocket capable of sending a maximum of at least 36 tons of payload into LKO. This payload capacity can increase further if you don't land it, and even further if you usually just hit terminate instead of deorbiting, but what's the use of an SSTO if it can't get back safely?

Just be sure during landing to fire up the rockets to right yourself once you're around 5000 meters above the ground and land from there.

Also, note that the Mustang finished construction and testing in the 1.7 version, but it should still work in the 1.6.x versions, as it doesn't have the new nose cone (or nose cones if you have the Making History Expansion).

Edited by Fox Arcana

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.