[1.9.x] OSE Workshop Reworked - KIS Addon

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Redacted said:

Sorry there was nothing i read that showed the project had been carried over.

That's because the mod you linked to hasn't been carried over.  It's a completely separate mod, that was built in support of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

2 minutes ago, Redacted said:

Still from the video i just saw, it looks like it has a long way to go. (very unstable)

What video? 

2 hours ago, Redacted said:

Yes i realize as i created mods, meshes and scripts for SC / FA...

Took a look at EPL, seems as if its not been updated in quite a long while. 

If you had bothered to read the OP of the mod you linked to, you would have seen this:

NOTE: New Name, new function. As of 1.0 and the latest Update of EPL, a stock resource adaptation has been added by Taniwha. With that change the need for this mod has passed! :) All parts have been updated to use EPL's new MetalOre resource

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

I downloaded this mod, but when I tried to pull up the print menu on the Advanced Workshop, the game crashed. Do you know what's going on?

I'm sorry, the tin hat I'm wearing prevents me from psychically knowing anything about you, your computer, the game installed on your computer, the log files which are available on the computer, the mods installed on the computer, etc

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could you help me with an issue? Been trying to determine why the part list isn't displaying correctly within the 3D Printer Lab. It shows some parts (mostly the tiny grabbables from Universal Storage) but nothing else. I am playing on v1.7 so I don't know if thats actually supported yet so figured I would ask.

This is what I am seeing in the logs when I open the workshop to try and select a part to create. Lots and Lots of these. Any ideas?

[OSE] - Part USHexcore could not be added to available parts list

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'KISAPIv1.PartUtilsImpl.GetPartVolume'.
  at Workshop.WorkshopUtils.GetPackedPartVolume (.AvailablePart part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.IsValid (.AvailablePart loadedPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadAvailableParts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:LoadAvailableParts()
Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:ContextMenuOpenWorkbench()
BaseEvent:Invoke()
UIPartActionButton:OnClick()
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall:Invoke()
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:Press()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerClickHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[OSE] - Part USOctocore could not be added to available parts list

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'KISAPIv1.PartUtilsImpl.GetPartVolume'.
  at Workshop.WorkshopUtils.GetPackedPartVolume (.AvailablePart part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.IsValid (.AvailablePart loadedPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadAvailableParts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:LoadAvailableParts()
Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:ContextMenuOpenWorkbench()
BaseEvent:Invoke()
UIPartActionButton:OnClick()
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall:Invoke()
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:Press()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerClickHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

EDIT: Both KIS & OSE are the current versions up on CKAN.

Edited by ExavierMacbeth

MM_Workshop.cfg

Spoiler

//Productivity for Extraplanetary Launchpads
@PART[OSE_Workshop]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ELWorkshop
		ProductivityFactor = 5
	}
}

// updated to reflect most recent EL change from EX to EL

// forked and added PR

For the Workshop.cfg, WorkshioAICore.cfg, and WorkshopChemical.cfg

Spoiler

|SimpleConstruction to the list of :NEEDS

Hope you don't mind, put 4 PR's for these fixes/changes on GH.

Fired it up on 1.7 with SimpleConstruction and NotSoSimpleConstruction(NSSC) and worked well. Selection was very limited in what could be fabricated, probably because I was most likely doing something incorrectly or forgetting something. Will re-read directions once I get some sleep.

Did notice two more patches that could be used. [Duct Tape] has a space , so autoadding to all seats is tricky.

Plus [Duct Tape] doesn't stack.

Spoiler

+PART[Duct?Tape]:NEEDS[Workshop]
{
	@name = DuctTape
}

@PART[Duct?Tape]:NEEDS[Workshop]:FINAL
{
	!TechRequired = DELETE
	!entryCost = DELETE
	category = -1
}

// zer0Kerbal

add stacking to [Duct Tape]

Spoiler

@PART[DuctTape]:NEEDS[KIS,Workshop]:FINAL
{
	@description ^= :$: KIS stackable. :
	%MODULE[ModuleKISItem] { %stackable = True }
}

PR submitted - plus one further change to MM_Workshop.cfg - so patch covers all science labs, not just the Large_Crewed_Lab.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 3/28/2019 at 1:03 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm sorry, the tin hat I'm wearing prevents me from psychically knowing anything about you, your computer, the game installed on your computer, the log files which are available on the computer, the mods installed on the computer, etc

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Sorry about not telling you. I haven’t tried use it since then, so it may actually work and I have not checked yet.

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Fired it up on 1.7 with SimpleConstruction and NotSoSimpleConstruction(NSSC) and worked well. Selection was very limited in what could be fabricated, probably because I was most likely doing something incorrectly or forgetting something. Will re-read directions once I get some sleep.

Did notice two more patches that could be used. [Duct Tape] has a space , so autoadding to all seats is tricky.

Plus [Duct Tape] doesn't stack.

Reveal hidden contents

+PART[Duct?Tape]:NEEDS[Workshop]
{
	@name = DuctTape
}

@PART[Duct?Tape]:NEEDS[Workshop]:FINAL
{
	!TechRequired = DELETE
	!entryCost = DELETE
	category = -1
}

// zer0Kerbal

add stacking to [Duct Tape]

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[DuctTape]:NEEDS[KIS,Workshop]:FINAL
{
	@description ^= :$: KIS stackable. :
	%MODULE[ModuleKISItem] { %stackable = True }
}

PR submitted - plus one further change to MM_Workshop.cfg - so patch covers all science labs, not just the Large_Crewed_Lab.

Thank you, I'll review these later

• 3 weeks later...

New release, 1.2.10

• Thanks to @zer0Kerbal for the following:
    • Update MM_Workshop.cfg to cover all science labs instead of just the stock one.
    • Update WorkshopChemical.cfg for SimpleConstruction
    • Update WorkshopAICore.cfg for SimpleConstruction
    • Update Workshop.cfg for SimpleConstruction

Note:  Due to changes in KIS, this is only compatible with 1.7 and later

On 6/4/2019 at 3:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.10

• Thanks to @zer0Kerbal for the following:
    • Update MM_Workshop.cfg to cover all science labs instead of just the stock one.
    • Update WorkshopChemical.cfg for SimpleConstruction
    • Update WorkshopAICore.cfg for SimpleConstruction
    • Update Workshop.cfg for SimpleConstruction

Note:  Due to changes in KIS, this is only compatible with 1.7 and later

Nice, one issue I had in the previous version was that just a few mod parts could be constructed. 
Still having KAS work a bit less ballistic is an requirement :)

Very nice now it works perfectly :)

Found I could use search to find stuff in non standard folders like life support. 

Back to making an heat shield, parachutes and return rocket for Snoopy, an lunar lander module in Minmus orbit :)

e4gURaxh.png
 Build two small fuel tanks, an spark engine, an heat shield, decopler, probe core, small reaction wheel, parachutes, solar panels and an life support container. Add to MEM in Minmus orbit, jump into it an burn for Kerbin. 

Edited by magnemoe

So KSP v1.7.2 came out today :D I'm still using KSP v.17.1 for the time being and have noticed that the progress bar is not moving in the 3D Printing lab. I have one set up like in the OP with 2 engineers and material parts. Except for an added command module, wheels, and some power to move it off the runway.

Could use some help.

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@linuxgurugamer am making an educational guess that since KIS can't handle the new ground science in Breaking Ground, Workshop can't manufacture the parts, even with recipes added (which I tried).

Well, if KIS can't handle it, than what use would it be for this mod to make it?

When KIS gets fixed, I'll get to this

@zer0Kerbal @linuxgurugamer KIS 1.21 that was current when Breaking Ground was released could  pickup and store the new science experiments. KIS had a problem where you could not "deploy" them from a KIS Inventory so that they functioned correctly. If you placed them on the ground from a KIS inventory you had to pick them up in the stock system and then place them through the stock system to get them to recognize that they had been deployed. There were also issues with the volume of most experiments. Not much testing was done to see if there were any other problems.

IgorZ made the decision to just exclude them from KIS as the stock system worked well enough for these parts. It's hardcoded in KIS 1.22+ to disallow picking up parts with ModuleCargoPart. The BG cargo system seems to be the final straw that has pushed him into starting work on what will be KIS 2.0. IgorZ's been thinking out this for awhile to fix some other lingering issues and enhancements that couldn't be easily implemented in the existing system. When KIS 2.0 does come out it should integrate these parts seamlessly, but for now KIS 1.22+ is in a bugfix only support mode. The behavior with these parts won't change anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@zer0Kerbal @linuxgurugamer KIS 1.21 that was current when Breaking Ground was released could  pickup and store the new science experiments. KIS had a problem where you could not "deploy" them from a KIS Inventory so that they functioned correctly. If you placed them on the ground from a KIS inventory you had to pick them up in the stock system and then place them through the stock system to get them to recognize that they had been deployed. There were also issues with the volume of most experiments. Not much testing was done to see if there were any other problems.

IgorZ made the decision to just exclude them from KIS as the stock system worked well enough for these parts. It's hardcoded in KIS 1.22+ to disallow picking up parts with ModuleCargoPart. The BG cargo system seems to be the final straw that has pushed him into starting work on what will be KIS 2.0. IgorZ's been thinking out this for awhile to fix some other lingering issues and enhancements that couldn't be easily implemented in the existing system. When KIS 2.0 does come out it should integrate these parts seamlessly, but for now KIS 1.22+ is in a bugfix only support mode. The behavior with these parts won't change anytime soon.

@Tonka Crash, Am totally for KIS 2.0 and understand and agree with @IgorZ. Am just hoping he left a undocumented setting to allow those who are willing to forgo the EULA and warranties to use KIS with Serenity Science (let the reaver's come). As it is, I am pondering about +PART some larger cargo containers for Serenity. :P

@linuxgurugamer nothing to fix, when KIS allows Serenity Science, Workshop should already be able to handle it.

28 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Am just hoping he left a undocumented setting to allow those who are willing to forgo the EULA and warranties to use KIS with Serenity Science (let the reaver's come). As it is, I am pondering about +PART some larger cargo containers for Serenity. :P

From looking in the code there's no undocumented setting to bypass the exclusion, but you could always try using the 1.21 KIS.dll where it didn't exist. KIS also adds the mid size cargo box that holds 6 experiments using +PART and makes the small one equippable as a backpack. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.