[1.9.x] OSE Workshop Reworked - KIS Addon

linuxgurugamer

12 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Where can I obtain that?  The OP lists ToolbarController and SpaceTuxLibrary as dependencies, but doesn't have download links like it does for the other dependencies.  (I have TC already, but not STL.)

Sorry about that, I just updated it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an interesting issue.

When I try to delete an alarm created in Kerbal Alarm clock by an OSE workshop the alarm disappears but another alarm selected at random from my list of outstanding alarms has it time updated to be whatever the time of the OSE alarm was.

Interplanetary transfer alarms that were scheduled for a year in the future suddenly are scheduled for 10 minutes time.

I'm posting it here because I don't think it happens with alarms generated by other mods.

Spoiler
Spoiler

L

Hey, I am using OSE workshop in combination with Pathfinder. When I finish a print, the KAC alarm goes off, but the print stays in the workshop even though it is 100 percent done. How do I get the print out of the workbench? Is it supposed to be automatic? The factory wasn't out of MaterialKits or ECG, but had two options on the tweakables menu that said "acknowledge workshop condition". 

If this helps, I was printing a Hacienda (Pathfinder module) from a Ponderosa (the Pathfinder module) that had been launched in a KIS cargo Bay from the BFR in TundraExpansion.

Also, here are the mods I have that would affect this:

-Pathfinder (WBI)

-Buffalo (WBI)

KAS

KIS

Hiesenburg (WBI)

OSE workshop

Extraplanetary Launchpads

TundraExpansion

I'm happy to give any more information if needed. 

Edited by MoonstreamInSpace

New release, 1.2.12

• Thanks to @zer0kerbal for this:
    • final updates to B9textureswap configuarations
    • chose not to add ORE to containers because there isn't an icon/texture for Ore to be used on the tanks
    • removed CCK because Workshop has it hardcoded
  • Thanks to Github user @jd284:
    • fix recycler item paging
    • avoid manipulating KAC alarms by index
    • don't use overwrite kacAlarm in alarm search loops

@tomf this should fix your problem

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.12

• Thanks to @zer0kerbal for this:
    • final updates to B9textureswap configuarations
    • chose not to add ORE to containers because there isn't an icon/texture for Ore to be used on the tanks
    • removed CCK because Workshop has it hardcoded
  • Thanks to Github user @jd284:
    • fix recycler item paging
    • avoid manipulating KAC alarms by index
    • don't use overwrite kacAlarm in alarm search loops

@tomf this should fix your problem

:like: :rep:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome MOD!!! This is the first time to have installed OSE (using CKAN). I met the requirements (Electrical, 2 crews, MaterialKits) but failed. Ok, I'm trying to make the 3D printing lab really work, but it's always "working" (even in VAB and before the launch, the blue gears is always spinning, never stopping and not stopping). There is only one “unpacking workshop”, then “open OSE workbench” (no use :tip “3D printer is in travel mode, unable to print at this time”). Can anyone tell me how to print something?

Edited by MZYXXX
Added translation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 7:48 AM, bounty123 said:

Hi, I have a strange issue, the Workshop and Recycler options do not show up in the right click menu on the 3D printer modules.
Edit: nvm, I found out that I just needed to add SpaceTuxLibrary. 

I had a similar issue, only this time caused by the ToolbarController dependency.
CKAN does not mention ToolbarController as a dependency.

It would be great if this could be updated as it would save some hair pulling...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm currently facing a weird issue and this post is just to ask if this is a common or rather known issue and if there is any solution. If it isn't, I'll file a more detailed bug report, including one on Github. I searched all three existing OSE threads for MechJeb, but didn't find any matching issues.

So here's the situation. I'm using KSP 1.8.1 and a lot of mods, including OSE Workshop Reworked 1.2.13, MechJeb 2.9.1 and MKS 1.3.0.0 (all three are currently the latest mods). Whenever I try to print anything in the workshop that is a command part or includes a command part (like the KAS/KIS Ground Pylon on Steroids) and thereby any part including Mechjeb, the process does not finish and I'll get a NullRefException:

Spoiler

[EXC 10:01:33.089] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MuMech.VesselExtensions.GetModules[T] (Vessel vessel) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
    MuMech.VesselExtensions.GetMasterMechJeb (Vessel vessel) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebCore.OnSave (ConfigNode sfsNode) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
    PartModule.Save (ConfigNode node) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (PartModule module) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel, System.Boolean preCreate) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    KISAPIv1.PartNodeUtilsImpl.PartSnapshot (Part part) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, System.Int32 quantity) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.CreateItemFromScenePart (Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, System.Int32 quantity) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (Part p, System.Int32 qty, System.Int32 slot) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    Workshop.W_KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (Part partPrefab) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing () (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem (System.Double deltaTime) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FixedUpdate () (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:FixedUpdate()
[ERR 10:01:33.104] [OSE] - OseModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

The log gets spammed with that exception until I pause or abort the printing process. The process gets up to 100% and than starts spamming the NullRef when trying to finish.

Spoiler

screenshot8szjec.png

I made a copy of my game and deleted the MechJeb-folder in GameData and I was able to print any command part as intended (which is why you see the command part in the container at the left top). I can print any other part, just not command parts/parts including MechJeb - unless I deinstall MJ. One more thing, so far I've only tried printing the part in one of the MKS Modules, which basically just copies the workshop function. I haven't actually tried it in an OSE original workshop. Though I suspect the issue will persist.

Any thoughts?

Edited by caipi

9 hours ago, caipi said:

Hi, I'm currently facing a weird issue and this post is just to ask if this is a common or rather known issue and if there is any solution. If it isn't, I'll file a more detailed bug report, including one on Github. I searched all three existing OSE threads for MechJeb, but didn't find any matching issues.

So here's the situation. I'm using KSP 1.8.1 and a lot of mods, including OSE Workshop Reworked 1.2.13, MechJeb 2.9.1 and MKS 1.3.0.0 (all three are currently the latest mods). Whenever I try to print anything in the workshop that is a command part or includes a command part (like the KAS/KIS Ground Pylon on Steroids) and thereby any part including Mechjeb, the process does not finish and I'll get a NullRefException:

Reveal hidden contents

[EXC 10:01:33.089] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MuMech.VesselExtensions.GetModules[T] (Vessel vessel) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
    MuMech.VesselExtensions.GetMasterMechJeb (Vessel vessel) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebCore.OnSave (ConfigNode sfsNode) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
    PartModule.Save (ConfigNode node) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (PartModule module) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel, System.Boolean preCreate) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (Part PartRef, ProtoVessel protoVessel) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    KISAPIv1.PartNodeUtilsImpl.PartSnapshot (Part part) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, System.Int32 quantity) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.CreateItemFromScenePart (Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, System.Int32 quantity) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (Part p, System.Int32 qty, System.Int32 slot) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    Workshop.W_KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (Part partPrefab) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing () (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem (System.Double deltaTime) (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FixedUpdate () (at <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:FixedUpdate()
[ERR 10:01:33.104] [OSE] - OseModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

The log gets spammed with that exception until I pause or abort the printing process. The process gets up to 100% and than starts spamming the NullRef when trying to finish.

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot8szjec.png

I made a copy of my game and deleted the MechJeb-folder in GameData and I was able to print any command part as intended (which is why you see the command part in the container at the left top). I can print any other part, just not command parts/parts including MechJeb - unless I deinstall MJ. One more thing, so far I've only tried printing the part in one of the MKS Modules, which basically just copies the workshop function. I haven't actually tried it in an OSE original workshop. Though I suspect the issue will persist.

Any thoughts?

First I've heard of this.  Please test it in the original, and do NOT have MKS installed.  Keep the log.  Assuming it fails, then that will be all I need.  If it works, then test with MKS and keep the log again.

Not sure what's going on, but it seems that there is something in MechJeb which isn't being initialized properly.  I'll want to look into this, and maybe get together with @sarbian to figure this out.  @sarbian if you have any ideas, please let me know

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@sarbian if you have any ideas, please let me know

The function that crash is one that look at all the vessel modules and get the first Mechjeb module it see.  The code is simple and I do not really see where it could throw an NRE. 

Unless OSE create  parts that are active while not being in a vessel ?

@linuxgurugamer I used a clean KSP (1.8.1) install with the latest OSE workshop + its depencies, KIS, KAS, MJ, and it recreated the error - even without MKS.

Here are the logs - both, the KSP.log and the Player.log. I also included the craft file in case you want to try yourself.

@sarbian The new version did not help.

And here are your logs (including a simple craft file as well).

Let me know if you, both of you, need anything else. Screenshots, further testing, more information/logs, you name it.

2 hours ago, sarbian said:

Unless OSE create  parts that are active while not being in a vessel ?

Well, OSE only puts the part into a container inside a vessel. It does not attach it to any vessel, so the part is only stored within another part.

Oh, before I forget: printing other parts worked as intended with both MJ-versions, the latest release and sarbian's test version. Again, only parts with MJ Core are affected. The regular ground pylon does print, the GP on steroids doesn't.

6 minutes ago, caipi said:

@sarbian The new version did not help.

And here are your logs (including a simple craft file as well).

I only added some log to find what was null so it actually helped me

The new MJ dev #926 has a fix. 

To make it clear: the problem is actually in KIS because it spawn a Vessel with vessel.Parts == null which is an aberration. But since it is easier for me to add a null check I did it...

For good measure I also added a null check for part.Modules

Now let me drown my sorrow in water

17 minutes ago, sarbian said:

I only added some log to find what was null so it actually helped me

The new MJ dev #926 has a fix. 

To make it clear: the problem is actually in KIS because it spawn a Vessel with vessel.Parts == null which is an aberration. But since it is easier for me to add a null check I did it...

For good measure I also added a null check for part.Modules

Now let me drown my sorrow in water

Let me be the first to say Thank You for the quick response

• 5 weeks later...

I need to report similar behavior as @MoonstreamInSpace reported back on September 20th. Earlier today I attempted to print parts in a Pathfinder Blacksmith (Casa) module. There were two kerbals in the unit at the time (the minimum number required to make it work) and the base itself had a productivity rating of 5.2 or so. The base itself had a supply of Materials Kits large enough to complete the print and everything appeared to be working just fine right up until it hit the 100% mark, at which point the print did not finalize and I was forced to cancel the print. Using KSP 1.8.1 with OSE Workshop Reworked v. 1.2.13 and Pathfinder 1.34.0.

Log file here. If you need any additional information or need me to see if the behavior is also present in the OSE Workshop's own parts, let me know and I can do some additional testing.

9 hours ago, caipi said:

@capi3101 I see you are using MechJeb as well. The part you tried to print is a command part (or includes a MJ module), isn't it? If so you might want to try a development version of MJ2. Any version after 926 should fix it. For more information see this post, three above yours ;)

I am not using MechJeb; never have, though I always said if I ever launched successfully from the surface of Eve I'd install it. I've done four successful launches this past year...irrelevant anecdote to the problem at hand, though.

Casas can be used for command functions with Pathfinder, though in general the Pondarosa is better suited for the role. Let me try a not-command print to see if that has an effect.

Edited by capi3101

The material containers as downloaded right now are written for B9 Aerospace, and don't work at all without it... they actually Bork physics because they are set to zero mass.  there are cfg files what work without b9... but they are named .cfg.old  so they don't work without being renamed manually.  just a heads up

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.