[1.9.x] OSE Workshop Reworked - KIS Addon

linuxgurugamer

This is a continuation of the mod by @ObiVanDamme - original thread here, and originally continued by @Aelfhe1m , thread here

----------------------------

qbUkkdg.jpg

Availability

DISCLAIMER

The functionality of the parts have changed a bit from the previous version.  See below for a description

This mod is science mode ready. All parts are placed at there correct node in the tech tree.

This mod is career mode ready. The parts and the printing process itself (cost of MaterialKits plus EC) is scaled so that costs of MaterialKits and other resources match the cost of the printed parts.

What does it do?

The OSE - Workshop is a new Part that is meant to be used together with Kerbal Inventory System (KIS). It allows you to create parts in flight.

Current Features

• Queueing of items for production
  • All Items require MaterialKits, ElectricCharge and a crew of two Kerbals to be created
  • The amount of MaterialKits needed is depending on the mass of the created item => To create an item with the mass of one ton you need one ton of MaterialKits (not one unit)
  • Recycling of items stored in your vessels inventory
  • Processing of Ore into MaterialParts
  • Cancelation of item production
  • Selection of target inventory
  • Efficiency based on Crew Traits

Planned Features

• Specialized Workshops for different categories

Known issues and restrictions

• N / A

Changes from previous versions

Regarding the stand-alone tech:

• 3D Printing Lab, Advanced Exploration.  Can print parts
  • Recycling, Field Science (using the AICore part), Can recycle parts into what they were made from.  45% recovery
  • Ore Processing, Advanced Science Tech, can process ore into MaterialKits
  • Material Extractor, Advanced Science Tech, can process ore into MaterialKits, Dirt into ExoticMinerals and RareMetals
  • Optionally, takes acceleration into account.  If enabled (see options), acceleration >2g will cause damage
  • If damaged, needs DuctTape to repair

No change to the way stock scanners and drills are treated, the mod adds Dirt, ExoticMinerals and RareMetals to stock scanners and drills

if EL, MKS  is installed:

• 3D Printing Lab, Advanced Exploration, can print parts, can recycle parts
  • Workshop AI Core, Field Science, can print parts, can recycle parts, automated
  • Workshop Chemical, Advanced Science Tech, can print parts, can recycle parts, can convert ore to MaterialKits
  • Material Extractor, Advanced Science Tech, can process ore into MaterialKits, Dirt into ExoticMinerals and RareMetals

Required mods

NOTE: The above required mods must be downloaded separately.

Recommended Mods

License

OSE Workshop is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license, which means

• You are permitted to use, copy and redistribute my work as-is.
  • You may remix your own derivatives (new models, alternative textures, etc.) and release them under your own name.
  • You may not use the material for any commercial purposes.
  • You must use the same license as the original work.
  • You must credit the following people when publishing your derivatives in the download and forum posts: ObiVanDamme and Enceos (OSE Workshop), KospY and Winn75 (Kerbal Attachment System), Alshain (category icons).

Credits and Thanks

Portions of this codebase include source by taniwha, used under GNU general public license.

KIS is the original Work of KospY, Winn75 and IgorZ - Thank you for creating this awesome mod.

Original coding pre version 1.2.0 by ObiVanDamme and Angel-125

Authors

Aelfhe1m: continuation of mod from version 1.2.0

ObiVanDamme: mod idea and C# programming

Enceos: 3D models and textures

Angel-125: Maintenance during ObiVanDamme's absence

Alshain: category icons

LinuxGuruGamer: Bug fixes and updates for 1.6.1

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thanks @linuxgurugamer, fantastic job.

I have one concern, the point if EL, MKS is installed and 

• Workshop Chemical, Advanced Science Tech, can print parts, can recycle parts, can convert ore to MaterialKits

If these can produce Mk so easily, it makes almost the whole resource chain of MKS pointless, it would make it too easy to get Mk and lots of MKS drills, factories, refiners unneeded. Maybe there could be an option to disable this? Of course i can just not use them for this purpose, but still it seems not right.

1 hour ago, bounty123 said:

I have one concern, the point if EL, MKS is installed and 

If these can produce Mk so easily, it makes almost the whole resource chain of MKS pointless, it would make it too easy to get Mk and lots of MKS drills, factories, refiners unneeded. Maybe there could be an option to disable this? Of course i can just not use them for this purpose, but still it seems not right

I'd like some others to answer this.  I tried to keep the mod unchanged when EL &  MKS were installed, can someone else answer whether the above was possible before I took it over?

I've looked at the original code (from before I took it over), and this was all possible (as far as I can tell) in the pre-lgg version.  

I won't mind making a patch (or someone else can :-)  ), are these the only things you are concerned about? 

Frankly, I'd be a bit hesitant to change the Material Extractor, if you don't like it, just delete the second ModuleResourceConverter, which starts at line 89 and ends at line 144

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'd like some others to answer this.  I tried to keep the mod unchanged when EL &  MKS were installed, can someone else answer whether the above was possible before I took it over?

It was one of these 'it wasn't an exploit when it was first put in, and then the mod was on life support' things, I think.   But yes, it's long been possible.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I won't mind making a patch (or someone else can :-)  ), are these the only things you are concerned about? 

Frankly, I'd be a bit hesitant to change the Material Extractor, if you don't like it, just delete the second ModuleResourceConverter, which starts at line 89 and ends at line 144

Thanks, I'll probably delete/disable it with MM. Setting up Mk production chain is one of the main parts of an MKS colony, that's why it seems disturbing.
Also thanks for enabling the option to make uncategorized parts, works perfectly. 

Well hold on a sec i'm not too far into my MKS/USK career playthrough myself but i believe before i even had this mod installed and you could in the base USI pack recycle parts into MK I believe while yes you can recycle into MK the amount you make is nowhere enough to say build anything massive on another planet without using the MKS resource chain so i guess if you wanted to throw money you could launch a pile of trash from kerbin to a planet just to land it and recycle into MK's but long run in career your just wasting a pile of fuel and credits for it.

The one thing and maybe i'm a idiot since the new packing / unpacking is implemented i cannot seem to find a option to "UNPACK" engineer on the launchpad external or as part of the ship the option never seems to appear what's needed to unpack a workshop?

Edit : NM it somehow just appeared when i relaunched the craft again. not sure what i changed to make that happen lol.

Edited by BruteMan

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In your opinion, should that be taken out?

Honestly, I ignore it.  (And my current career doesn't even have MKS for a change...)  I'd want to compare efficiency with the MKS chain if it were up to me: If the full chain was a better deal, I might leave it as a 'well, you could...'  Otherwise, it might be worth a patch to disable in the presence of MKS.  (Though the dirt converter would be fine, even with MKS - Dirt has trace amounts of every base resource under MKS.)

2 minutes ago, BruteMan said:

i guess if you wanted to throw money you could launch a pile of trash from kerbin to a planet just to land it and recycle into KM but long run in career your just wasting a pile of fuel and credits for it. 

If you're going to be launching it for the MaterialKits - just launch a container of MaterialKits.

Hi @linuxgurugamer,

How can i find out what is bricking game loading?

Log:

[OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for TE.18.BFS.SL.RAPTOR

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for TE.18.BFS.TANKER

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for TE.18.DRAGONV2.POD

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Workshop.Recipes.WorkshopRecipeLoader+<LoadPartRecipes>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It's not Tundra Exploration, works in other install.

Edited by banditsan

1 hour ago, banditsan said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer,

How can i find out what is bricking game loading?

Log:

[OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for TE.18.BFS.SL.RAPTOR

[OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for TE.18.BFS.TANKER

[OSE] - Loading PartRecipe for TE.18.DRAGONV2.POD

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Workshop.Recipes.WorkshopRecipeLoader+<LoadPartRecipes>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It's not Tundra Exploration, works in other install.

It can still be Tundra, depends on whether the same mods are installed.  

Normally, this happens when a resource is missing

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It can still be Tundra, depends on whether the same mods are installed.  

Normally, this happens when a resource is missing

~140mods installed according to AVC on instance having issue :) Any way to enable more detailed debug log cause removing mods one by one kinda not a option

1 minute ago, banditsan said:

~140mods installed according to AVC on instance having issue :) Any way to enable more detailed debug log cause removing mods one by one kinda not a option

Unfortunately, no.  

How many mods on the install where it is working?

Look for the differences between the two

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Unfortunately, no.  

How many mods on the install where it is working?

Look for the differences between the two

One that works it's my test inctance. It has only about 20mods for fast loading so difference is big :)

Would it be possible to build an object using “build-beams” that trace the objects mesh outline. This way the object would slowly materialize as the scaning beams cross over each part of the mesh. Something like this was done with Surpreme command and Forged Aliance: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Commander_(video_game)

The basic idea being that the 3D printer unfolds and thus can be used to create objects larger than itself. Hence the objects are built extrenally and held in place by magnetic fields.The Cybran and UEF factions had the best example of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPNgIUUE0TQlx4Ju1qtxL

Edited by Redacted

50 minutes ago, Redacted said:

Would it be possible to build an object using “build-beams” that trace the objects mesh outline. This way the object would slowly materialize as the scaning beams cross over each part of the mesh. Something like this was done with Surpreme command and Forged Aliance: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Commander_(video_game)

The basic idea being that the 3D printer unfolds and thus can be used to create objects larger than itself. Hence the objects are built extrenally and held in place by magnetic fields.The Cybran and UEF factions had the best example of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPNgIUUE0TQlx4Ju1qtxL

Well, this isn't Supreme Command or Forged Alliance :-)

The short answer is no, the long answer is that for that, you probably want EPL since it instantiates vessels of almost arbitrary size on the EPL launch pad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.