[1.9.x] OSE Workshop Reworked - KIS Addon

linuxgurugamer

Alright, got around to trying a non-command part print. No joy.

FdAr6Xn.png

Log file for this particular session is here.

And here's my installed mods list from AVC:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.8.1 (Win64) - Unity: 2019.2.2f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.9.5
Filter Extensions - 3.2.4
KSP API Extensions /L - 2.1.1.2
Toolbar - 1.8.0.5
ToolbarControl - 0.1.9.4
AtmosphereAutopilot - 1.5.16
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.92
Community Category Kit - 5.0
Community Resource Pack - 1.3
Community Trait Icons - 1.1.1
AdvancedTextures - 1.8.1
AGExt - 2.4.0.1
RCSLandAid - 3.4.0.1
VerticalVelocityController - 1.34
Easy Vessel Switch - 2.0.7235.25545
EVAEnhancementsContinued - 0.1.15.2
ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads - 6.7
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.11.3
Firespitter - 7.15
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 3.13.2.5
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.7
KAS - 1.5.7239.36651
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.7.1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.5
KerbalKonstructs - 1.8.1.15
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.24.7279.41031
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.4.1.4
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.6.4.14
MemGraph - 1.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.7
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.8.5
NRAP - 1.6
PatchManager - 0.0.17.1
Portrait Stats - 1.0.18
Precise Node - 1.2.11
Protractor Continued - 2.11
RCS Build Aid - 0.10
Ship Manifest - 6.0.0.1
KSP_ColorPicker - 0.1.0.1
KSP_Log - 0.1.0.1
PartHighlighter - 0.1.0.1
SpaceTuxLibrary - 0.0.2.3
StageRecovery - 1.9.2.1
Surface Mounted Lights - 1.15.7274.38376
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.21.5.1
Trajectories - 2.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.12
TweakScale - 2.4.3.10
USI Alcubierre Drive - 1.3
EVAParachutesAndEjectionSeats - 0.2.0.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.8.1
WildBlueTools - 1.74
Kerbal Actuators - 1.8
Buffalo - 2.8
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.20
Pathfinder - 1.34
OSE Workshop - 1.2.13
World Stabilizer - 0.9.7

Is FirestarterCore still a dependency for OSE? Just asking, mainly.

When installing this mod from ckan it is missing the dependencies for 

Firespitter core

And 

Toolbar controller

I recently installed this mod from ckan and the parts showed up but not their functions. Looked at the dependencies and compared it to the mods installed and it installed all other dependencies except those. After installing those two mods separately everything works, just an FYI.

10 hours ago, Mahgninnuc1 said:

When installing this mod from ckan it is missing the dependencies for 

Firespitter core

And 

Toolbar controller

I recently installed this mod from ckan and the parts showed up but not their functions. Looked at the dependencies and compared it to the mods installed and it installed all other dependencies except those. After installing those two mods separately everything works, just an FYI.

Thank you, fixing now

Today I tried an experiment with my Pathfinder base - I used Extraplanetary Launchpads to print up an OSE 3D Printing Lab to see if I'd get different results utilizing the mod's native parts. Loaded Bill and Vall into the Lab once it was printed up and tried something simple - a KAS Screwdriver. Same results - it'd get right up to 100% then hang.

VB42c6B.png

Log file for this session is here. Not sure what exactly to look for but I found this line (line 83,791) here:

[ERR 15:39:58.862] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!

It's followed immediately by an EXC line, so it might be significant.

EDIT: So, that same line appears a bunch of times in the log file on further examination. Sometimes it has the correct overall volume but much of the time it throws up and sets the volume to zero liters. Probably explains why it won't print if I've read the source code for what happens when prints finalize correctly. 

Edited by capi3101

I'm having an issue with OSE Storage Unit 3000 and OSE Storage Unit 6000, whenever I try to launch, they do not want to move. See attached videos. Only Main mods I am currently running are:

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems

Kerbal Attachment Systems

Kerbal Inventory Systems

OSE Workshops reworked

Log File is here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ll0gyCu9yGf0ORx6iDbqSmVeaOqJ4WS/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mahgninnuc1

1 minute ago, Mahgninnuc1 said:

I'm having an issue with OSE Storage Unit 3000 and OSE Storage Unit 6000, whenever I try to launch, they do not want to move.

are they full? when full, well, they weigh (IIRC) as much as a class 'B' asteroid.

I know you said you weren't, but there seems to be an issue with tweakableeverything and reaction wheels - but anything that injects a zero into the physics system would do that.

So what is the TWR of the rockets in question?

If the TWR >1.0, I dunno (see above about unholy reactions)

click on the below box - it will help you provide the information that @linuxgurugamer will want.

YdYfStN.jpg

On 2/5/2020 at 5:31 PM, Joseph_Kerman said:

The material containers as downloaded right now are written for B9 Aerospace, and don't work at all without it... they actually Bork physics because they are set to zero mass.  there are cfg files what work without b9... but they are named .cfg.old  so they don't work without being renamed manually.  just a heads up

Well, looks like I may have found my answer, it was the very last post on the previous page. LOL

On 2/5/2020 at 6:31 PM, Joseph_Kerman said:

The material containers as downloaded right now are written for B9 Aerospace, and don't work at all without it... they actually Bork physics because they are set to zero mass.  there are cfg files what work without b9... but they are named .cfg.old  so they don't work without being renamed manually.  just a heads up

I wish you had pinged me on this.  I'll work on fixing this soon

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wish you had pinged me on this.  I'll work on fixing this soon

You know, I think 9/10ths of the mods I use have been handled by you at one point. It's come to a point where if I want a mod I used to use, but Spacedock shows out of date, I can _almost_ guarantee you've picked it up. Are you a machine?

Thank you though, for all the effort, on countless mods that would have been dead and forgotten long ago.

3 hours ago, Immashift said:

You know, I think 9/10ths of the mods I use have been handled by you at one point. It's come to a point where if I want a mod I used to use, but Spacedock shows out of date, I can _almost_ guarantee you've picked it up. Are you a machine?

Thank you though, for all the effort, on countless mods that would have been dead and forgotten long ago.

yeah been trying to get him sainthood or at least beatified for awhile. definitely demonstrating heroic virtue. 

7 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah been trying to get him sainthood or at least beatified for awhile. definitely demonstrating heroic virtue. 

Correct me if I'm wrong and/or being sacriligeous here, but doesn't both sainthood and beatification require the death of the party involved? Last I checked most dead people don't write a lot of code...but then again, that in and of itself may just be a matter of perspective......

Knighthood. Try knighthood.

I dunno. I just notice certain names appear -everywhere- for mods on certain games.

I checked out his Twitch page and the man looks like my dad plus a code wizard. The past videos are pretty interesting, even though my code knowledge is as basic as you can get and all I ever did was highschool Java. :D

God if my dad only knew how to work a computer I wouldn't have to go fix his stuff every other week. :( He doesn't even know where his start button is -_- And then there's this guy. I wonder what he did / does for a profession.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 9:07 AM, capi3101 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong and/or being sacriligeous here, but doesn't both sainthood and beatification require the death of the party involved? Last I checked most dead people don't write a lot of code...but then again, that in and of itself may just be a matter of perspective......

Knighthood. Try knighthood.

Doesn't a knighthood come with a stipend?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I've been trying to play around with this mod, and the Recycler keeps acting a bit wonky:

KSP: Kerbal Space Program - 1.9.1.2788, Windows 10, 64-bit

Problem: Recycler won't recycle if unpacking is required before use in the difficulty settings. Items in recycler queue get deleted instead of either recycling or being returned to storage.

Mods installed:

B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.13.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.0.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.1)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.28.0)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.2.2)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.15)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.24)
Kerbal Inventory System - No Fun (KerbalInventorySystemNoFun v1.4.2)
KerbNet Controller (KerbnetController 5.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.3)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.2)
OSE Workshop Reworked (OSEWorkShopReworked 1.2.13)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.2.3)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.3.3)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
USI Life Support (USI-LS 1.3.0.0)
USI Tools (USITools 1.3.0.0)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Reproduction steps:

Build a ship with the Recycler, a container for KIS parts with some parts in it, some empty containers for material kits and other raw materials, a power supply, and other paraphernalia. Go into game settings, and in the difficulty options for Workshop, ensure that you've selected the option that requires unpacking before use of the workshop modules. Launch your ship, right-click on the recycler, and unpack it. Then open the recycler menu, and try to recycle a part. It will appear in the recycling queue, but no recycling process will start. Click on the part, and note that it is deleted without recycling (you can see the ship's mass will drop as the part is removed, and no new resources will be gained). Try switching to other ships to re-load the scene, etc., and repeat the process; the same thing will happen. Go back into difficulty settings, and turn off the requirement to unpack before use. Recycler should now function as expected. (However, I still haven't found a way to move parts from the recycling queue back into storage without just deleting them...)

Log:

https://send.firefox.com/download/46d7213e7c0c42b1/#ClxpY91Tk6vMeV67z2ynQA

I'm not nearly techy enough to understand what any of it means, but the log seems to contain an awful lot of this bit:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Workshop.OseModuleRecycler.FixedUpdate () [0x000e9] in <90b8fcfbfc5e4214b18b0d1863520bdd>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Please let me know if I've missed anything, or if this is already a known issue -- I've tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything.

Of course an easy work-around would be to just keep that option turned off in difficulty, but I kind of liked the idea of it and the extra challenge it seems to add.

There's other... oddities I've noticed when playing around with the recycler, but they don't seem as critical and I didn't really check them as many times... Still, I'll describe them briefly. Firstly, if the difficulty option that makes modules take acceleration damage when upacked is checked, the Recycler seemed to take damage regardless of whether it was packed or not. Next, when I tried to include some duct tape in the ship so my kerbs could repair this damage, I realised *two* identical-looking duct tape items appear in the parts menu. Experimentation confirmed that only one of these seemingly identical items *actually* repairs anything -- the other one doesn't seem to actually have any functionality, or to be recognized as "duct tape" when I tried to fix the recycler. Lastly, when I *did* get the recycler to work -- by turning off the requirement to unpack it first under difficulty -- it seemed to recycle whether engineers were present or not. Actually I'm not sure this was a bug, but I tried the 3D printer workshop, and that refuses to work if no kerbs are aboard, so I expected the same to happen with the recycler... Anyway, just some oddities. They don't make the mod unusable or anything, and it's still adding a lot of fun to KIS, so I'm not complaining too much. Thank you for maintaining it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer - I know I've asked this before in various forums but can't find or remember the answer if I ever got one. Can OSE work with the Classic Stock Resources that comes with Pathfinder, or does it require Community Resource Pack to function if CSR is installed?

For reference, here is a Wiki page on CSR: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Classic-Stock-Play-Mode

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.