[1.9.x] OSE Workshop Reworked - KIS Addon

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

@linuxgurugamer - I know I've asked this before in various forums but can't find or remember the answer if I ever got one. Can OSE work with the Classic Stock Resources that comes with Pathfinder, or does it require Community Resource Pack to function if CSR is installed?

For reference, here is a Wiki page on CSR: https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Classic-Stock-Play-Mode

no idea, sorry.  And I don't' have time to research this 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, capi3101 said:

Today I tried an experiment with my Pathfinder base - I used Extraplanetary Launchpads to print up an OSE 3D Printing Lab to see if I'd get different results utilizing the mod's native parts. Loaded Bill and Vall into the Lab once it was printed up and tried something simple - a KAS Screwdriver. Same results - it'd get right up to 100% then hang.

VB42c6B.png

Log file for this session is here. Not sure what exactly to look for but I found this line (line 83,791) here:

[ERR 15:39:58.862] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!

It's followed immediately by an EXC line, so it might be significant.

EDIT: So, that same line appears a bunch of times in the log file on further examination. Sometimes it has the correct overall volume but much of the time it throws up and sets the volume to zero liters. Probably explains why it won't print if I've read the source code for what happens when prints finalize correctly. 

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I’m having the same issue and can’t figure out why.

59 minutes ago, zumadawg18 said:

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I’m having the same issue and can’t figure out why.

No, I didn't find a solution other than to roll back the mod to the last version that worked with the Pathfinder parts, which happens to be OSE 1.2.14.0. You might try that out yourself...having to put up with AVC telling me I've got a mod out of date that still works is better than having an up-to-date mod that doesn't, IMHO.

@linuxgurugamer

I'm having an issue where the progress bar will reach 100% but the part will not output into inventory using the pathfinder workshop. 

Looking the the log output, it says:

"[Error - OSE] OSEModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

Exception: InvalidCastException: Specified Cast is not Valid"

What does this error mean? I have Engineers in the part, and it has positive productivity. I have enough MaterialKits to make the part, so I'm at a loss with this one. I've updated to the dev version of mechjeb as others have suggested, and am running OSE 1.2.14 like @capi3101 suggested fixed their game. Any suggestions? 

EDIT: After some more experimentation, it appears that this issue is specific to the pathfinder blacksmith lab. I used the normal OSE Workshop and there was no issue producing the part. So mod interaction issue I guess. Any ideas? 

Edited by zumadawg18

5 hours ago, zumadawg18 said:

@linuxgurugamer

I'm having an issue where the progress bar will reach 100% but the part will not output into inventory using the pathfinder workshop. 

Looking the the log output, it says:

"[Error - OSE] OSEModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

Exception: InvalidCastException: Specified Cast is not Valid"

What does this error mean? I have Engineers in the part, and it has positive productivity. I have enough MaterialKits to make the part, so I'm at a loss with this one. I've updated to the dev version of mechjeb as others have suggested, and am running OSE 1.2.14 like @capi3101 suggested fixed their game. Any suggestions? 

EDIT: After some more experimentation, it appears that this issue is specific to the pathfinder blacksmith lab. I used the normal OSE Workshop and there was no issue producing the part. So mod interaction issue I guess. Any ideas? 

Maybe ask over in pathfinder?  It's their part afterall.

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

Maybe ask over in pathfinder?  It's their part afterall.

I figured I'd ask here since the exception being thrown was an OSE module, and Linux might know more about exceptions thrown by his mod than others would. 

8 hours ago, zumadawg18 said:

I figured I'd ask here since the exception being thrown was an OSE module, and Linux might know more about exceptions thrown by his mod than others would. 

Yes but as you stated in your post, the OSE parts are working fine.  So the mod is working in your game.  Logically then the problem seems to be with Pathfinders integration of the mod.  Yes @linuxgurugamer might understand the error.  However it isn't his job to fix the pathfinder integration, nor does he probably have the time as we all know and love how many mods he has taken over to keep alive.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 11:33 PM, capi3101 said:

No, I didn't find a solution other than to roll back the mod to the last version that worked with the Pathfinder parts, which happens to be OSE 1.2.14.0

Isn't 1.2.14.0 the latest release? 

21 minutes ago, zumadawg18 said:

Isn't 1.2.14.0 the latest release? 

Yes, it is.  So I’m puzzled as to what he was using.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:33 PM, capi3101 said:

No, I didn't find a solution other than to roll back the mod to the last version that worked with the Pathfinder parts, which happens to be OSE 1.2.14.0. You might try that out yourself...having to put up with AVC telling me I've got a mod out of date that still works is better than having an up-to-date mod that doesn't, IMHO.

Can you be specific here?  How can you roll back to 1.2.14.0 when that IS the latest version that I have released?

On 2/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, capi3101 said:

Today I tried an experiment with my Pathfinder base - I used Extraplanetary Launchpads to print up an OSE 3D Printing Lab to see if I'd get different results utilizing the mod's native parts. Loaded Bill and Vall into the Lab once it was printed up and tried something simple - a KAS Screwdriver. Same results - it'd get right up to 100% then hang.

VB42c6B.png

Log file for this session is here. Not sure what exactly to look for but I found this line (line 83,791) here:

[ERR 15:39:58.862] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!

It's followed immediately by an EXC line, so it might be significant.

EDIT: So, that same line appears a bunch of times in the log file on further examination. Sometimes it has the correct overall volume but much of the time it throws up and sets the volume to zero liters. Probably explains why it won't print if I've read the source code for what happens when prints finalize correctly. 

Just took another look at your log file. According to it the version is:

Pathfinder v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.4.1.1
Workshop v1.2.13.0 / v1.2.5

For whatever reason, you werent running the current version, its possible that I released 1.2.14.0 after this was done, which means that you fixed the problem by updating to the latest version.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just took another look at your log file. According to it the version is:

Pathfinder v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.4.1.1
Workshop v1.2.13.0 / v1.2.5

For whatever reason, you werent running the current version, its possible that I released 1.2.14.0 after this was done, which means that you fixed the problem by updating to the latest version.

I'll double-check; I haven't touched KSP much since the quarantine began.

For the record, the version of Workshop I had that played nice with Pathfinder was Angel-125's 1.3.1 release for KSP 1.6.x;  don't know what the hell I was thinking when I made that post in April but mental flatulence often occurs. Found out I could do what I wanted to do using Extraplanetary Launchpads, and that's the mod I had rolled back (to v6.4), not OSE. 

The URLs for Angel's 1.3.1 release are throwing 404s at this point too...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, finally took the opportunity to try out OSE again with my 1.8.1 save a few days ago; I haven't upgraded to 1.9.x yet so this report is probably worthless. Prognosis is that it still ain't working - gets up to 100% and then hangs without finishing up the print.

iBzcz8F.png

Best I can tell is that where Pathfinder is concerned, something in the code is unable to register the amount of storage space available in each of the modules and so OSE can't figure out where to put what it is you've built. The one in the picture was using a Pondarosa/Blacksmith; at least it's showing 200,000 liters of storage space at the top. For the Workshop module in the Castillo Factory it's showing zero, when it should have KIS space available. Angel says it's nothing on his end.

Log file for the session from which this screenshot came is here. Using KSP 1.8.1, KIS 1.24, Pathfinder 1.35 and Workshop 1.2.14 among other mods.

Edited by capi3101

On 5/14/2020 at 5:36 PM, capi3101 said:

Alright, finally took the opportunity to try out OSE again with my 1.8.1 save a few days ago; I haven't upgraded to 1.9.x yet so this report is probably worthless. Prognosis is that it still ain't working - gets up to 100% and then hangs without finishing up the print.

Best I can tell is that where Pathfinder is concerned, something in the code is unable to register the amount of storage space available in each of the modules and so OSE can't figure out where to put what it is you've built. The one in the picture was using a Pondarosa/Blacksmith; at least it's showing 200,000 liters of storage space at the top. For the Workshop module in the Castillo Factory it's showing zero, when it should have KIS space available. Angel says it's nothing on his end.

Log file for the session from which this screenshot came is here. Using KSP 1.8.1, KIS 1.24, Pathfinder 1.35 and Workshop 1.2.14 among other mods.

Did you find a workaround for this?  I'm having the same issue.

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

Did you find a workaround for this?  I'm having the same issue.

I'm afraid I haven't. I do have a version of the mod that worked in 1.6 that I have yet to try out with later KSP versions, but even if that does the trick the links to that version are no longer available (I make it a point to back up my builds every time I upgrade to a new KSP version).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 10:00 PM, James_Jazz said:

One question:

Where are the parts that have been constructed, I cant find them?

They'll go into any available KIS inventory space.  You can right click on a part with KIS inventory and select "Favor Inventory" to encourage the built parts to go there first (until it's full)

32 minutes ago, Mortimer Kerman said:

How to build parts? I don't know where is the building interface

Click "Open OSE Workbench" in the PAW of any of the OSE Workshop parts

On 6/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, Friznit said:

They'll go into any available KIS inventory space.  You can right click on a part with KIS inventory and select "Favor Inventory" to encourage the built parts to go there first (until it's full)

Click "Open OSE Workbench" in the PAW of any of the OSE Workshop parts

I was missing a dependance, the button did not appear. But it's fixed.

This is the log: (More exactly, the part that was repeating again and again)

Spoiler

[EXC 11:04:50.304] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (Vessel vessel) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem (System.Double deltaTime) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FixedUpdate () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:FixedUpdate()
[ERR 11:04:50.307] [OSE] - OseModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

[EXC 11:04:50.314] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    Workshop.W_KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (Vessel vessel) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem (System.Double deltaTime) (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FixedUpdate () (at <476ea10d65914767a3468907f8f1d0d0>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Workshop.WorkshopUtils:LogError(String, Exception)
    Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:FixedUpdate()
[LOG 11:04:50.321] 6/10/2020 11:04:50 AM,HLAirships,DEBUG: OnShowGUI Fired

Basically, it seems that OSE Workshop doesn't actually recognize Pathfinder-configured inventories.

I can work around this by using Kontainers or other inventories, but if you could fix this when you have the chance, that would be great.

Edited by MoonstreamInSpace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.