[1.9.x] OSE Workshop Reworked - KIS Addon

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, Remarkerbal said:

While trying to build a ship in orbit with Extraplanetary Launchpads, I ran into another situation.

For the building resources, the dialog box shows duct tape as a requirement to build the craft.

Though I have duct tape in a KIS container,  it is not picked up by the mod.

Since duct tape is an item from OSE workshop, I assume EL is being patched by OSE to make duct tape a requirement?

How can I disable this? It would make life easier, especially with the 2 different inventory systems.

I don't think OSE is doing this directly. My best guess is that the vessel you are trying to build has one or more rolls of duct tape in one or more of its containers, so EL is trying to build the duct tape part(s) along with it. Since the duct tape part includes the resource duct tape EL would presumably require duct tape to "fill it up". Try removing any duct tape rolls from containers on the vessel and see it that works.

Note: I have never used EL and don't know if that's how it works, but its the only thing I can think of.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!  I'm sorry, but I've got a really dumb newby question.  Where does the K&K OSE Workshop workbench actually put the printed parts it creates?  I have created 6 EVA Repair Kits, they show up in the recycler menu, but I can't seem to find them any other place in my base.  I would like to add them to my kerbal's inventory, but I can't locate them anywhere.  Thanks much, and sorry for the dumb question.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:13 PM, BobStewart said:

Hi!  I'm sorry, but I've got a really dumb newby question.  Where does the K&K OSE Workshop workbench actually put the printed parts it creates?  I have created 6 EVA Repair Kits, they show up in the recycler menu, but I can't seem to find them any other place in my base.  I would like to add them to my kerbal's inventory, but I can't locate them anywhere.  Thanks much, and sorry for the dumb question.

It puts them in a KIS inventory. These are entirely separate from the stock inventories. If you right click on a part to bring up its PAW there should be an option to open any inventories on the part. All Kerbals have an inventory so if you haven't added any specific container parts to your craft the printed parts are probably in a Kerbal's KIS inventory. Here is a dev screenshot from my continuation of OSE which happens to show what I mean:

373Nyrl.png

Notice how at the bottom of the list there are buttons labelled "Nielsby's inventory" and "Catemone's inventory". If you click on one of them that Kerbal's inventory will open. These are separate from the ones at the top which have the parachute and jetpack in them.

If it isn't in any of your Kerbals' inventories you may need to check every other part on your ship for a built-in inventory.

P.S. In order to get them into a stock inventory you have to place them on the ground using KIS's build mode and then pick them up using the stock system.

Edited by Alphathon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.