Mission Plan assistance needed

Hi all,

It's been a while since I played KSP but I recently got back into it again.  I'm a bit of a "mod hog" so I have around 100 or so at the moment.   Most importantly, I'm a TAC Life Support guy...

I'm needing some help to make sure that I'm planning my manned (kerbaled) Duna mission correctly.   I'm using http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/ (KSP Launch window planner), to figure out depart, arrival etc.

Since kerbal years are 426 days, am I correct in my calculation that a total mission time to duna and back (including the "stay" waiting for xfer window back), is 1,126 kerbal days or 2.6 kerbal years?   (Depart Year 1 Day 236, arrival back at kerbin Year 4 Day 84).

I've unlocked just about the whole tech tree, so the idea was to bring enough supplies for the mission, but I'm planning on having a small base setup with greenhouse just in case we end up stranded waiting on rescue.  Planning on using Pathfinder for a lot of that stuff since it's a "packable" base.   Either that or Planetary base systems, likely will be a combo.

Thanks in advance!

This question about how to play the game has been moved to the Gameplay Questions section of the forum.

The answer to your question is:

Yes, it takes about 1126 days to travel to Duna at the first transfer window and return at the first window home.

Happy landings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.