[W.I.P] [1.6.1] The Varuta System

Download The Varuta System (v0.3.0): https://www.spacedock.info/mod/2088/The Varuta System

The Varuta System is a mod that adds the planet Varuta and its many moons to the game.

Kopernicus is required for this mod to work!

What are the planets and moons are included in the varuta system you ask? Well here they are:

Varuta: Is one of the larger planets in the kerbol system, located between duna and dres. It is host to many unique and intresting moons, all of which should be explored

NSZDTAW.png

Theonus: Is the closest and of the more intresting looking moons of Varuta. Its surface is partially similar to Varuta. It also has some extreme terrain, so be careful when trying to land!

IvCLB1u.png

Niven Olten: Is the second and largest moon of Varuta, at almost 1/3 the size of its planet. Olten might look boring at first, but it has awesome views of Varuta and other moons from the surface.

FuloKfr.png

Deaphus: Is one of the smaller moons in the Varuta System. It has regions of blue, which might be filled with Apatite under the surface. Like Theonus, it has extreme terrain.

yZKJftA.png

Rebos: The smallest moon of Varuta, it has a relatively smooth surface and is most likely a captured asteroid due to its orbit and surface

i08qx8O.png

And Oltimos: Its intresting in the fact that it is a sub-satellite of Olten. It orbits at an inclined orbit around Olten, and has a SOI of only 14km and is only 5km across.

VIVZjoW.png

Spoiler

The Varuta System Mod Progress:

My progress on this mod, like additional moons and changes. Green is finished, Orange is WIP (Work in Progress), Red is to be added, but not currently added

Planet Texure Issues

Varuta

Theonus

Niven  Olten

Deaphus

Rebos

Oltimos

Teturn

More Biomes

Timewarp Altitudes

Science Defs for Varuta and Its Moons

Spoiler

List of Biomes (As of v0.3.0)

Varuta:

Lower Maria, Upper Maria, Midlands, Varutian Crater, Ridges

Olten:

Lowlands, North Polar Regions, Oltinian Flatlands, Rocklands

Theonus:

Maria Rim, Crater Basins, Crater Edge

Deaphus:

Lighter Regions, Apaptite Deposits, Deaphian Lowlands

Rebos:

Surface Craters, Polar Regions, Regolith

Oltimos:

Midlands, Lowerlands

If you have any questions about the mod or any problems/glitches you have, ask me below.

LICENSE: MIT

Spoiler

Copyright (c) 2019 by Johnster Space Program

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

Edited by Johnster_Space_Program
Changed Niven to Olten, for reasons, Added LICENSE

Update #1: Started working on update v0.1.1 and the moon Rebos.

Rebos will be a new moon orbiting Varuta in an upcoming update to this mod and will be hard but interesting to get to.

P.S: I will have to change Niven's name because another mod (GPP) has a planet with the same name.

IvdvM7n.png

3 hours ago, Johnster_Space_Program said:

Update #1: Started working on update v0.1.1 and the moon Rebos.

Maybe this should be in the Addon Development sub-forum since you're implying that your release version is 0.1 or lower. As an experienced modder I'm going to say up-front that this is bad practice. It tells me that while you're honest about how much a WIP this is, you're a little impatient to get something out the door. And rushed goods don't last long.

I will also say that your mod is indeed interesting but has a long way to go, just from looking at it. For instance, color patterns tend to be closely tied to the heightmap and geometry, but the disconnect in some of your worlds is so strong that it seems like the heightmaps came from the East and the color maps came from the West.

Lastly, I helped make GPP so I'm going to urge you out of pure prejudice and provocation, lol, to deal with Niven. ;)

Also, try not to wave your email address around. Anyone on the forum can start a private message to contact you but you're inviting spam-bots and trolls to reach you too.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Maybe this should be in the Addon Development sub-forum since you're implying that your release version is 0.1 or lower. As an experienced modder I'm going to say up-front that this is bad practice. It tells me that while you're honest about how much a WIP this is, you're a little impatient to get something out the door. And rushed goods don't last long.

I will also say that your mod is indeed interesting but has a long way to go, just from looking at it. For instance, color patterns tend to be closely tied to the heightmap and geometry, but the disconnect in some of your worlds is so strong that it seems like the heightmaps came from the East and the color maps came from the West.

Lastly, I helped make GPP so I'm going to urge you out of pure prejudice and provocation, lol, to deal with Niven. ;)

Also, try not to wave your email address around. Anyone on the forum can start a private message to contact you but you're inviting spam-bots and trolls to reach you too.

Thanks for telling me this! I've just started making planets with kopernicus so I don't know much. I will use your advice for future planet mods I make.

Varuta System v0.1.1 Update: Niven becomes Olten, Proper Biomes Names, and Some New ScienceDefs for Varuta

v0.1.1 of The Varuta system is out and it adds some pretty big changes and improvements!

First, Niven is now called Olten!

Why? Because Niven is the name of a GPP Planet and my mod can't have a moon with the same name and Olten sounds like a better name.

Second, Biomes Names Are Properly Showed Now!

This is how they appeared in v0.1 (Not Proper):

4a562fA.png

Now, they appear like this in v0.1.1 (Proper!):

ZFDdylB.png

Also, as you can see, Varuta has some custom scienceDefs now! Now when you do an EVA Report in space high or low over Varuta, you get this custom message:

WqlzPxV.png

The next version, v0.2, will hopefully add a new moon Rebos to the system, and more scienceDefs to Varuta and starting to add some scienceDefs to its moons.

16 hours ago, bobjonesisthebest:D said:

hi what happened to the other pack?

What happened is that the other pack was having all sorts of problems and glitches I couldnt fix so I decided to stop working on it. Besides this pack is already much better than Dunope.

@Johnster_Space_Program Nice looking mods! 

However, one thing I think you're missing for this mod is a license...read through this thread and make sure you have everything (specifically point 1).

Apologies, I looked on the spacedock page and you do indeed have a license :rolleyes: You should probably specify the license in the OP though.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Johnster_Space_Program Nice looking mods! 

However, one thing I think you're missing for this mod is a license...read through this thread and make sure you have everything (specifically point 1).

Apologies, I looked on the spacedock page and you do indeed have a license :rolleyes: You should probably specify the license in the OP though.

Ok, do I just need to specify it by adding this? 

GKougzW.png

3 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

No, I believe you can just put something like ‘License: MIT’ in the OP. Keep that .txt in the mod folder though.

ok, doing that now. at the bottom of the OP, there should be a license with a spoiler.

Varuta System v0.2.0 and 0.2.1 Updates: The Moon Rebos, More ScienceDefs and Biomes, README and LICENSE

The new varuta system v0.2 updates are out! The new updates add the moon Rebos to Varuta with its own biomes, adds scienceDefs to Theonus and Olten, and now when you download the mod there's a proper LICENSE and README .txt file.

Rebos: The smallest moon of Varuta, it has a relatively smooth surface and is most likely a captured asteroid due to its orbit and surface

COrogv5.png

i08qx8O.png

And as I said before, now when you download the mod, you will get this in the .zip file:

GKougzW.png

Also next to LICENSE there is the README file, It tells you where to put the VarutaSystem folder and what kopernicus version you need.

The Varuta System v0.3.0 Update: Olten gets a new moon, Oltimos, More ScienceDefs for Olten and Deaphus!

The varuta system v0.3 update is now out! This update adds the small asteroid moon to Olten, Oltimos! Its small SOI and gravity make it hard to land on without bouncing off!

VIVZjoW.png

Oltimos is also a sub-satellite, which you don't see often!

Also I added more ScienceDefs to Olten and Deaphus and am almost done adding them to all the moons in the system. Also, I started working on a new mod that should come out later today, Dunope Revamped!

8 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Okay.Varuta is nice.But,it hosts several moons right? So,may we want cooler view.

What about some tiny rings?

And a habitable moon?

sure, if you want to do that. Or I could.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.