KSP Updates And Your Opinions

ZooNamedGames

KSP Upcoming Updates  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind Of Content Should 1.X Contain?

• More Retextures
    • New Features
    • Updated Career
    • Bug Fixes
    • New Parts
    • Mods Added To Stock
    • Solar System Overhaul (New Terrain, Planets, etc)
    • Science System Overhaul
    • Graphical Enhancements
    • None of the above

On 3/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Issue is the calculator is a Mod made stock (see KER and MJ2 which had the calculator function since KSP was in alpha) and not an original feature. Life support also falls under this bracket as it's been done to death by various mods. Clouds would fall under my category of 'Graphical Enhancements' on the poll.

But if that's true, then almost anything falls into the bracket of "mod to stock". New planets to go to, parts to use, atmospheric effects to experience, they've all been made in mods. There are hundreds of the things and they are almost all the type of thing the player would want, so avoiding mod like content seems like folly to me.

Adding something that already exists in some form in a mod shouldn't be shunned. If it's a good addition to the stock game then there's no reason the developer shouldn't add it.

3 minutes ago, purpleivan said:

Adding something that already exists in some form in a mod shouldn't be shunned. If it's a good addition to the stock game then there's no reason the developer shouldn't add it.

Provided it’s done passably well. The dv calc and comms system are decent simplifications of great mods. Kerbnet is hot garbage and resource-scanning is a joke.

The one consistent thing about stock development quality is that it’s wildly inconsistent. This is why I’m in the “add nothing, bugstomp, and freeze development” crowd. If I didn’t have collabs going, I’d roll back to 1.3.1 and never update again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.