A "KSP Loading..." Preview: The Mun Launch Site (KSP Enhanced Edition)

SQUAD

Free DLC? Count me in!

That said, I don't think Squad is going to change their mind about the features in the console update, given that they've already announced the Mun Lanchsite. However, they haven't announced the DLC price yet. Given that it's missing the mission builder, they should at least give it to us half price. To the people who bought the original console game, free. There's my two cents.

18 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

Free DLC? Count me in!

That said, I don't think Squad is going to change their mind about the features in the console update, given that they've already announced the Mun Lanchsite. However, they haven't announced the DLC price yet. Given that it's missing the mission builder, they should at least give it to us half price. To the people who bought the original console game, free. There's my two cents.

$9.99

3 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

Free DLC? Count me in!

They said $9.99 and the PC DLC is $15

Edited by sicko kerman

12 minutes ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Have they said anything about the Delta-V feature? I only remember not seeing it in the changes list, but I didn't see any dev talking about why it's not coming for Xbox, neither when it will come.

We'll have to wait and see for the update, only 3 days away!

2 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

I meant the DV calculator.

Again, it's not in the changes list for next patch, so I really don't think it will come now. The thing is that the Devs haven't even talked about why it's not coming, and I'm not sure why they would suddenly talk about it when the patch launches.

paid DLC...

well not surprised but personally would have thought releasing the patch, and it being seen to fix the majority of the problems first and DLC later would make more sense.

personally not buying anything extra until I'm happy the core game actually works

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/2/2019 at 16:35, Barzon Kerman said:

¡Me gusta! Una forma de verlo es como un stock semi-análogo a Launchpads ExtraPlanetary, para construir colonias. ¿Mi sugerencia para reducir el grado de OP de esto sería que solo se desbloquee cuando envíes una cierta cantidad de kerbals a esa ubicación? Para que parezca que una colonia se ha establecido un poco.

How can you launch a ship from mun in career mode?

2 hours ago, Atroner said:

Ok thank you, someone knows how to choose mun as a launch pad ... because in career mode I can not find it ... must we unlock something? Thank you

The mun launch pad is only available with the paid DLC pack, I believe. 

22 minutes ago, Ratwerke_Actual said:

Link fixed. @Lisias

Works for me. :)

Dude, I'm not telling there're no bugs. I'm telling that you need to be detailed on your bug reports, otherwise they are so good as none.

What, where, when and who. Just for starters.

How to reproduce. Additional material ("here, take this scenario"), KSP.log and etc.

40 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Works for me. :)

Dude, I'm not telling there're no bugs. I'm telling that you need to be detailed on your bug reports, otherwise they are so good as none.

What, where, when and who. Just for starters.

How to reproduce. Additional material ("here, take this scenario"), KSP.log and etc.

@Lisias Whilst I agree with the comments about bug reports needing lots of details (preferable with detailed reproduction recipes), your example "works for me" video missed the piont.  In the the original video the problems occurred during physical timewarp, and you used non-physical timewarp, and hence completely missed the situation in the original video.  (I'm guessing the cause of that bouncing is larger timesteps in x4 physical timewarp compared to no timewarp, but that is just a guess).

19 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

@Lisias Whilst I agree with the comments about bug reports needing lots of details (preferable with detailed reproduction recipes), your example "works for me" video missed the piont.  In the the original video the problems occurred during physical timewarp, and you used non-physical timewarp, and hence completely missed the situation in the original video.  (I'm guessing the cause of that bouncing is larger timesteps in x4 physical timewarp compared to no timewarp, but that is just a guess).

No. You had missed the point. Without detailed descriptions, the bug report will be likely dismissed exactly the way I did. This is how things work on professional development - cope with it, or suffer with it. Real Life talks louder than any reasoning.

Besides, the first time you activate the physical timewarp to a factor bigger than 2x, a pop up window appears explaining that things may not work as you expect. So, this is not a bug, but a well known and documented limitation of the physics engine. And there're no other way to do that - the only way to achieve such timewarp is mangling with the FixedUpdate thing - and by doing that, the leap between the last state and the next state is just too big to handle collisions accurately.

Normally, the FixedUpdat is called each 20ms. Using the time warp, each Quantum can reach many seconds - too much to do a detailed simulation of physical contact using crude collision meshes. You need to rewrite a completely new physics engine, with different rules, to accomplish that. But since KSP at that time was an Indie game, and nowadays is far from being in the AAA team, they don'y have the resources to do that. So they documented the limitation, put that pop-up and called it a day.

Being picky, the bug is on the Pop Up window - it is not telling you everything you need to know. ;) 

Edited by Lisias
Hit "save" too soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So, you console peeps have had access to this place for awhile.  Please tell us details of how you access it, where it is listed, what options are required to make it available, and if its listed separately than any on-Kerbin launch sites. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.