A "KSP Loading..." Preview: The Mun Launch Site (KSP Enhanced Edition)

SQUAD

3 minutes ago, klesh said:

So, you console peeps have had access to this place for awhile.  Please tell us details of how you access it, where it is listed, what options are required to make it available, and if its listed separately than any on-Kerbin launch sites. 

The launch site is unlocked pretty far down the science tree (550 if I remember right). Selected from the same place as the other launch sites, you cannot recover vessels from it, but there does not seem to be any mass or part restrictions. While I'm not personally a fan, it is useful for testing craft (this is pretty much all I've used it for so far) the way I see it is that its there for people who want it and can be ignored if not .

Oh and its right by the Armstrong monument!

It's unlocked pretty late in the tech tree for career mode. However I don't think there is any other requirement or limits ( ie limited fuel or parts available.)

Bit I'm not sure as I have not used it. A friend who plays sandbox said it's available right from the get go on sandbox.  Which I don't really agree with. 

Personally I think it would have been a great addition to the game, if they had made it a mission that popped up after getting a certain amount of science from the Mun. You then had to deliver/land a certain amount of fuel and or materials (lander cans etc) 

And even then it should need refilled or ressupplied  afyer so many launches with a part and weight limit. 

Atm however i personally will not be using it but that's  just me  maybe others will like and/or use it.

Edited by mikey117

On 3/30/2019 at 9:34 PM, Lisias said:

Works for me. :)

Dude, I'm not telling there're no bugs. I'm telling that you need to be detailed on your bug reports, otherwise they are so good as none.

What, where, when and who. Just for starters.

How to reproduce. Additional material ("here, take this scenario"), KSP.log and etc.

The quality of general bug reports is just horrendous. I'm surprised there's so few "Please HELP" as titles for bug reports/threads to be fair.

The bug tracker, after the Devs allowed pretty much anyone to post, became just a mess, it's almost funny.

• 2 years later...
On 2/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, SQUAD said:

Coming to KSP Enhanced Edition’s first DLC: the History and Parts Pack - we present you the new Mun Launch Site, not currently available on PC. Console players will be able to select this complex or 3 additional ones(the Woomerang Launchsite, the Dessert Complex and the Island Runway) directly from the VAB or SPH.

Late but, Squad we need this on PC!

6 minutes ago, Atomic Engineer said:

:huh: You know that you want it so why are you worried?

The Mun launch site was basically compensation for the fact that console players didn't get the mission builder in their version of the Making History DLC.

A lot of PC players (including myself) were strongly against anything like it coming to PC, mostly because it just feels cheaty to have your craft instantly teleported to the Mun from the KSC. Fortunately it seems like there are no plans to do that.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

The Mun launch site was basically compensation for the fact that console players didn't get the mission builder in their version of the Making History DLC.

A lot of PC players (including myself) were strongly against anything like it coming to PC, mostly because it just feels cheaty to have your craft instantly teleported to the Mun from the KSC. Fortunately it seems like there are no plans to do that.

Maybe something as a final parting gift from Squad where you need to have Kerbals on site to use then there.

8 hours ago, Deddly said:

My feelings on the subject:

100% agree, it feels like the Mun Launch Site takes away that experience.

I like to think of it as this, imagine getting the shiniest car before learning how to use it, you are more likely to crash than actually use it correctly, I think of it as this.

4 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

100% agree, it feels like the Mun Launch Site takes away that experience.

I like to think of it as this, imagine getting the shiniest car before learning how to use it, you are more likely to crash than actually use it correctly, I think of it as this.

maybe it could be like a 0.000000000000001% chance of getting it from a randolith on the mun?

On 5/15/2021 at 4:14 PM, Atomic Engineer said:

:huh: You know that you want it so why are you worried?

I used to play console KSP,  and I hated the Mun launchsite, it just felt cheaty and immersion breaking. I used it once just to see what it was like and never again. It's even worse than the science lab IMO.

7 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

I used to play console KSP,  and I hated the Mun launchsite, it just felt cheaty and immersion breaking. I used it once just to see what it was like and never again. It's even worse than the science lab IMO.

I would like it to be kind fo nerfed kind of like a Level 2 VAB maximum and you have to grab the Kerbals from on the Mun. I think it would be fun and another cool something while we're waiting for KSP 2.

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 4:57 PM, Atomic Engineer said:

I would like it to be kind fo nerfed kind of like a Level 2 VAB maximum and you have to grab the Kerbals from on the Mun. I think it would be fun and another cool something while we're waiting for KSP 2.

Or require construction materials to be brought to the site and engineers on hand to work on it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.