Threads of the Month: March

Starhawk

Since it's the first of a new month and this is the Announcements Section, this must be another edition of Threads of the Month.

t6wBM6y.png?1

Also, since this is March, we'll call it the March Threads of the Month even though most of these were created in February.  :)

We appreciate all the nominations for Threads of the Month.  Please use the report button (and make sure to leave a note) to nominate a thread.

Starting us off this month is one posted by @Torn4dO in the Spacecraft Exchange.  Amazing!  Beautiful!  Staggeringly enormous!  Words really fail in this case...  It has to be seen.

Next up, we have a thread created by new user @Reinhart Mk.1.  This is a fascinating discussion of the rigours of returning a craft from the surface of Eve.

In another thread posted by a new user, @MumOfKSPdevotee is asking for help choosing a gaming PC for her son.  This thread really showcases the friendliness and helpfulness of our members.

Finally, this month, we have decided to give an honourable mention.

The Saga of Emiko Station has been a forum staple for just over 3 years now.  Written by forum member @Just Jim, this work has taken its readers on a number of adventures and dramatic roller coasters.  Now, sadly though, Jim has decided to write the final chapter in this Kerbal odyssey.  The story has received both ToTM and ToTY recognition and we wanted to make a special mention of it here as a farewell.  We thank Jim for the places he has taken us within these 100 chapters.

That's all for this month.

Once again, keep those nominations coming.

Happy landings!

1 hour ago, Torn4dO said:

And here I thought people didn't like fps killers :P

Oh trust me, none of us were dumb enough to try and load the thing, we just enjoyed looking at the pretty pictures you melted your computer to achieve.   

5 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

Every year disappointed fans leave the superbowl amidst the celebrations of the patriots thinking "someday..."

Am I allowed to say that's what I'm thinking now? :sticktongue:

Without a nomination from you guys, we can't pick it.......

So if there's a thread that really strikes a chord with you, then click that "report" button, and we can take a look at it.

THANK YOU! I love this game even more for it's community. I designed a craft last night that definitely had the most potential to return from Eve. In honor of this I'm staying up all night to ensure I get Jeb home safe and sound so he can have plenty of stories to tell his grandchildren about the perils of the Purple Planet. :)

11 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

For once? Dude, you got TOTY. :huh:

And TOTM... like 3 years ago. That's why this was such a huge surprise. I never expected a TOTM send off.  :0.0:

This is a huge honor, and I'm still really blown away.  :D

Edited by Just Jim

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

And TOTM... like 3 years ago. That's why this was such a huge surprise. I never expected a TOTM send off.  :0.0:

This is a huge honor, and I'm still really blown away.  :D

Sensai, please. You are hurting the egos of all the other writers :(

(In all seriousness though, congratulations and I'm really happy Emiko has gotten this much attention. It's a wonderful novel.)

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

On 3/1/2019 at 10:25 PM, Gargamel said:

Without a nomination from you guys, we can't pick it.......

So if there's a thread that really strikes a chord with you, then click that "report" button, and we can take a look at it.

First of all, heartfelt congrats to @Just Jim on a very well deserved 'send off' TOTM - and I'm adding my voice to the chorus of well-wishers, hoping that there will be a Part II to the Saga some day!

But, picking up on @Gargamel's comment, if you're looking for something to fill the gap left by the ending of an epic tale, the Fan Works forum has something to suit most tastes. The Mission Reports sub-forum tends to be the place to go for illustrated material, whereas the main forum tends to cover prose-only works. Of course, not all of them will have the sweeping scope, originality and sheer flights of fancy that we've come to know from Jim's work (so no more adventures of the Platypeople that I'm aware of :( ), - but do come and have a dig around anyway... you might just find a pleasant surprise or two.

Edited by KSK

On 3/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Sensai, please. You are hurting the egos of all the other writers

Well that was never my intention... but I have to admit I'm honored to be called Sensai, thank you.

Actually, I really think every writer, and artist, and modder maker, and anyone who puts in the effort above and beyond playing, just because they love the game that much, deserves all the credit we can give them, you included!!!  KSK is right, there is so much talent in the fan fiction area... I know I don't comment as much now, but I try my best to keep up with everyone, and I'm constantly amazed at how good you all are! 

I hope every writer gets TOTM eventually, and we get another fan-fiction work as TOTY this year as well!

Edited by Just Jim

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Well that was never my intention... but I have to admit I'm honored to be called Sensai, thank you.

Actually, I really think every writer, and artist, and modder maker, and anyone who puts in the effort above and beyond playing, just because they love the game that much, deserves all the credit we can give them, you included!!!  KSK is right, there is so much talent in the fan fiction area... I know I don't comment as much now, but I try my best to keep up with everyone, and I'm constantly amazed at how good you all are! 

I hope every writer gets TOTM eventually, and we get another fan-fiction work as TOTY this year as well!

'Twas only a joke, but you are still sensai. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.