Missing piece to get Sigma Dimensions from working?

PTNLemay

I've been playing the game for years, but I've never been very good at manually downloading mods.  But since Sigma has stopped updating on CKAN, I'm forced to download manually.  All I want for now is to get the stock solar system to become twice as big as normal.

I'm pretty sure I've done all of the parts, and that I have the latest versions.  I got Kopernicus from the Github (where it says it's good up to version 1.6.1) and the same for Sigma Dimensions (it doesn't clearly specify what version it's good up to, but it is the latest version of the mod at least).

I put the Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and Sigma folders into the GameData folder.  ModuleManager v4.0.1 is present.  I then went into the sigma folder, navigated to the Settings.CFG opened and edited a few things.  For started I just did Resize = 2 and Rescale = 2, which should make the orbits twice as large, and the planet radii twice as large.

But... when I save, close, and boot up the game.  None of the orbits have changed.  Am I missing a step to get Sigma to work?

tl;dr
What dependencies does Sigma Dimensions have aside for Kopernicus?

Edited by PTNLemay

You need to get the config files from sigma rescale as well.  It will have folders in it like 2.5x, 3.2x, etc.  Move whichever folder you want to use.  Use only 1 of them though.

Edit the file in the folder you want with the size you wanted.

Edited by dorin6565

Are those also available on the Github, or do I have to find them elsewhere?

There is a Config folder that came with what I installed, and in it there's other folders.  Bodies, General and Redimension.   But these look like details for each individual planet/atmosphere/orbit.  So I don't think that's where I need to go to change everything in one adjustment.

22 hours ago, PTNLemay said:

Well, it almost worked.  The planets and moons rescale, but the orbits don't.  

All the same, thanks for the help.  I appreciate the effort.

you might have introduced some weird stuff in the settings.cfg when you edited it.

try deleting the sigma folder and re-installing SD, Rescale from galileo worked fine last time I checked

if you are still having issues you can contact me on github :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Sigma88
Sorry for the late reply, real life had to drag me back and I had no time to toy with KSP for a bit.

You were correct, whatever I did by trying to change the numbers manually is what broke it.  By removing all of the folders and reinstalling them fresh it now works like a charm.  Kerbin's radius is 1500 km, and the mun is 28 million meters away.  Thanks for the assists!  And thanks for continuing to work on these mods, they make the game worth coming back to.

Edited by PTNLemay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.