Persist-o-mancy: MAC OSX to Windows - Advise Please?

Hello All,

I have a lightly modded (10-12 mods) OSX KSP 1.3.1, that I want to convert to a Win KSP 1.3.1, before I then let it update to 1.6.1.

However, this is the first time I am performing this kind of Wizardry....

Can someone please point me at a thread that advises what to do/not do, or provide a reply with instructions?

I think i just need to change the environment Info from OSX *** to the Windows *** version?

e.g.

envInfo =  - Environment Info - Unix 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP  - 
    versionFull = 1.3.1.1891 (OSXPlayer)
    versionCreated = 1.3.0.1804 (OSXPlayer)

@Mods, I was not sure where else to put the question, so please move if there is somewhere more appropriate.

3 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

@Mods, I was not sure where else to put the question, so please move if there is somewhere more appropriate.

This is a fine place for it.

I cannot help you on the exact transfer of the game, but it will all be for naught if you get to 1.6.1, and then realize one of your mods was never updated, so you game would be stuck in Win 1.3.1.    So go look up the mods you have to make sure this is even worth the effort first. 

12 hours ago, Gargamel said:

This is a fine place for it.

I cannot help you on the exact transfer of the game, but it will all be for naught if you get to 1.6.1, and then realize one of your mods was never updated, so you game would be stuck in Win 1.3.1.    So go look up the mods you have to make sure this is even worth the effort first. 

Thanks for confirming, fairly certain the mods are up to date, I want the transfer to Windows first.

3 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

Wouldn't it be much easier to just install the game on Windows and then copy your save files to the windows install?

Did try that but comes up incompatible.

Which is why I need the magic approach.

Edited by Pretorian28715
Typos

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, Pretorian28715 said:

Hello All,

envInfo =  - Environment Info - Unix 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP  - 
    versionFull = 1.3.1.1891 (OSXPlayer)
    versionCreated = 1.3.0.1804 (OSXPlayer)

So when installing the windows  ksp. you may want to

1st start at back level to 1.3.1 and install the mods as per @Gargamel verifying the version to be compatible at this stage, then coping your save and craft files to your new install

(the craft files aren't OS specific but do have paths to be followed--missionFlag = Squad/Flags/satellite).

this should function, once you get to this stage. I think you what you are asking about is the "data" in the persistent.sfs as posted above, and this would have to look like below for this 1.6.1 KSPe version::

GAME
{
    version = 1.6.1
    Title = Build (SANDBOX)
    Description = No description available.
    linkURL = 
    linkCaption = 
    Mode = SANDBOX
    Status = 1
    Seed = 2086842308
    scene = 5
    editor = None
    flag = Squad/Flags/satellite
    launchID = 1
    defaultVABLaunchSite = LaunchPad
    defaultSPHLaunchSite = Runway
    modded = True
    envInfo =  - Environment Info - Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe  - 
    versionFull = 1.6.1.2401 (WindowsPlayer x64)
    versionCreated = 1.6.1.2401 (WindowsPlayer x64).

HOWEVER.. there are a lot of pitfalls as explained by @Harry Rhodan because it gets deeper then just that info, in the file. and the fact that part names may have changed as well within a mod or squad. are real potentials for this to not work.

-- all info has to be updated to the mods of your system as well within as per below--(within persistent.sfs)

ex:

LoaderInfo
    {
        ModuleManager v4.0.2.0 = False
        000_AT_Utils v1.6.2.0 = True
        MiniAVC v1.2.0.6 = True
        ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.6.10 / v1.0.0.0 = True
        MiniAVC v1.0.3.2 = True
        USITools v1.0.0.0 = True
        ToolbarControl v0.1.6.20 / v1.0.0.0 = True
        AllYAll v0.11.16.3 / v1.0.0.0 = True
        B9AnimationModules v1.3.2.0 / vv1.3.2 = True
        B9PartSwitch v2.6.0.0 / vv2.6.0 = True

so you can get this info by

A: having a new ksp1.6.1 and mods installed, then

B: create a save, then extract the dataset of that saves persistent.sfs {from the new save} and

C: add the matching data to your old save and test.

and the  persistent.loadmeta data files,which have an md5 hash, should be ok from the OS move so that file just gets copied.  I am just curious, and don't like to loose my save either..

all this said 1.6.1 and MM have changed enough that this may all be for not, but in theory it could work

GL

Hope This helps HF

Jammer-TD

Edited by Jammer-TD
typo

On 3/4/2019 at 3:20 AM, Pretorian28715 said:

Did try that but comes up incompatible.

First off, keep an original, untouched copy of your saves.

Did you try creating a new savegame in Windows, and copying the lines you identified in the original post?

If that didn't work, Macs and PC use different end-of-line characters. You may need to do a find and replace on all of them, like is described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6373888/converting-newline-formatting-from-mac-to-windows

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.