Moho Moons Mod (1.7.3)

JacobJHC

Moho Moons Mod (1.7.3)

6CGANMs.png

Hello all, tired of spending all that fuel just to get to Moho with only a Mohole to explore? Well, do I have something for you. Introducing the Moho Moons mod!

What Does this Mod Add?

The Moho Moons Mod adds four moons and a submoon to the game's brown furnace. 

• Moho: Same as usual, but with a larger SOI to accommodate the far out moons.
    • Rotisserie: This moon is decently sized relative to Moho and grey in appearance, but boasts several impressive red craters. 
    • Honeybaked: This moon is a nice yellowish color and is a great contrast to the scorched brown of Moho. (Get them screenshots!)
    • Doroho: This moon is puzzling, and purple. It is thought to be a captured asteroid made from the same material as Eve. 
    • Antiopho: Nicknamed 'Sauna' this moon boasts giant lava oceans and an atmosphere 6% that of Kerbins. Despite the low pressure, flight can still be obtained there by ion gliders. 
      • Sohota: Antiopho's moon, Moho's submoon. This world is similar in shape to Doroho, only it is yellow like Honeybaked and has striped red like the moon it orbits. Landing will be easy, but finding a flat place won't.

To-Do List

• New biome maps
  • New color maps 
  • CTTP surface textures
  • Science definitions
  • Surface scatter

Pictures

Rotisserie:

Spoiler

2dyRPuF.jpg94mdFoi.png

Honeybaked:

Spoiler

Zaq9e3R.jpgGsfz0so.png

Doroho:

Spoiler

FMcWdYe.pngTtTpMMK.png

Antiopho:

Spoiler

P6WvGug.jpgYpMPfk2.png?1

Also the image up top, I left it out of the spoiler here so the mod could have a nice 'cover photo'.

Sohota:

Spoiler

BjwJaMZ.jpg

Download

Dependencies: 

• Kopernicus

https://spacedock.info/mod/2079/Moho Moons

All Rights Reserved

Edited by JacobJHC
Added to-do list

@JacobJHC Very nice mod ;)

Quick question tho... I'm far from being a licensing expert, even tho I stayed at a Holiday Inn last nite :P ...
But arent an ARR license (listed in the OP), and an MIT license (listed on the SpaceDock page), two completely opposite, incompatable licenses? vOv

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@JacobJHC Very nice mod ;)

Quick question tho... I'm far from being a licensing expert, even tho I stayed at a Holiday Inn last nite :P ...
But arent an ARR license (listed in the OP), and an MIT license (listed on the SpaceDock page), two completely opposite, incompatable licenses? vOv

Whoops my bad, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I will fix the spacedock license as soon as I can lol

@JacobJHC This looks interesting, and well done. I'll check it out!

13 hours ago, komodo said:

A++ for names.

Agreed!

11 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

... even tho I stayed at a Holiday Inn last nite :P ...

I literally spit coffee on my keyboard (and a little on my monitor).

Edited by leatherneck6017

If the pic in the OP shows Moho as the largest of those three dots in the sky, then that moon should be outside of Moho's SOI, and certainly outside of the realistic hill sphere.

Any moons of planets close to the Sun should be very close to the planet.

EDIT: These planets aren't bad designs, but I feel that they would all be much better if they were separate sup-evian planets instead of moons. After all, Moho is only the size of the Mun roughly, and yet it seems to have several mun-mass moons in your mod. I think it'd be a better system design to have maybe one small moon of Moho close in, but put the other moons in lower orbits. Moho is a really bad place to put a big sprawling Moon system like you have, as evidenced by the fact that you have had to artificially increase the SOI size to make it work.

Edited by GregroxMun

5 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

If the pic in the OP shows Moho as the largest of those three dots in the sky, then that moon should be outside of Moho's SOI, and certainly outside of the realistic hill sphere.

Any moons of planets close to the Sun should be very close to the planet.

EDIT: These planets aren't bad designs, but I feel that they would all be much better if they were separate sup-evian planets instead of moons. After all, Moho is only the size of the Mun roughly, and yet it seems to have several mun-mass moons in your mod. I think it'd be a better system design to have maybe one small moon of Moho close in, but put the other moons in lower orbits. Moho is a really bad place to put a big sprawling Moon system like you have, as evidenced by the fact that you have had to artificially increase the SOI size to make it work.

Noted. I plan on making more near-Moho worlds in the future and will probably make them sup-evian so they don't have that SOI issue. I kept them spaced apart trying to avoid a Tylo-Vall-Laythe situation where in real life Vall would have been ejected. I'm thinking of making a vulcanoid / hot Laythe expansion next, and I'll be sure to keep any moons close by the planet.

Thanks for saying the planets aren't bad designs. I would be lying if I said the Plod planet pack (my other pack) wasn't somewhat inspired by Planet End. :)

19 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Noted. I plan on making more near-Moho worlds in the future and will probably make them sup-evian so they don't have that SOI issue. I kept them spaced apart trying to avoid a Tylo-Vall-Laythe situation where in real life Vall would have been ejected. I'm thinking of making a vulcanoid / hot Laythe expansion next, and I'll be sure to keep any moons close by the planet.

Thanks for saying the planets aren't bad designs. I would be lying if I said the Plod planet pack (my other pack) wasn't somewhat inspired by Planet End. :)

Vall gets ejected because of its specific orbital resonance in combination with the large mass of Laythe and Tylo compared to Jool. But what baffles me is that you decided to try to make one unrealistic thing (tightly spaced moons) into another more fundamentally unrealistic and mildly stock-physics-breaking thing, super-spaced orbits.

It’s a neat idea, but all of these moons would have realistically crashed a long time ago with the sole exception of the captured asteroid perhaps. All these moons would be subsynchronous (is this the right word?) and would experience tidal drag all the time, which would destabilise them to such a point that they would crash. The asteroid might survive as it would be relatively recent right? So to me this idea is very unrealistic and stretching suspension of disbelief for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.