Mass Driver/Space Bridge

GoldForest

I was wonder if someone with knowledge of how to put buildings into KSP could create a Mass Driver/Space Bridge like the one in Ace Combat 5 or 7. A working one would be nice, but I know that is next to impossible. 

Here's a picture of what it looks like btw:

Spoiler

2000?cb=20131103054713

To get around the not working bit, maybe someone could create an indestructible sled with wheels? Or a part with so low friction that it can just speed up indefinitely? 

Anyway, I would love to see this concept brought into KSP. Three would be fantastic, one pointing 90 along equator then one 45 +/- from 90 degrees, but I would be happy with just the 90 degree one. 

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I was wonder if someone with knowledge of how to put buildings into KSP could create a Mass Driver/Space Bridge like the one in Ace Combat 5 or 7. A working one would be nice, but I know that is next to impossible. 

Here's a picture of what it looks like btw:

Reveal hidden contents

2000?cb=20131103054713

To get around the not working bit, maybe someone could create an indestructible sled with wheels? Or a part with so low friction that it can just speed up indefinitely? 

Anyway, I would love to see this concept brought into KSP. Three would be fantastic, one pointing 90 along equator then one 45 +/- from 90 degrees, but I would be happy with just the 90 degree one. 

Have you tried using Kerbal Konstructs?

10 hours ago, Nightside said:

Have you tried using Kerbal Konstructs?

I haven't seen or I'm just not seeing, what I'm looking for with KK.

10 hours ago, DStaal said:

Pathfinder actually has a working one - for some definitions of 'working'....  (It can ship resources to vessels with a part to receive them with.)

That's not the kind I'm looking for. I'm looking more for like a super long runway that curves upwards towards space. Like in the picture.

Edit: A super long runway that can support horizontally launching a rocket btw.

Edit 2: Something like this Old mod

Edited by GoldForest

@GoldForest No such mod exists that works at all or is designed for launching crafts along a physical ramp. You would have to build your own out of normal-looking runways in KK and it will have to be perfectly straight (no curves) as running across the bump or dip in the curve of a composite runway at supersonic speeds will easily destroy the ship.

Second what Jade said about building it yourself, and not working with KSP's wheel physics.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:33 PM, GoldForest said:

Edit 2: Something like this Old mod

Do have a download source for that? It could be doable to at least get the model working in modern KSP.

5 hours ago, Nightside said:

Second what Jade said about building it yourself, and not working with KSP's wheel physics.

Do have a download source for that? It could be doable to at least get the model working in modern KSP.

No, I do not. I'm not the mod author. And the author hasn't been on KSP in over a month. As for doing it myself, I have no modding experience really. 

Edited by GoldForest

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

No, I do not. I'm not the mod author. And the author hasn't been on KSP in over a month. As for doing it myself, I have no modding experience really. 

I looked through that thread and it seemed like people had been using it, but I didn’t see a link. 

If you are able to find it we may be able to get it working with Kerbal Konstructs.

But it would just be a prop, I don’t know how to make it functional.

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.