Action Groups - certain actions not mappable, bug?

Hello.

I'm going through some problems here and wonder if someone can clear it up.

I'm playing in career mode and have the basic Action Groups unlocked (Stage, gear, light...), but not the custom ones (1, 2, 3...).

What I've been doing is mapping some functions to these basic actions as it is a bit hard and annoying to try and click on that tiny object with the controller stick while everything is shaking and FPS is down.

The problem I'm having though is that some actions, such as Extend Solar Panel on the OX-4L 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels, are not mappable. That is, if I try mapping this action to the "Gear" action group nothing happens. The "Extend Solar Panel" function goes to the "Group Actions" window when I click it and then quickly goes back to the "Selection" window.

Is this a intended feature since I don't have the custom action groups unlocked or is it a bug? In the case it's the latter, anyone knows if there's already a bug report, for I couldn't find it on the bug tracker.

Thanks, and hopefully it's not too late to let the Devs aware of this problem!

• 4 weeks later...

How do I move camera up/down? How do I map the Extend/Retract of Solar Panels, Open/Close Cargo Doors, and the foldable antennae? I play on Xbox EE so if you can give me it that way it would be awesome!

Edited by Mikenike

On 3/5/2019 at 5:30 AM, PrvDancer85 said:

It's a bug. Many things u could do with actiongroups stoped working after the last update. Toggle landing gear is a great example.

And its already on the bugtracker

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/19997

Any idea if this has been fixed with the latest update?

The bug tracker progress bar is totally unrealible that I don't even know why it's there, as bugs which have been fixed are many times still at 0 or 10%.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:50 PM, Lein Armweek said:

Idk if it works for u, but the mapping of things works for me when I remove the cursor and use the highlight method instead. 

Thanks. I'll try this.

9 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Any idea if this has been fixed with the latest update?

No not really, u can put landinggear into customactiongroups now wich is pretty nice but it seems that the toggle function for alot of parts is still broken. For me it looks like its for parts that "open" like servicebays, cargoramp, inline docking ports, etc. Havent looked up sienceparts.

Edit

Thanks for the tip @Lein Armweek working highlight method also works for me

Another topic; my game keeps on crashing when i try to punch throu the atmosphere with an advanced grabbing unit. If i put the grabbing unit in a fairing it works. Could u confirm this? Im on ps4pro

Edit

Okay the grabbing unit has nothing to do with the game crashing, it crashes when the craft moves fast throu the atmosphere, i couldnt find a part or something that would cause this. 2000ms at 50km isnt that fast or is it?

Edited by PrvDancer85

4 hours ago, PrvDancer85 said:

2000ms at 50km isnt that fast or is it?

It does seem a bit fast, especially if we are talking about surface speed instead of orbital. Still, it shouldn't be an excuse for the game to crash.

I'll test this out in the Xbox as soon as I can.

I've had an SSTO blow up at around 4-500m/s below 2-3km and around 12-1300m/s at 10-15km altitude. It just snaps in half (pretty consistently too).

I'm not sure if its due to a fairing being part of the fuselage( it is a weak point after all) or that it's the same as you guys experience. I've had a few RUD's in those speed ranges atleast which seems suspicious to me. (I can pitch and bank the craft heavy/wild at all speeds except those mentioned)

Done some more testing, if I fly the ssto level at low altitude, i can speed up all I want but the slightest control input will snap it in half at speeds above 330m/s. While not directly related to the game crashing itself i still find the coincidence of these events suspicious. It seems to me excessive drag forces are induced somehow, maybe those can lead to crashes aswell. 

Edited by Cruss

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.