Good Bye

DocMoriarty

Once KSP really was a good game but I'm slowly getting seriously tired constantly having to work around age old and new bugs. The absolute killer is the wobble to death bug which continues to kill my save games badly in the current version (1.6.0.x). Once you create ships and stations that are a tad above newbie level the game gets practically unplayable. Not to mention tons of bugs with items that have never been addressed. Claw totally useless these days ...

Take care everyone. It was nice as long as it lasted.

Edited by DocMoriarty

Before a dozen people try to offer you advice...I just need to ask...is this actually a  plea for help or are you really done trying?

[snip]

Thanks!  :) 

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Before a dozen people try to offer you advice...I just need to ask...is this actually a  plea for help or are you really done trying?

[snip]

Thanks!  :) 

He's been around a long time.  I can relate.  Myself, I've grown tired of restarting.

26 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

He's been around a long time.  I can relate.  Myself, I've grown tired of restarting.

Oh man...I get it too and am sad that he's done...I just know how helpful this community is when someone has a problem.

I'd hate for people to write chapters of advice on struts, autostruts, KJR, different station designs, use of reaction wheels, etc etc etc if the OP is seriously done and not looking for advice.  :) 

I've quit so many games in my life. I don't know of any where I announced it on their forum though.

Most recently, I gave up on Rimworld and am seriously considering not playing Factorio again, after starting a new game for the first time in the new beta is just not interesting me.

I don't know where I'm going with that but sometimes, you get tired of playing a game. I suspect that while you think you can't handle the bugs what's actually happening is that you're bored with the game, and the bugs are just more annoying now that you don't have anything fun to do around them.

And that's okay. No experience in life is going to capture your attention forever. Even this one.

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I've quit so many games in my life. I don't know of any where I announced it on their forum though.

In fact, almost every game I've ever owned!

To be honest, I got everything I wanted from KSP already, quite a while ago (I really went for it though, hundreds of mods). I have more hours on KSP than any other game I have ever played.

There is no game that is perpetually playable, nor any game that can remain "the best" perpetually - there are excellent new games coming out all the time.

What I can say though, is that there is no other game that I have remained an active member of the community for, especially once the game leaves my "current" list. 

I think that is a great comment on the quality of the game itself, the developers and the community which they have attracted (one of the best, all-around communities on the web IMO, whether you're into rocketry/science or not.)

So Long Doc, have fun out there!

Edited by p1t1o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.