Custom Flags

Here is a simple wiki on making KSP flags.

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Create_custom_flags!

They have to be .png files at 256x160 pixels in dimention. The simple way I do it is to just make a copy of any of the default flags in the GameData/Squad/Flags folder, remove the previous design, add my own and then save it under a new name.

You can place them inside the default KSP flags folder at "Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Squad/Flags". Or you should be able to make any new folder in the GameData folder as long as you have a folder called "Flags" they should show up in the game.

Edited by HvP

I just searched for a png file of certain size, downloaded it, and then just put it in the flags folder of SQUAD. That's how I got the Slovakia flag (for my EuroScience game)

16 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

The easiest way to avoid problems is to take one of the stock flags, copy it, superimpose your own image onto it, and save it back to the same folder you copied it from. 

Almost.

Copy it, _blank it_ then paste your own image. Many logos looks best with transparent background.

Another tip is to create your own directory under GameData and save your own stuff there.

Makes it easy to transfer when upgrading.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.