[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Well, first you need to add liquid hydrogen to the game, because it doesn't exist out of the box. You can do this either by installing a mod that adds it for you, or by writing a RESOURCE_DEFINITION{ } yourself. See ...\GameData\Squad\Resources\ResourcesGeneric.cfg for reference.

Then, you can mod the engine itself. You can edit the part config file directly, but I advise against that; use Module Manager instead. It ships together with Restock, so you don't need to install it. Module Manager's syntax is documented in its own thread here on the forums, and is very easy to learn.

To switch fuel types, you need to delete the PROPELLANT{ name = LiquidFuel } node inside MODULE{ name = ModuleEnginesFX }. You then add a new PROPELLANT{ } node for the liquid hydrogen. Choose the ratio field so that your desired mixture ratio is achieved. In order to change the engine's specific impulse, modify atmosphereCurve{ }. Finally, if you want to change thrust as well, the field maxThrust should be self-explanatory.

Of course, that doesn't let you build a rocket just yet. You also need fuel tanks that store liquid hydrogen. You can, again, install a mod that provides some, or make your own with Module Manager by copying a stock fuel tank and replacing its RESOURCE{ } node(s).

Awesome, I already have liquid hydrogen from community resource pack and practically every mod nertea makes, thanks

1 hour ago, CrazyNubbins said:

Ok, maybe this will seem like an odd question, but the only thing I don't like about Restocked is the orange option for the fairings. How would I go about deleting the textures for that option?

Why would you want to delete it? Simply not using it would save you alot of the stress.

1 hour ago, CrazyNubbins said:

Ok, maybe this will seem like an odd question, but the only thing I don't like about Restocked is the orange option for the fairings. How would I go about deleting the textures for that option?

You can go into the part whitelist file and blacklist files to change the retextures, I think of I can remember correctly parts in the .blacklist file will stop them from being retextured. You also need to go into the patches and delete the parts name. I forget some of the details but it is easy and intuitive once you get the hang of it

@Nertea, would you consider expanding Restock or Restock+ to update the Mk2 and Mk3 parts at some point in the future?

Those aero parts look dated and limited compared to the rest with restock installed.

Keeping to the idea of parts needing variants and parts notable for their absence, some ideas I'd like to see are listed below:

-Mk2 nose cone with lines like the Mk2 Cockpit, possibly a drone/probe core.
-Mk2 intake, possibly a ramscoop and conical versions (variants of same part?)
-Mk2 engine, RAPIER Linear aerospike? OPT has a great looking part like this as a "turboramjet" but a dual mode engine feels right for this size. Maybe a compact version that can be stacked linearly?
-Mk2 precooler,
-Mk2 service bay
-Mk2 engine adapter with 1x 1.25m mount and 2x 0.625m mounts?

-Mk3 crew compartments with cargo variant that has hollow, service bay like area above and below crew compartment. Version with ramp.
-Mk3 to 2.5m conical section with crew compartment, and hollow cargo bay versions
-Mk3 ramp with symmetrical clamshell shape for rocket bodies.
-Mk3 hi-tech cockpit, like B9's ancient, but stylish one, not a shuttle design.

I've tried to stay away from stuff that would better suit NF Aero, which as far as I could determine, was more focussed on the introduction of larger and more exotic propulsion options and integration with the Mk4 hull.
If NF Aero is ever revived, I'd love to see those engines again, as well as half-round parts to expand the Mk3 hull to something like a larger Mk2. Again, B9 Aero did this way back when, but it really worked aesthetically. I think that might actually be where Mk3 came from.

19 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

You can go into the part whitelist file and blacklist files to change the retextures, I think of I can remember correctly parts in the .blacklist file will stop them from being retextured. You also need to go into the patches and delete the parts name. I forget some of the details but it is easy and intuitive once you get the hang of it

Which file do I need to blacklist? I added all the fairing.mu to the restocked blacklist and I removed the orange textures from Restocked folder, but now when I select the orange texture option I get a sort of flat grey.

18 minutes ago, CrazyNubbins said:

Which file do I need to blacklist? I added all the fairing.mu to the restocked blacklist and I removed the orange textures from Restocked folder, but now when I select the orange texture option I get a sort of flat grey.

I honestly forget, I did it a while ago with trial and error but later I stopped doing it

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I honestly forget, I did it a while ago with trial and error but later I stopped doing it

Ok, I tried listing some of the other files and got the same result. If you or someone else knows/can remember what files need to be deleted or blacklisted I'd really appreciate the advice. I like the normal Making History textures for the orange and would love to have them back.

23 hours ago, CrazyNubbins said:

If you only want to change that option (and leave the rest of the options alone), I can't give you a quick guide. It is nontrivial and you're better off just turning off fairing replacements if you're not familiar with module manager. 

21 hours ago, Gryphorim said:

@Nertea, would you consider expanding Restock or Restock+ to update the Mk2 and Mk3 parts at some point in the future?

Those aero parts look dated and limited compared to the rest with restock installed.

Keeping to the idea of parts needing variants and parts notable for their absence, some ideas I'd like to see are listed below:

-Mk2 nose cone with lines like the Mk2 Cockpit, possibly a drone/probe core.
-Mk2 intake, possibly a ramscoop and conical versions (variants of same part?)
-Mk2 engine, RAPIER Linear aerospike? OPT has a great looking part like this as a "turboramjet" but a dual mode engine feels right for this size. Maybe a compact version that can be stacked linearly?
-Mk2 precooler,
-Mk2 service bay
-Mk2 engine adapter with 1x 1.25m mount and 2x 0.625m mounts?

-Mk3 crew compartments with cargo variant that has hollow, service bay like area above and below crew compartment. Version with ramp.
-Mk3 to 2.5m conical section with crew compartment, and hollow cargo bay versions
-Mk3 ramp with symmetrical clamshell shape for rocket bodies.
-Mk3 hi-tech cockpit, like B9's ancient, but stylish one, not a shuttle design.

I've tried to stay away from stuff that would better suit NF Aero, which as far as I could determine, was more focussed on the introduction of larger and more exotic propulsion options and integration with the Mk4 hull.
If NF Aero is ever revived, I'd love to see those engines again, as well as half-round parts to expand the Mk3 hull to something like a larger Mk2. Again, B9 Aero did this way back when, but it really worked aesthetically. I think that might actually be where Mk3 came from.

I think the aero parts are fine, we're not going to be replacing them beyond adding some normal maps to the ones that lack them. 

That list of parts is certainly not going to happen. Mk3 expansion/ Mk2 expansion probably have most of those. 

5 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I think the aero parts are fine, we're not going to be replacing them beyond adding some normal maps to the ones that lack them. 

That list of parts is certainly not going to happen. Mk3 expansion/ Mk2 expansion probably have most of those. 

Fair enough. I feel the Mk3 parts have a lot of unused space around the crew cabin, and the tapered adapters are a little restrictive, but I understand the workload involved here. Wishful thinking on my part, for sure, and a little nostalgia for NF Aero.

The Mk2/Mk3 expansions are really good and comprehensive, though they have a different visual style to your work. I had hoped for a NF style pack that handled Mk2 and 3 to keep the aesthetics and balance 100% consistent.
As things stand now, I like the OPT pack for spaceplanes, and used to combine with NF Aero if available, or FFT for really crazy spaceplane designs.

Great mod! I have been using this mod for quite a while now. I only have one question, does this mod (ReStock) count as a part mod or a visual mod? I have been in some discussions online and the community seems to disagree on what it is. Can I get some clarification? Thanks so much, and, again, great mod.

19 hours ago, The KSP Maniac said:

Great mod! I have been using this mod for quite a while now. I only have one question, does this mod (ReStock) count as a part mod or a visual mod? I have been in some discussions online and the community seems to disagree on what it is. Can I get some clarification? Thanks so much, and, again, great mod.

I think that Restock is, by itself, a visual mod, whereas Restock Plus is more of a parts mod.

Please don't take me seriously, I'm not involved with the mod.

Edited by Mountain Parrot

I'm getting an error during loading where it is surprised that the FL-T100 through 800 are still there and an error appears in the log. I figured they were just missing from the blacklist but that didn't solve it. This could be unrelated but I am having an issue with those tanks where reloading/copying these tanks causes attachment nodes to shrink into the model and basically crumple the rocket. It wouldn't bother me other than the texture glitch it causes bydoing this. The only way to fix it is by replacing each tank in the build.  

KSP Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzfoj7xVsr-0k0vROBqV08CLG-sZQndK/view?usp=sharing

Edited by kirmie44
spelling error

14 hours ago, kirmie44 said:

I'm getting an error during loading where it is surprised that the FL-T100 through 800 are still there and an error appears in the log. I figured they were just missing from the blacklist but that didn't solve it. This could be unrelated but I am having an issue with those tanks where reloading/copying these tanks causes attachment nodes to shrink into the model and basically crumple the rocket. It wouldn't bother me other than the texture glitch it causes bydoing this. The only way to fix it is by replacing each tank in the build.  

KSP Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzfoj7xVsr-0k0vROBqV08CLG-sZQndK/view?usp=sharing

Nothing to do with the blacklist.  Squad moved those files a few KSP versions ago, but Steam leaves the old versions around for some reason.  The solution is to completely remove GameData/Squad and then validate your local files in Steam so that it will re-acquire it.

7 hours ago, blowfish said:

The solution is to completely remove GameData/Squad and then validate your local files in Steam so that it will re-acquire it.

Thanks for the help! I hope this fixes the tank node issue too. 

1 hour ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

Hi Guys I have one question regarding Restock+

Why parts can radially be attached to the Convert-O Tron 125 but not on the Bigger 250 ISRU ?

Stock thing as far as I know. 

Edit: if the 250 is New, I’m guessing they borrowed from the stock big ISRU, which has this behavior. 

Edited by Jognt

Hello everyone, I'm encountering quite a strange bug on my playthrough. Whenever I use the 3.75m engine plate on a craft, it stays stuck to the launchpad. It not affected by thrust nor gravity. Even using hack gravity or cheating my way in orbit doesn't fix it. But decoupling the stage that contains the part solves the problem. I will try to find more about this but is anyone having the same issue ?

5 minutes ago, BarnabeLEPD said:

Hello everyone, I'm encountering quite a strange bug on my playthrough. Whenever I use the 3.75m engine plate on a craft, it stays stuck to the launchpad. It not affected by thrust nor gravity. Even using hack gravity or cheating my way in orbit doesn't fix it. But decoupling the stage that contains the part solves the problem. I will try to find more about this but is anyone having the same issue ?

Which KSP release ? Last RS+ release ? Do you have Making History ?

40 minutes ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

Which KSP release ? Last RS+ release ? Do you have Making History ?

Sorry I didn't think of saying this in my first post. KSP 1.8.1, with last restock releases and MH. Everything works fine when I remove restock.

57 minutes ago, BarnabeLEPD said:

Sorry I didn't think of saying this in my first post. KSP 1.8.1, with last restock releases and MH. Everything works fine when I remove restock.

This is fixed in the release we just did, we hadn't noticed that Squad changed the engine plate masses in 1.9 and were using those. This caused some problems with 1.8 users. 

Oh here's the release. 

Restock 1.1.2

• Changed ModuleManager pass from [Restock] to [000_Restock]
  • Fixed engine plate compatability with stock vessels by moving boattails to the end of the variant list
  • Fixed engine plate negative masses when used in KSP 1.8.x by setting the part mass to the 1.9.x values. This comes at the expense of affecting part balance when used in 1.8.x.
  • Tuned 2.5m heatshield texture
  • Tuned 1.875m heatshield top ring dimensions
  • Fixed some collider inconsistencies (#862)
  • Reworked hierarchy of LT-1 and LT-2 landing legs to help address weakness issues (#858)
  • Added patch for KerbalFoundries to work with ReStock models

Restock+ 1.1.2

•  Fixed engine plate node sizes all being size 1
  •  Fixed engine plates allowing crossfeed through their bottom node
  •  Fixed radius of 3.75m spherical tank
  •  Tuned 1.875m heatshield top ring dimensions

Well isn't that timely :D

P.S. I'm not sure this is even worth a hotfix, but the boattail variants of the engine plates don't show up in the variants menu. You can still select them using the arrows though. I thought this was worth mentioning. Many thanks for the update !

Edited by BarnabeLEPD

2 hours ago, BarnabeLEPD said:

Well isn't that timely :D

P.S. I'm not sure this is even worth a hotfix, but the boattail variants of the engine plates don't show up in the variants menu. You can still select them using the arrows though. I thought this was worth mentioning. Many thanks for the update !

They’ve been moved to the end of the list. You have to scroll to see them