[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

1 minute ago, somnambulist said:

There's a mod which fixes that — last updated for 1.7 but it's running fine in 1.8.1

The last time I used that mod, I couldn't launch any crewed rockets without the crew seats having the first available Kerbal(s) assigned to them and I couldn't remove or change them. I also find the mini-klaw useful for dragging the pods etc. out of orbit and getting rid of them; the whole thing costs about 2000 funds and weighs under half a ton so the klaw isn't really having  an adverse impact, but my mod list runs to over a hundred already!

4 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

Is it possible to ignore the restock of certain props? I just want the stock rapier look.

This will probably work (I'm assuming you know how to backup your save and re-install if it doesn't):

Using a text editor, like Notepad, go into Restock.restockblacklist and delete the line for Squad/Parts/Engine/rapierEngine/ and save it.  This should prevent ReStock from blocking the Stock model from being loaded.

Then, go to ReStock\Patches\Engine and find restock-engines-jet.cfg.  The Rapier appears to be the only engine in this .cfg file, so your options are:

1) Delete the file completely (or, if at some point, more engines are added, delete all the lines that fall under the Rapier section).

2) If you want to keep the ReStock special effects, you might be able to clip out all the lines relating to the mesh and model, between the author and EFFECTS, but this line may be problematic:

@PART[RAPIER]:HAS[~RestockIgnore[*]]:FOR[ReStock]

I think you can get by with just @PART[RAPIER], to tell it that everything after gets applied to the Rapier.  There's a Wiki here...

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Syntax

...but I've been learning syntax the same way Antonio Banderas learned how to speak to Vikings in The 13th Warrior....

Remedial action, in case this screws everything up, should be to close KSP, delete your ReStock folder, and then just re-install ReStock.  Side effects may include harmless tech tree duplicates that won't go away unless you start a new game, so I would experiment with this in a new-start Career game.  Or better yet, create a separate, bare bones, install of KSP under a different folder and experiment in that.

The top post lists a current issue as "RemoteTech: Some parts will need to be whitelisted, no ETA" but doesn't go into more detail. If I try to use this with RemoteTech, will anything actually break, or will there just be a graphical issue?

20 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

Is it possible to ignore the restock of certain props? I just want the stock rapier look.

There continues to be a guide on the wiki.https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/wiki/Restoring-Stock-Parts

9 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

is there a way to have the stock Mastodon texture as a model switch

Fundamentally yes, but it is not trivial.

43 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Im down for a challenge, First step would to whitelist the stock part and i know how to do that. What would be step 2

You'll have to integrate the model for both parts into the configuration file. Then you will need to somehow jam the two part switcher modules together.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:14 PM, KSPrynk said:

This will probably work (I'm assuming you know how to backup your save and re-install if it doesn't):

Using a text editor, like Notepad, go into Restock.restockblacklist and delete the line for Squad/Parts/Engine/rapierEngine/ and save it.  This should prevent ReStock from blocking the Stock model from being loaded.

Then, go to ReStock\Patches\Engine and find restock-engines-jet.cfg.  The Rapier appears to be the only engine in this .cfg file, so your options are:

1) Delete the file completely (or, if at some point, more engines are added, delete all the lines that fall under the Rapier section).

2) If you want to keep the ReStock special effects, you might be able to clip out all the lines relating to the mesh and model, between the author and EFFECTS, but this line may be problematic:

@PART[RAPIER]:HAS[~RestockIgnore[*]]:FOR[ReStock]

I think you can get by with just @PART[RAPIER], to tell it that everything after gets applied to the Rapier.  There's a Wiki here...

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Syntax

...but I've been learning syntax the same way Antonio Banderas learned how to speak to Vikings in The 13th Warrior....

Remedial action, in case this screws everything up, should be to close KSP, delete your ReStock folder, and then just re-install ReStock.  Side effects may include harmless tech tree duplicates that won't go away unless you start a new game, so I would experiment with this in a new-start Career game.  Or better yet, create a separate, bare bones, install of KSP under a different folder and experiment in that.

So if I wanted to keep the engine changes but not the texture I could just comment out the texture load for example?

2 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

So if I wanted to keep the engine changes but not the texture I could just comment out the texture load for example?

afaik, you would have to whitelist the stock rapier model, and either remove the ReStock cfg line that replaces the model, or revert the changes in a custom patch in a later pass. I recommend the latter.

For details on those steps, check the ModuleManager and ReStock wiki.

So I noticed something weird with the rigid legs, when I press G to toggle them on, theres no animation and they just instantly go to the open state. But the retract animation is fine. idk how to get logs but if u guys need just tell me how.

And heres the gamedata folder of mine (+ modulemanager 4.1.3 but its not showing here)

FGghufJ.png

19 minutes ago, Greyyy said:

So I noticed something weird with the rigid legs, when I press G to toggle them on, theres no animation and they just instantly go to the open state. But the retract animation is fine. idk how to get logs but if u guys need just tell me how.

And heres the gamedata folder of mine (+ modulemanager 4.1.3 but its not showing here)

<snip> image </snip>

You can find your KSP log under the main KSP directory of where it is installed, search for KSP.txt, that is your log file... upload it to a server so others can download it and view your log.

Hey @Nertea, I noticed a problem with 1.10 and Restock, the model for the new Magnetometer part is blacklisted and prevents the part from loading.  I'll make a whitelist file for now so I can try using it. I haven't seen any other issues yet.

Fairings are completely nonfunctional with ReStock and 1.10, you can place the fairing base down, but there's no way to build the fairing. Unless I'm missing it, the magnetometer boom also isn't showing up in the parts list. Also, the new skin for the original asteroid claw turns the ReStock model a weird gray color, although I assume that was to be expected.

4 minutes ago, Nertea said:

what the heck do you think it's marked for 1.9

So you don't want to hear about problems with 1.10?  I and many users realize this hasn't been updated in the few hours 1.10 has been live, but we will try it out anyway. Do you want feedback on what's found?

37 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

So you don't want to hear about problems with 1.10?  I and many users realize this hasn't been updated in the few hours 1.10 has been live, but we will try it out anyway. Do you want feedback on what's found?

Perhaps Nertea is aware of the problems that may be caused and wants to get feedback after he would recompile the mod for 1.10. That reply seems somewhat rude regardless.

Well, first the obvious problems need to be fixed, as Squad had overhauled more than a few parts and added others. Some of these changes are quite large. This update may be a bit disruptive to ReStock/ReStock Plus because of the number of part additions.

I, for one, am looking forward to Restock's next update, which no doubt will address issues such as:

• their own mini claw
  • the lengthened variant poodle
  • and the variants and changes to fairings. 

This will take a few weeks I know as it did on the update to 1.9.1 which had to integrate the squad changes to mainsail and skipper.

I don't expect to be able to use ReStock, or any other mod that only supports what it claims to support before it is updated, and if I have an issue with something then I'm likely to post bugs to Github.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit
formatting for clarity