[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

37 minutes ago, matiasb said:

What about using ReStock and Stock textures? Forgive my ignorance

It's a similar process, but instead of doing the "_disable" step, you change the '@' to a '+' in the part definition and then add a line inside the brackets where you change the name, '@name = some_new_name_here'. The linked document above goes over the process and shows an example in the "Optional: Make Both Available" section at the bottom.

13 minutes ago, Swack67 said:

I just updated to 1.10.0 and now I think my ksp looks like garbage because i got use to this mod. Does anyone know when or if this mod is coming to 1.10.0.

It's not coming to 1.10.0 because of the fairing bug. 

It will be coming to 1.10.1.

13 minutes ago, Swack67 said:

I just updated to 1.10.0 and now I think my ksp looks like garbage because i got use to this mod. Does anyone know when or if this mod is coming to 1.10.0.

Check the previous page for info on when it's coming out for 1.10

Jesus ... I think I lost most of my brain cells reading through the last few pages . Is it really this difficult for people to flick through the last few pages to see if their question has been answered already ? The sad thing is this happens with every single update , and every single mod .

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Jesus ... I think I lost most of my brain cells reading through the last few pages . Is it really this difficult for people to flick through the last few pages to see if their question has been answered already ? The sad thing is this happens with every single update , and every single mod .

yeah i mean i knew since a few of these restock stuff were coming to stock that it wouldn't come to 1.10 probably and these guys are like "is it coming to 1.10?" then @Nertea says "no it's difficult to do it" then that happens again 3 pages later.

Edited by Kraken that doesn't exist

Possibly not.  

2 hours ago, dlrk said:

Is the current restock/restock+ version backwards compatible to 1.8.1?

But if you go to SpaceDock you will be able to download ealier 1.8.1 compatable versions.   

Give it a go and see!

Awesome mod! I can't believe I haven't seen this before!

On 7/15/2020 at 5:34 PM, Swack67 said:

It seems to work for me. Can't guarantee there won't be any errors though.

57 minutes ago, Drakkith said:

It seems to work for me. Can't guarantee there won't be any errors though.

It s not compatible with 1.10 . Don t use it with 1.10 . Nertea has said this twice now .

Edited by sslaptnhablhat

On 7/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, dlrk said:

Is the current restock/restock+ version backwards compatible to 1.8.1?

I'm using it in my 1.8.1 install, and it's working fine :D
Correction: I *thought* I was; I'm a version or two behind, it turns out. However, I can confirm the first 1.9.1-compatable release of Restock is 1.8.1 compatable.

Edited by Alex33212

43 minutes ago, Drupegod02 said:

I understand that i shouldn't use this mod in 1.10 but if i uninstall it, all of my ships disappear and idk how to fix that

Use multiple installs of KSP.  Never update your main install of KSP, just download the new version and test it out with mods until things seem stable, then copy save folder over.

Edited by MashAndBangers

13 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Use multiple installs of KSP.  Never update your main install of KSP, just download the new version and test it out with mods until things seem stable, then copy save folder over.

what? i dont understand what you mean

1 hour ago, Drupegod02 said:

what? i dont understand what you mean

One of the nice things about KSP is that you can copy the game folder into other locations and it will run. The advantage of this is you can have different game versions existing on you computer and all of them will run. What @MashAndBangers is saying is not to use your steam install to play KSP. Copy everything from your KSP Steam install and paste it in a new folder somewhere else. Put all your mods in the new folder and use that install to play KSP. When a new version comes out (1.10 for example), repeat the process to make a new install outside of Steam. Begin putting compatible mods in the new install, as they come available, until both gamedata folders look the same. Then copy over your savegames from the install you played before the update, and you should be able to pick up where you left off.

6 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

I understand that i shouldn't use this mod in 1.10 but if i uninstall it, all of my ships disappear and idk how to fix that

You can always make backups of craft files and your savegames, just copy over C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Ships to a new location on your harddrive, this way you can always put them back when you want to

7 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

That shouldn't happen unless you also have Restock+ (which adds new parts).