[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Agustin said:

Если бы у меня был мод расширений MK2 / 3, у меня были бы проблемы, верно? У кого-нибудь есть патч, который это исправляет?

Update MK2/MK3. In new releases added white lists. No more trouble. Almost)))))

Any idea what's up with this odd little bit floating in front of the RA-100 Relay Antenna?

qX0x2ko.png

This is on a brand-new reinstall of KSP (1.7.3) and Restock/Plus 0.1.4 (though it is using a save from a previous install). I'm not seeing it on the RA-2 or RA-15. Other mods (as pulled from CKAN):

Spoiler

{
    "kind": "metapackage",
    "abstract": "A list of modules installed on the portable KSP instance",
    "name": "installed-portable",
    "license": "unknown",
    "version": "2019.07.27.05.28.35",
    "identifier": "installed-portable",
    "spec_version": "v1.6",
    "recommends": [
        {
            "name": "B9PartSwitch"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityResourcePack"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityTechTree"
        },
        {
            "name": "CryoEngines"
        },
        {
            "name": "CryoTanks"
        },
        {
            "name": "CryoTanks-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "DeployableEngines"
        },
        {
            "name": "DynamicBatteryStorage"
        },
        {
            "name": "HeatControl"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAtomics"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport"
        },
        {
            "name": "MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModuleManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureConstruction"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureElectrical"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureElectrical-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureLaunchVehicles"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureProps"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFuturePropulsion"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSolar"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSolar-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSpacecraft"
        },
        {
            "name": "StationPartsExpansionRedux"
        },
        {
            "name": "RasterPropMonitor"
        },
        {
            "name": "RasterPropMonitor-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "UniversalStorage2"
        },
        {
            "name": "DMagicOrbitalScience"
        },
        {
            "name": "ManeuverNodeEvolved"
        },
        {
            "name": "SCANsat"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractsWindowPlus"
        },
        {
            "name": "Toolbar"
        },
        {
            "name": "ProgressParser"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractParser"
        },
        {
            "name": "ClickThroughBlocker"
        },
        {
            "name": "DockingPortAlignmentIndicator"
        },
        {
            "name": "EditorExtensionsRedux"
        },
        {
            "name": "kOSforAll"
        },
        {
            "name": "PreciseManeuver"
        },
        {
            "name": "JanitorsCloset"
        },
        {
            "name": "kOS"
        },
        {
            "name": "AGExt"
        },
        {
            "name": "AviationLights"
        },
        {
            "name": "DockRotate"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalEngineerRedux"
        },
        {
            "name": "ToolbarController"
        },
        {
            "name": "RecycledPartsAtomicAge"
        },
        {
            "name": "ReStock"
        },
        {
            "name": "ReStockPlus"
        },
        {
            "name": "IndicatorLights"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAlarmClock"
        },
        {
            "name": "NovaPunchRebalanced"
        },
        {
            "name": "PreciseEditor"
        },
        {
            "name": "RecycledPartsRSCapsuledyne"
        },
        {
            "name": "SmartParts"
        },
        {
            "name": "SpaceY-Expanded"
        },
        {
            "name": "SpaceY-Lifters"
        },
        {
            "name": "SuperfluousNodes"
        },
        {
            "name": "surfacelights"
        },
        {
            "name": "TriggerAu-Flags"
        },
        {
            "name": "NovaPunchRebalanced-Freyja"
        },
        {
            "name": "NovaPunchRebalanced-Odin"
        },
        {
            "name": "NovaPunchRebalanced-Thor"
        },
        {
            "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "BDAnimationModules"
        },
        {
            "name": "EVAStruts"
        },
        {
            "name": "EVATransfer"
        },
        {
            "name": "TrackingStationEvolved"
        },
        {
            "name": "TweakScale"
        },
        {
            "name": "OneWindow"
        },
        {
            "name": "WaypointManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbnetController"
        },
        {
            "name": "ScienceRelay"
        },
        {
            "name": "PWBFuelBalancerRestored"
        }
    ]
}

If there's any other info to pull please let me know. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, madindehead said:

Out of interest: When are you going to be reworking the art for the Kerbodyne S4 parts that were adding in Missing History? Just curious.

You can go to https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/projects and check if the parts you are looking for are listed anywhere in the 0.2.0 or 0.3.0 release roadmaps.

Tangentially related, but related enough:
screenshot24.png
screenshot25.png
screenshot29.png
It's probably not going into ReStock as it uses NFProps, but the general idea was the same. I'm not really sure how to be distribute those, SSPX or even NFProps itself could be a good place for it.

Well, at least if @Nertea finally checks his PM box... 

I'm having a small issue with ReStock & ReStock+ in my 1.7.3 game, where some parts show a different default variant in the tech tree compared to the VAB.

For example, most engines are shown with their boattail variant in the tech tree, but not in the VAB.  Some fuel tanks are also different colours, such as the 2.5m tanks being metal in the tech tree but white and black in the VAB.

Interestingly enough, hovering over the part in the tech tree displays the default VAB variant in the infobox.

See this screenshot for example:

Spoiler

mNdMOwy.png

I do have a few mods installed, but have just verified that the issue also occurs in a stock install of KSP 1.7.3 with ReStock 0.1.4, ReStock+ 0.1.4 and ModuleManager 4.0.2.

Is anyone else having the same problem?  And is this a known issue?  Thanks!

Edited by Tommy59375

2 hours ago, Tommy59375 said:

I'm having a small issue with ReStock & ReStock+ in my 1.7.3 game, where some parts show a different default variant in the tech tree compared to the VAB.

For example, most engines are shown with their boattail variant in the tech tree, but not in the VAB.  Some fuel tanks are also different colours, such as the 2.5m tanks being metal in the tech tree but white and black in the VAB.

Interestingly enough, hovering over the part in the tech tree displays the default VAB variant in the infobox.

See this screenshot for example:

Reveal hidden contents

mNdMOwy.png

I do have a few mods installed, but have just verified that the issue also occurs in a stock install of KSP 1.7.3 with ReStock 0.1.4, ReStock+ 0.1.4 and ModuleManager 4.0.2.

Is anyone else having the same problem?  And is this a known issue?  Thanks!

I've definitely seen this before, in bog standard stock. Sometimes the variant system doesn't work in the tech tree - don't know why though!

3 hours ago, Tommy59375 said:

I've noticed that too, but the impression I got is that it was just drawing all the available variant meshes at the same time.  I'm pretty sure I saw what looked like Z-fighting between different color variants on one of those tech-tree thumbnails.  (But I can't remember which part it was, and I can't find it looking through the tech tree now, so I might be mistaken.)

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

I've definitely seen this before, in bog standard stock. Sometimes the variant system doesn't work in the tech tree - don't know why though!

Thanks for confirming; kinda annoying it's a stock issue though!

39 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

I've noticed that too, but the impression I got is that it was just drawing all the available variant meshes at the same time.  I'm pretty sure I saw what looked like Z-fighting between different color variants on one of those tech-tree thumbnails.  (But I can't remember which part it was, and I can't find it looking through the tech tree now, so I might be mistaken.)

I can't say I'm seeing any Z-fighting in the tech tree either, although this would seem like a plausible explanation as to why it's always the boattail designs that get shown.

I think I might have just discovered another issue, although I'm not yet entirely sure what's causing it and I'm fairly sure that this one's going to be much harder to diagnose.

Some of my "Test xyz" contracts are being failed, even though their timers are nowhere near running out and I haven't done anything wrong which would cause them to be failed.  This seems to only occur on a scene change.  So far I have had this happen with: RT-5 & RT-10 boosters, and Mk-1 capsule.

This gives me a somewhat garbled message through the in-game messaging system:

Uz39vRk.png

(Don't worry too much about the specific funds & reputation penalties, I'm using custom difficulty options.)

Here's a spreadsheet containing a list of my installed mods and their version numbers, as well as my KSP.LOG output_log.txt file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yLIyiIlQ2O76Bs8E1ela8dc5i3HzgsNW

I really have no idea how to read the log file but if anyone might be able to provide some insight, then I can try to reproduce the issue more reliably.

Performing a Google search for "Test No situation report available" (with the quotes) leads me here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/109145-17-mk2-expansion-v1841-update-4232019/page/23/&tab=comments#comment-2496595, where a user by the name of tfiskgul seems to be encountering the same issue as a result of renamed parts in one of his mods.

That's what made me think this was perhaps an issue with ReStock, rather than one of my other mods.  Would you be able to shed any light on this for me?

Edited by Tommy59375
output_log.txt instead of ksp.log

How can I replace a ReStock part with a stock part ? If I understand correctly, I have to remove the part's config in "Pactches" and remove the stock part's file name from the blacklist file ?

Edit : I am trying to replace the ReStock HECS2 with the stock one. I have removed the HECS2 part from Patches/Command/ReStockProbes.cfg, the Parts/Misc/AsteroidDay/HECS2.mu and Parts/Misc/AsteroidDay/hecs* from the blacklist, and the HECS2 assets from Assets/Command. The part is showing on the editor, but it looks like this screenshot4.png

Edited by esmenard

I got this message- any tips on how to address it (or if it will negatively effect my game)?  Thanks!

Edit:  for whatever reason the forum won't let me insert an image from google photos.  The message when loading says "Restock detected installation issues.  Found unexpected directory, likely from an older version of KSP.  C:/Program Files... fuelTankT100."

Same for fuelTankT200, fuelTankT400, and fuelTankT800

Edited by ble210

These are leftover deprecated stock parts that didn't get deleted when your game updated a while back. You can go ahead and delete these folders... alternatively, you could delete the whole game and reinstall it anew of you feel uncomfortable deleting specific folders.

Basically, Steam doesn't do a goo job at removing old, unused folders and file assets when games update. In this case, old part assets remain in the game directory which can cause weird issues when it comes to patching the stock parts these assets relate to.

21 hours ago, esmenard said:

How can I replace a ReStock part with a stock part ? If I understand correctly, I have to remove the part's config in "Pactches" and remove the stock part's file name from the blacklist file ?

Edit : I am trying to replace the ReStock HECS2 with the stock one. I have removed the HECS2 part from Patches/Command/ReStockProbes.cfg, the Parts/Misc/AsteroidDay/HECS2.mu and Parts/Misc/AsteroidDay/hecs* from the blacklist, and the HECS2 assets from Assets/Command. The part is showing on the editor, but it looks like this screenshot4.png

I asked about something similar to this earlier in the thread. I wanted to have both versions available to me and I know how to do that. You need to remove it from the whitelist and then you also need a MM patch to re-name the original part and add it before the ReStock part. Example patch:

// Patches applying art changes to crewed command parts
// Contents:
// - PPD-12 Cupola Module (cupola)
// - Mk1-3 Command Pod (mk1-3pod)
// - Mk1 Command Pod (mk1pod_v2)
// - Mk1 Lander Can (landerCabinSmall)
// - Mk2 Lander Can (mk2LanderCabin_v2)

// Cupola
+PART[cupola]:FIRST
{
	@name = cupola_stock
}

// Mk1 Pod
+PART[mk1pod_v2]:FIRST
{
	@name = m1pod_v2_stock
}

// Mk1-3 Pod
+PART[mk1-3pod]:FIRST
{
	@name = mk1-3pod_stock
}

// Mk1 Lander Can
+PART[landerCabinSmall]:FIRST
{
	@name = landerCabinSmall_stock
}

// Mk2 Lander Can
+PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]:FIRST
{
  	@name = mk2LanderCabin_v2_stock
}

This one does all of the stock command pods and re-adds them alongside the the ReStock versions. Just make a new .cfg files and add the correct name of the probe core. I would use this as an interim until someone tells you how to remove the ReStock one entirely. I'm sure it's not that hard to do. I think it might just be a change to the modifier in the patch. 

8 hours ago, esmenard said:

Where do I have to put this cfg ? I tried in GameData, but it doesn't change anything.

In GameData is the right location but I don't know why it's not working for you.  MM will read all .cfg files in GameData and it's subdirectories.  Does the file have a .cfg extension and not a .cfg.txt one, perhaps?

I put all of my custom patches in a directory called zzMyConfigs under GameData.  That way they're the last to run, they're easy to copy to a new game, and they're all in one place.

18 hours ago, Poodmund said:

These are leftover deprecated stock parts that didn't get deleted when your game updated a while back. You can go ahead and delete these folders... alternatively, you could delete the whole game and reinstall it anew of you feel uncomfortable deleting specific folders.

Basically, Steam doesn't do a goo job at removing old, unused folders and file assets when games update. In this case, old part assets remain in the game directory which can cause weird issues when it comes to patching the stock parts these assets relate to.

Thank you!  I feel comfortable tracking down the folders and deleting them, rather than reinstalling (unless you recommend a reinstall for whatever reason).

23 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I have found that even when I completely delete my KSP directory in steamapps\common after uninstalling the game through steam, if I re-install the latest version, 1.7.3, various old parts’ old CFGs still get downloaded (for example, the “non-v2” Mk 1 Command Pod, as well as the newer v2 version).  

Do you get this too?  And could it be causing any issues with ReStock?  Might this be the source of my problem a few posts up?

As SQUAD revamp certain parts they soft-deprecate them for a few version/patch updates of KSP. This involves them making the old versions of the parts unresearchable/unplaceable in the Editor but the parts still exist in the game (so as to not make your existing vessels suddenly lose parts in flight). After a few versions/patches, these soft-deprecate parts are then hard-deprecated and completely removed from the game.

This is probably why you still have some older parts in your brand new install... however, Steam is not great at fully removing the old part files when they are hard-deprecated so milage may vary between users. This is why the warning popup was added when users may have leftover erroneous parts lingering in their install.