[1.12.3] Restock - Revamping KSP's art (Feb 25)

Nertea

Ok, so, to make sure: if I download the newest release, replace the Skipper & Mainsail files with the ones from the previous release, and then swap this modified folder out with the one I currently have installed, this should work properly on 1.8.1, correct?

1 hour ago, Alex33212 said:

Ok, so, to make sure: if I download the newest release, replace the Skipper & Mainsail files with the ones from the previous release, and then swap this modified folder out with the one I currently have installed, this should work properly on 1.8.1, correct?

On 5/1/2020 at 2:59 AM, Nertea said:

You can use the new release in 1.8.1, there are no issues

@Nertea Hello and thanks for this 1.9 update !!!
The last update of ReStock added some extra variants to engine plates. These variants appeared "before" the former variants.
i.e on the selection, [short, medshort, med, medlong, long] became [bt1, bt2, bt3, bt4, short, medshort, med, medlong, long].

When I loaded a previous craft file, its "short" variant became a boat tail, messing up the design a bit. I guess it's something like variant[0] not referring to the same variant anymore.

Is it possible to add the new variants at the end of the list for compatibility ? 

1 hour ago, Challyss said:

@Nertea Hello and thanks for this 1.9 update !!!
The last update of ReStock added some extra variants to engine plates. These variants appeared "before" the former variants.
i.e on the selection, [short, medshort, med, medlong, long] became [bt1, bt2, bt3, bt4, short, medshort, med, medlong, long].

When I loaded a previous craft file, its "short" variant became a boat tail, messing up the design a bit. I guess it's something like variant[0] not referring to the same variant anymore.

Is it possible to add the new variants at the end of the list for compatibility ? 

I'm not able to replicate this, can you give more specifics? is this in flight or in the VAB? which size boattail is it? and what length?

Yes, I saw that; however, in the same post, Nertea says that the Skipper and Mainsail models in this release are incompatible with 1.8.1.

The new models are but, correct me if im wrong, the old ones will just load instead.

Edited by Weimaraner

Yes, I saw that; however, in the same post, Nertea says that the Skipper and Mainsail models in this release are incompatible with 1.8.1.

The models from the previous version of restock for the 1.8 engines are still present in Restock 1.1.0, you just don't get the newer restock models since they have a different footprint

4 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

I'm not able to replicate this, can you give more specifics? is this in flight or in the VAB? which size boattail is it? and what length?

In the VAB. I didn't have crafts with the parts in flight.

The craft file was saved with a 2.5m engine plate, short, while playing on KSP 1.9.1 with the 1.8-compatible version of ReStock.
After installing the last ReStock, on loading the craft in the VAB, it comes with the Boattail (dark) variant.

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Can you explain this any more? It makes zero sense to me. Something doesn't fit? Can't see anything obviously causing issues.

The FL-S1200 Liquid Fuel tank is placed between 0.625-size tanks in all 3 categories - 2 stock and one from FilterExtensions (I think).

Now that I think about it, these screenshots have only complicated the bug report.

Edited by Krzeszny

Are there any plans for a consistent striping pattern across the different tanks? The half-size 2.5m tank has no stripes, the quarter-size has full-length stripes, the full-size (Jumbo) has stripes but only on the bottom (and not in the same places as the quarter-size)... The 0.625m tanks have the exact same problem, and I haven't looked at any other sizes yet.

When I upgraded from Restock/+ 1.0.3 to 1.1.0 in KSP 1.8.1, it caused an exception and subsequent failure of the Kerbal Research and Development mod. This only happens with Restock/+ v1.1.x, but happens with just those two mods and their dependencies installed. Anyone else having the same problem?

@Nertea think I may have found a minor bug: deleting the Restock claw by dropping it back into the part catalog crashes KSP to desktop. Pressing the delete key works just fine. .625 Restock+ claw has no issues, I haven't found any other parts with this issue but then I haven't tested everything either.  KSP.log just lists a normal "part deleted" entry and then no further entries.  No error log generated unless they changed the location since last time I played. Modlist is just your stuff, mechjeb and scatterer. 

Everything else runs great, I started up a career save for the first time in ages and it's been a blast getting reacquainted with the low tier stock parts!:D

Edit: forgot to mention stock claw with rs & rs+ removed has no issues

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

Minor bug report.  The 3.75 spherical tank is just a touch undersized in diameter compared to other  3.75m tanks. (restock-fueltank-sphere-375-1)  This shows as a step when connected to other 3.75m tanks parts. Below is a 3.75m MH tank reskinned by restock.  

IcZm01X.png

I suggest 2 improvements:

• "Caravel" from RS+ should be slightly more expensive because it's somewhat OP for its price, compared to "Skipper" on one end and "Swivel" on the other.
  • "Caravel" shouldn't be removed when MH is installed because it's not really an equivalent. It has 100 kN more thrust than "Bobcat" (EDIT: 200 kN more than "Skiff") and different ISP ASL.
Edited by Krzeszny
Skiff

On 5/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

@Nertea think I may have found a minor bug: deleting the Restock claw by dropping it back into the part catalog crashes KSP to desktop. Pressing the delete key works just fine. .625 Restock+ claw has no issues, I haven't found any other parts with this issue but then I haven't tested everything either.  KSP.log just lists a normal "part deleted" entry and then no further entries.  No error log generated unless they changed the location since last time I played. Modlist is just your stuff, mechjeb and scatterer. 

Everything else runs great, I started up a career save for the first time in ages and it's been a blast getting reacquainted with the low tier stock parts!:D

can you recreate this in stock?

9 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I suggest 2 improvements:

• "Caravel" from RS+ should be slightly more expensive because it's somewhat OP for its price, compared to "Skipper" on one end and "Swivel" on the other.
  • "Caravel" shouldn't be removed when MH is installed because it's not really an equivalent. It has 100 kN more thrust than "Bobcat" and different ISP ASL.

Simply put, the 'Caravel' is the 'Skiff' from MH, and so it copies the price and thrust.

Also the bobcat is not affected by restock.

43 minutes ago, Mountain Parrot said:

Simply put, the 'Caravel' is the 'Skiff' from MH, and so it copies the price and thrust.

Also the bobcat is not affected by restock.

'Skiff' has 300 kN of thrust in vacuum. 'Caravel' has 500 kN. That's a huge difference.

12 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

can you recreate this in stock?

That was one of the first things I tried, couldn't reproduce. Sorry, I meant to include that information in the original post but left it out somehow. 

Next chance I get I'll try with a fresh download, I think maybe mine got interrupted or something. 

On 5/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, Krulliam said:

Any chance to see this get some capability with Ven's Stock Part Revamp? I'm a sucker for part diversity since rockets looking too samey just throws of mah vibes maan. I could probably cobble together a really cruddy patch to make them work together (albeit barely) but just needed to know if there was already plans to make them compatible or if somebody had made a patch.

(pls don't kill me for asking this, i have like 6 kids which are all inexplicably goldfish and i can't abandon them by being thrown into non-existence)

Wow, AFAIK there isn't any. Could you please uploas your patch as a mod when and if you would make it?

On 5/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

I'm unable to reproduce this bug, do you have more information?

On 5/5/2020 at 9:52 PM, cineboxandrew said:

The models from the previous version of restock for the 1.8 engines are still present in Restock 1.1.0, you just don't get the newer restock models since they have a different footprint

Ohhhh, thanks!